What are the rules on sites posting your work?

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
DAE_JA_VOO

What are the rules on sites posting your work?

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I just did some googling. I found a handful of russian websites that Featured my first mod, Epiphany. I also found a handful of sites featuring my EEE Touchpanel mod.

I'm not complaining at all, it's cool that so many sites want to feature my work, but isn't there some kind of rule stating that these sites need my permission first?

(man i'm happy i'm watermarking my images now...)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Link us!!!!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

just google my nick and go a few pages down. You'll see a bunch of russian sites, and you'll see a site showing to my paradigm mod, and quite a few showing my touchscreen EEE
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

with regard to russian sites, ther is absolutely nothing u can do. wasting your time if you want them to ask 4 ur permission!!!
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

No watermarks here:
ForumApex
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Surely this should be ok no? I mean, we ourselves post pics in discussions all the time

Of course I see a problem should anybody claim credit but if not, hey, free publicity.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

You should also have something saying please don't copy my work without my permission. The Russian sites probably won't honour it. Go spam their forums, advertising your website, lol.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

yes there is a law against that in SA. so if the server was on SA soil u could take legal action. but i don't think u can if its not in SA.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Mow

Post by Mow »

The russians have no such lows . hence allofmp3.com.
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Russia.

**** Yeah!!
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

jamin_za wrote:Russia.

**** Yeah!!

[Team America theme song]Russia... **** YEAH!!! On the way to screw the mother ****** day yeah!!!![/Team America theme song]
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Prime

Re: What are the rules on sites posting your work?

Post by Prime »

You could try a dirty tactic like informing the sites sponsors about what the site is doing. :?:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Or deleting the images from your Photobucket account and uploading some of jamin's finer quality collections in their place. :lol: :evil: Seriously, I agree with the abover posters that there's not much you can do. Live with it.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Guys, problem solved long ago :)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

D'oh ... must ... check ... dates ... before ... replying. You have my full permission to give the three of us a :smack:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Stuart wrote:D'oh ... must ... check ... dates ... before ... replying. You have my full permission to give the three of us a :smack:
Especially you :P