PCFormat September Comments and Crits

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: PCFormat September Comments and Crits

Post by Hman »

Nab wrote:...made good friends with a certain gymnast of huge gaming proportions :mrgreen: who will be gracing our cover just in time for rAge complete with an interview and a slightly larger gaming section.

The new Lara Croft? I forgot the model's name already. :oops:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Nab wrote:Damnit Ron, make the indents show!
That would be possible but then he would need to add the following custom BB code.

I myself would love to see the custom BB codes for text alignment added to the forums. :)
Hman wrote:The new Lara Croft? I forgot the model's name already. :oops:
Alison Carroll

I have a few comments, but I want to expand on it by going through the mag again. But thanks for the free copy, it gave me something to do when I had nothing to do at work! :P
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Xiphan wrote:thanks for the free copy, it gave me something to do when I had nothing to do at work! :P
The first rule of having nothing to do at work....

DON'T TALK ABOUT HAVING NOTHING TO DO AT WORK

Damn amateurs.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

jamin_za wrote:
Xiphan wrote:thanks for the free copy, it gave me something to do when I had nothing to do at work! :P
The first rule of having nothing to do at work....

DON'T TALK ABOUT HAVING NOTHING TO DO AT WORK

Damn amateurs.
QFT
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
rsifan

Post by rsifan »

Never get a chance to complete reading the mag, but I have enjoyed the it so far.

I have been putting off subscribing to the mag for a while now, but looking at this month's edition, I think I'm gonna subscribe as soon as possible.

About the article on Nvidia vs ATI - In most of the reviews and comparisons that I have read on the net, the ATI's seem to lag a little behind the Nvidia cards. Having said this, I think the fact that most ATI cards are available at a lower price point still makes them a good choice. I am definitely not an ATI fanboy by any stretch (the last ATI card I owned was a 9550 i think it was called), but I feel that people miss the point when arguing about a choice between ATI and Nvidia.

Oh, if the cover disc is not already put together and it is released on time, could you possibly put the FIFA09 demo on please. Seems the game release is scheduled for 02 October 2008, but from past experience we'll probably only get it in November!!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

What are the benefits of subscribing? I enjoy walking into a shop and buying it off the shelf. Subscribed to mags before and they were always delayed - so not really keen.

But love the mag - will do a closer read through. Was not aware we could comment on content :twisted:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Subscriber magazines come wrapped in edible plastic.
VinceThePrince

Post by VinceThePrince »

This month's mag, imho, was awesome!

I keep 3 stacks of mags next to me "throne"... and thanks to this month's issue, the PCF mag stack is gonna be growing consistently (thanks to me new sub)... Being a noob on the techie side of PC's, PCF is teaching me a lot of things... and my conversation skills with the IT department at work is becoming a lot more interesting now. The PCF mag also let's me know which games are worth getting excited over, and which to leave as the reviews have proven to be pretty close to my experiences with the games.

1 crit though... There are a few grammatical errors in the mag, that would not have been picked up by MS Word spell checker... Little things like "everyone one" and stuff like that... I counted 4 in this month's mag (which seems to be the average across all the mags I read)...
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

VinceThePrince wrote:1 crit though... There are a few grammatical errors in the mag, that would not have been picked up by MS Word spell checker... Little things like "everyone one" and stuff like that... I counted 4 in this month's mag (which seems to be the average across all the mags I read)...
If there is a consistent average of 4 mistakes per magazine, then the probability of this month's mag having no such mistakes is 1,83% :)
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Tribble wrote:What are the benefits of subscribing?

Yeah what are they !
Nab
G3AR Magazine Editor

Post by Nab »

Thanks everyone for your participation. Since October is hitting shelves I am going to lock this thread and open a new one. VinceThePrince if you could send me a mail and let me know where the mistakes are, it would really be great!
What you see written above is my opinion and not that of the peeps that put food on my plate.