Tygon Tubing: Local is (not) lekker

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
Kenjutsu

Tygon Tubing: Local is (not) lekker

Post by Kenjutsu »

Recently, I tried to get some Tygon tubing. Needless to say, it seemed impossible to get this tube locally. I was surprised to find a local supplier. They can supply it in rolls of 10 feet, but not to Joe Blow, only to companies with a valid VAT number.

Still no problem, I thought. I have a friend with his own business with a valid VAT number. The problem? Price:
10 feet roll @ R129,42 excl VAT, excl R200.00 freight logistic cost if order is less than R500.00, & R120.00 transport charges.
Now, if I buy 10 feet of the same tube from Performance-PCs.com, the price is $26.75 (incl. the cheapest shipping option), which is about R206.75! :shock:
Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. - Miyamoto Musashi
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: Tygon Tubing: Local is (not) lekker

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah. Mad expensive tubing. Buying from P-PCs is your best option.

But let me tell you, if you're in PTA, go by JB STamp. They have some pretty nice tubing. While Tygon is INCREDIBLE tubing, it's also very soft, which can cause issues.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Kenjutsu

Post by Kenjutsu »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:But let me tell you, if you're in PTA, go by JB STamp. They have some pretty nice tubing.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near PTA, so my options are very limited. :roll:
Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. - Miyamoto Musashi
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Im going to be importing and disturbuting WC'ing stuff soon, im going to bring in a bunch of Clearflex, and try get my hands on some tygon if possible :P

Rob~
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
Kenjutsu

Post by Kenjutsu »

RobThePyro wrote:Im going to be importing and disturbuting WC'ing stuff soon, im going to bring in a bunch of Clearflex, and try get my hands on some tygon if possible :P
Rob~
Good to hear your business is progressing so nicely! :wink: I need some Tygon R-3603 I.D. × O.D. 1/4 in. × 3/8 in. tubing, or similar.

Any timeframe on when you will be up and running?