Where is a good place to buy a PC in CT?

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
residentj

Where is a good place to buy a PC in CT?

Post by residentj »

If you don't have a supplier contact, I had a look at Chaos Computers and their prices seem a bit off? Probably just a mid range PC, somewhere there abouts.

Please help, thanks.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Where is a good place to buy a PC in CT?

Post by Ron2K »

Landmark PC. Order what you want online, EFT what you owe them, wait for them to get the stuff, then take a drive over to Pinelands (easier said than done, Pinelands is a maze) to collect your order (you can get them to courier as well, but then you'll pay delivery charges). Plus, Andy is the most helpful person you're likely to come across.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

prophecy shop online is also very nice. Rid1 is in Cape Town , I bet he would know.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Buy most or all of my stuff from a guy in somerset west. Bit pricier than online shops but selection is almost as big and the research from both our sides makes deciding on items easier and get to decide on better hardware for the job.

I'd have gone i5 if he didnt see the i7 on his list.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Siemens wrote:prophecy shop online is also very nice. Rid1 is in Cape Town , I bet he would know.
Prophecy is based in JHB, Landmark is based in CPT.
zimmer-frame

Post by zimmer-frame »

I just bought a rig from LandmarkPC (see my post in 'show your rigs') two weeks ago..and didn't have the greatest experience with them.

Ordered the Thursday, EFT'd at like 8:15am, only got the 'processing your order' mail on the Friday. Eventually got the pc the next Thursday, even though it was promised for the Monday at the latest. My order was R15 500, and they still wanted to charge me labour for assembly :cry:

Next problem was the DVD-R was faulty, so had to borrow one from the office for the weekend to get the machine working, and dropped the faulty unit off at Landmark on Monday. I haven't heard a thing from them since..

Their pricing is awesome (R502 for a 1tb Samsung!) but in future I'd probably prefer going to a shop where I can walk in and say "fix this, now!" like Chaos or Cafe Viva etc..
Intel i-7 950 (4Ghz with HT on) / 3 X 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X (1600MHz) / MSI X58A-GD / 2 x EVGA Nvidia 1Gb 460GTX SuperClocked External Exhaust / 320gb Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD + 2 x Seagate 1TB SATA 6Gb/s/ Corsair H70 Hydro Water Cooling / Corsair TX 850W PSU / CoolerMaster HAF-922 / 2 x 22" Fujitsu LCD Wide
residentj

Post by residentj »

Yeah thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll try this Landmark out I really don't like Chaos computers etc anyway.