F1 2005!!!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Road_Kill wrote:Not yet, but thats two years away. So you don't really konw. The reason I mentioned Kimi is cause they already sat down together and were discussing it. It seems pretty sure, but I would prefer Alonso.
As for your question, what some of us Kimi fans will do if Kimi joins ferrari...well I can't say what I'll do. I know I would not like it one bit, and times change, as well as the cars and engins, but I will most likely support Kimi but not ferarri. I know it's a stupid comment seen that he might be driving for them in 2007, but this time of the season is also known as silly season where the newspapers speculate and we as supporters follow. 2007 Kimi and Rossi for ferrari. I don't know, but I'll be pretty dissapointed. You say you would prefer Alonso.....well I'm sorry to say this but Alonso is not as much a fighter as Kimi. Kimi matured alot in this season with all the bad luck that he had, and any team able to snatch him will be very lucky. Oh and the newspapers also went on about M Shummi going to McLaren.......so silly season it is.

Having said that...... I've always been a McLaren fan......from back in 88 when I started watching F1, and I will remain loyal to my team, but I will also never stop supporting my upcomming team Toyota.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Should I jump the que and tell you all what jPm is gonna post when he gets the next chance? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, you all know already... :wink:

Well, well, well. This was surely an interesting, yet dissappointing race.

Kimi must have gone on a mirror breaking spree when he was younger.

Terrible freekin' luck. But Oh well, what can you do?

As for Kimi - Ferrari: That will be a real problem for me! I've always been a Mclaren Fan, and follow whoever races for them (Senna, Hakkinen, Kimi), But I started liking Kimi while he was still at Sauber.
Then also, I've never liked Ferrari... :?

mmm Decisions decisions...
RVFmal

Post by RVFmal »

Could any single driver have any more bad luck? Not a Mclaren or Kimi fan, but d@mn that guy is just never going to win a championship with the run of luck he is currently having.

Looks like there is a little bit of animosity beginning to creep into the Bridgestone Ferrari partnership. Ferrari blames BS and BS are strting to blame Ferrari. Doesn't bode well for the future.

As for the Kimi/Ferrari rumours, if things continue to go as they are for the poor lad, one cannot blame him for entertaining thoughts of moving to another team. Ferrari have the potential and maybe he feels that he will have better luck there.

That is the problem with supporting a driver more than one supports a team as they might end up at a team that you despise. This is why I am first and foremost a Ferrari supporter and you support whoever drives for the team.

As I have said before, I am no Kimi/Alonso or Montoya fan (actually despise the last two), but should they ever end up with a Ferrari drive, they will get my support as long as they are in the team.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

what a shame. Kimi was flying that race he had more fuel than any1 else, set the fastest qauli with that fuel yet he still had to go back ten places :cry: then the start problem with villi, then his tyre problem....... poor poor Kimi :cry:

intrestingly enough when Kimi had fresh air in front of him he was faster than any other driver out there. Martin Brundle was amazed that Kimi with all his bad luck was able to climb back to 4th. and if he didnt have the tyre issue he would now be in third. heres hoping the next race is better for Kimi.

Respect does go out to Monty for keeping 1st after having the same tyre issue as Kimi. Well Done Monty.

As for that question of who to support. I will still support Kimi and Mclaren, and will still give my support to the teams they drive for.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

A win for AMD

read b4 you think i posted it in the wrong thread :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Nice race, a bit disappointing but still Kimi's driving made it worth watching. I had a big smile, as im sure did most of you when the team pulled of the one stop and he was only 33s behind! It seemed like he was going to do the impossible and actually win the race but yeah ***** happens!

Its certainly not going to be ideal if Kimi does go to Ferrari, but i can't blame him. Still these Rumors are becoming far stronger! Now big ol' Bernie has suggested that it'll be Raikkonen/Rossi in Ferraris in 2007 :(

Mclaren won't go down without a fight! The team has the potential to dominate, they just to iron out these problems, time will tell!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
jPm

Post by jPm »

Well done Montoya,and well done KiMi

Kimi's title hopes are over,he lacks something that alonso similar to michael has
RVFmal

Post by RVFmal »

jPm wrote:Kimi's title hopes are over,he lacks something that alonso similar to michael has
And what would that be?
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

RVFmal wrote:
jPm wrote:Kimi's title hopes are over,he lacks something that alonso similar to michael has
And what would that be?
Luck! :lol:
RVFmal

Post by RVFmal »

Kronos wrote:
RVFmal wrote:
And what would that be?
Luck! :lol:
And a reliable car? :P :P

I think it is a bit early to begin making comparisons between any of these young drivers and MS. Only time will tell as to whether they are as good if not better.
jPm

Post by jPm »

At the moment Kimi raikonnen does not have what it takes to become a world champion,he lacks the very thing that alonso has and thats thinking.

Racing is about being the fastest driver,its about being the fastest whilst being clever about it.

Kimi is still the same driver he was back in 2003, he ahsnt went a step forward, YES he is the FASTEST driver in F1 at the moment,even montoya quoted that on a press release, but as montoya also said, kimi is not going to win the championship this year.

Back in 2003 kimi raikonnen didnt have the fastest car,but his skills were very good,perfect example was nurburgring 2003,when he had a gap of 8seconds to ralf schumacher, this was the fastest his car could possibly go. Soon after ralf started gaining upto Half a Second a lap, kimi pushed harder in a car that could not go faster and overdrived the car and YES he stopped ralf's pursuit, only to have himself drop out of the race with and ENGINE FAILURE.

in 2004 Mclaren had bad luck, well they a had a ****** car until the 3rd quarter of the year, but still kimi blew his engines or retired for some reason while DC (YES DC SQUAREFACE) didnt have as many technical problems, why was that.

The reason is because KIMI tries to overdrive his

in 2005 that is what has caused him the championship, his eagerness to WIN the CHAMPIONSHIP his lead to him losing the championsip. This year we have had a rule stating 1 engine for 2races. All the teams done there best to make an engine to do this, including mclaren. Yet kimi still has problems, the reason is because he trys to drive faster than he needs to. In alot of races this year he was leading with a comfortable lead to alonso or whoever but still tends to push harder, when he doesnt need to, thus blowing or damaging his car.

If he pushes and overdrives in one race, YES he wins, but his engine takes the strain for the next race, and thats the main reason in why he blows so much, other than that, his driving still is somewhat very aggressive towards the chicanes, this was seen in a couple of races this year, and this also plays a role in his destruction of his chassis.

Montoya went through the same problem in 2001 and 2002

He tryed to drive his inferior williams as fast as the domination ferrari's, and yes he achieved fastest laps and kept up to them now and then, but sooner or later he had to retire, in 2002 he had the record for the most consecutive pole positions, and yet couldnt convert one of them to a victory, simply because he overdrove his engine and his car.

in 2003 Frank williams stated in a press release that montoya should learn from michael, and drive within your equipment limits given, and that was exactly what he did, and did well, but still his eagerness for speed made him overdrive his engine.

Through all this we had Ralf Schumacher,who i dont regard as a great driver, but he did exactly that, he drove within his cars limits and had less blow outs than montoya

Alonso is doing that, he is driving cleverly, he looks more and more like michael schumaher, he doesnt try to overtake, but rather use his brains to race. He knows his car is not as fast as the mclarens, but he still has a comfortable lead over them, because when he is first, he doesnt try to push his car beyond its limits, or when he is second and knows he cant come first he will lower his revs etc. That is why alonso is going to win the championship

Yesterday Kimi drove a spectacular race,even with the tyre issue he was the fastest driver by some distance, but if he used some brains in his driving he would have been in front of fisichella, he had 13 laps to go, with 3seconds from fisi, but he was pushing his car was to hard,when he could rather have drove at maybe half a second slower and caught up2 fisi and overtaken him, Still great racing from him

But you must remember that a DRIVER is only as good as his equipment he drives, and kimi must learn to drive within the limits of his car

I presume that he is going to get an engine failure in SPA either before the race or during the racing, as he has to use his overdriven monza engine at SPA

NB: KIMI was the only driver from the front runners using a new engine at monza, this should have given him and extreme advantage

From my point of view yesterday alonso didnt even bother about montoya winning or kimi winning, he has the champioship in the bag, after the first pitstop he didnt even bother racing montoya anymore,

Kimi has to learn to control his skill and eagerness if he wants to win a championship, if kimi does win spa, brazil, and japan i will say he is the best driver in F1

Schumaher proved in 2003 that having the fastest car out there doesnt necessarily mean that you are the best driver out there

cia0

cia0
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I would love to watch F1 and my favorite driver, Kimi. But ever since that sh*t SABC took it off from during the day...

Even though they put adverts saying "without paying your tv licences, we can't put quality live sports coverage like we do."

I pay mine. Where is it?????? :evil:
jPm

Post by jPm »

Sowwy i have a couple of errors in the last postin,4 give me

NB:Racing is about being the fastest driver,its about being the fastest whilst being clever about it. SUPPOSE to be

Racing is not about being the fastest driver,its about being the fastest whilst being clever about it.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Hey JPM..you have your point, we've got ours. I'm sorry boet but thus far the driver of this season as many would say is Kimi.....if it wasn't for Kimi this season would have been boring to say the least.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Well lets hope we see the 1st 1-2 for mCLAREN at SPA
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i agree with you that he pushes hard, but (i use this word way to much) some of his non finishes have either occured from mechanical failure, not from over driving just a general failure. others have been tyre related and again bar one it wasent due to over driving. also Mclaren team boss Rod Dennis would have seen Kimi over driving the car and told him to slow it down. Also shhouldnt Mercedes see where there engine are faling and strengthen that part slightly? He only follow orders and if he gets told to push he will push.

again we have our views and you have yours.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Well yeah F1 would be boring if no 1 pushes!

But similarly, you can overclock your computer to its limit, but in the end your Processor is going to have less life than it would have had

Same as cars

Yeah no doubt that F1 will be boring if Kimi doesnt push, but there is a limit to pushing, and if Kimi carries on pushing as hard as he is, then his car is going to last

Mercedes need to do something to ensure that their engines are reliable, But so far this year Mclaren know that the engines are not reliable, so they shouldnt tell kimi to PUSH as hard as he is doing

If he pushes much harder for the remaining 4 races of the season, mclaren might not even have a Constructors championship, so Ron Dennis better set his priorities straight and let the drivers know what their aims are for the rest of the season
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

now we are on the same page.

i do believe that good ol Ron is pushing them to hard but as you said F1 is not F1 with the pushing. (much like some other activity :wink:) :lol:
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Anakha56 wrote:...(much like some other activity :wink:) :lol:
Jy praat van kaskarre ook né? :lol:

In english that would be: You're talking about boxcar racing, aren't you?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

yep how did you know.... :wink: :lol:

any1 want to place bets on SPA?
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Anakha56 wrote:yep how did you know.... :wink: :lol:

any1 want to place bets on SPA?
good idea. What shall we bet? Browney points?

I'd like to bet 1000 browney points on Kimi!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: i see your 1000 brownie points and raise you 5000 that Kimi will win hands down...

(were on the same team oh well)
jPm

Post by jPm »

SPA is going to be a strong race for the Mclaren Team, and we all know that kimi is an Expert around that circuit, but dont under estimate Montoya around SPA,

Il raise you a CHOCOLATE CAKE, saying that Montoya will win, mainly on the fact that i assume that KiMis Engine is going to blow, so he will have a 10 place drop (hopefully im wrong)

Yeah so my bet is Montoya

NB: Since the last 5 races

Alonso scored 34 points ( 1 win, no retirements,except HUNGARy scored no points,i think)
Kimi scored 31 points (2 wins and 1 DNF)
Montoya scored 34 points ( 2 wins and 1 DNF)
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

@jPm, Again, you're trying to make up the rules as you go along to suit your argument. And don't tell me you just posted those stats FYI.

Why specifically the last 5 races? Oh, I know. 'Cause it's 5 races ago that JPM won his first of the season! :roll:

Why not the last 4 races?

Then:
Kimi: 25 Points. (2 wins, 1 4th place, 1 DNF)
Alonso: 26 Points. (1 win, 2 seconds, 1 no Points)
JPM: 24 Points. (1 win, 1 Second, 1 third, 1 DNF)

Or the Last 6:
Kimi: 39 points (2 wins, 1 second, 1 third, 1 4th, 1 DNF)
Alonso: 44 points (2 wins, 3 seconds, 1 11th)
JPM: 34 points (2 wins, 1 second, 1 third, 2DNF)

Or if I want to make Kimi look Better:
the Last 10: (This is also a nice round figure just in case you wanted to argue that)
Kimi: 59 points (4 wins, 1 second, 1 third, 1 4th, 1 11th, 2 DNF)
Alonso: 59 Points (3 wins, 3 seconds, 1 4th, 1 11th, 2 DNF)
JPM: 40 points (2 wins, 1 second, 1 third, 1 5th, 1 7th, 1 DSQ, 3 DNF)

Then from this, I can claim that Kimi has been on par with Alonso for most of the season.
But if I wanted to use this tactic, I would neglect to quote the fact that Alonso had a third, 3 wins, and a second in the first 5 races, and Kimi had a 8th, 9th, 3rd, DNF, and 1 win.

And I can also claim that in the same amount of time JPM has messed up much more than Kimi even, with 3 DNF, and a DSQ. And you say Kimi pushes too hard?

See? it changes the picture slightly when you take any conditions other than what suits your POV.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

PS.
I see those 5000 Browney Points, and the Chocolate Cake, and raise you a noddy badge that Kimi will not only win, but get pole, and set the fastest lap of the race!