F1 2005!!!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

So what is every1's thought's on the F1 race in SilverStone? I am glad that Montoya won would have preferred a win by Kimi but hey beggar's cat be chooser's :wink: What's up with Ferrari? they keep on saying that they have race pace but there cars are so slow they seem to be standing still compared to Mclaren and Renault... what's up? it certainly cant be tire's? i mean how can tire's slow you down that much?

I was impressed with Montoya's driving it was a great race nearly coming close in touch with Fernando twice and also seeing that Renault keep up close with with Mclaren was also good to see... another question whats up with Jarno? He flies in qauli but come the race he is slower than a Ferrari... :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Well being a Ferrari fan and Montoya hater, Silverstone was a complete disaster... Well done to McLaren though, they've really pulled it together this year...
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Mclaren are doing pretty well, But what i cant understand is WHAT THE HECK is Kimmi doing to his engine each race..... This is the 3rd or 4th time this year that he has to forfiet 10 places because of an engine change...... If he doest win the the Drivers champoinship this year he only has one person to blame... Himselft
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i think it's a case of Kimi pushing very hard, he didnt get the nick Flying Fin for nothing :wink: (at least i think it got passed onto him when Mika left) if you look @ it he is the fastest man out there which mean's he pushing that car very hard. I think Mercade's better give him stronger engine's :wink: or he need's to learn to run not fly :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Daz

Post by Daz »

Well Done Montoya.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

You can't blame Kimi for what's happening to him..... He's paid to drive the car, and as fast as possible, I know these days with the engin rule you gotta make sure your engin last, but if you want to win races, you gotta push your hardware....
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

but montoya is driving the exact same car... and he gets pretty good starting possitions.... I think kimmi might be pushing the car a bit hard....

BTW: im a kimmi fan, might not look like it, but i am.... OOOI Kimmi stop busting your eninge please :p
elbow

Post by elbow »

VoodooProphetII wrote:You can't blame Kimi for what's happening to him..... He's paid to drive the car, and as fast as possible, I know these days with the engin rule you gotta make sure your engin last, but if you want to win races, you gotta push your hardware....
I agree. Mercedes needs to take a serious look at whats happening here. But if both drivers are pushing as hard as each other, why does one engine last, and the other blow up so damn often :evil:
Same goes to Ferrari, in the past (ie: last 6 years) MSC was pushing the car pretty hard and his engine never blew... but Barri kept having issues with his. Whats up with that???

Go Kimi go!!!!

----------Squire to M_T----------
----Thanks to rid1 for the avvie----
VoodooProphetII

The funny thing is that on both instances it was the oil pump for Kimi's engin that failed and when using the new engin with more KW...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Wow what a race! Kimi won (YAY go Kimi) Alonso didnt score any points and Ferrari seem to be getting themselves back into some sort of form.

Isnt it ironic tht this time Montoya was leading and his car failed? Its intresting that any Mclaren thats leading in the middle stint always seem to fail...

Ferrari deserve some praise they finally seem to be getting some race pace back. They still are slower than the Mclarens but at least now they can give Renault a run for there money.

Toyota also deserve some praise, can you beleive that they actually had race pace! :wink: Well Done Toyota.

It was a terrible day for RBR, I am sure they would have scored some big point's but I guess it wasent meant to be :cry:

All in All it was a great grand prix cant wait for the next one in 3 weeks time.
jbayman

Post by jbayman »

Alonso showed yesterday that he can only perform when he is at the front.
Allthough it was a difficult track to overtake on, Barrichello and others did it much easier than Alonso did.
I'm a Schumacher fan, but would rather have Kimi win than Alonso.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

Didn't get to see the race yesterday (was busy workin all day), but glad to hear kimi won :)

And yeah, like Anakha said, it is funny how the maclaren doing well early on always seems to fail. :?

i think kimi just drives the damn things to pieces! And it doesn't matter what maclaren does to improve their machines, kimi will still break them. soon they will have to start asking him to pay for his OWN repairs if they still want to make a profit from the F1.
"Sometimes the more your think,
the more there is no real answer."
Winnie the Pooh
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

*Gloating*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I told y'all that kimi would own when his car lasts.

Even though it's sad from a team perspective, I'm glad that JPM's car failed. Since this proves to the Anti Kimi peeps that it's NOT Kimi who pushes his car TOO hard, but rather that the car is not yet 100% Reliable.

GO KIMI!!!
VoodooProphetII

To correct myself with regards to my earlier statements regarding Kimi's engin failures.... One failure in practice was due to a baring and the other one in practice was due to an oil pump.....both on a new engin which more horses, and of course on both instances he lost 10 places on the starting grid. Now in both these cases it was something that could have been avoided, but Kimi driving the car the way it should be driven would have contributed as well. Now going back to the previous race in Germany.....hmmmm Hydraulic pump....well yet another thing that was from what I heard something to do with the parts not assembled as it should have been...then again I might be corrected here (note that I am a big McLaren fan so I'm shooting myself in the foot here, just to come to Kimi's defence). With JPM's car....drive shaft, which they suspect was as a result of the car which was involved in a incident while exiting the pits going towards the starting grid. Any one who watched the race might recall James Allan saying that JPM isn't sure about his car after the incident in pits before the race where the car was driven over something from BAR lying in the pit lane, that's why his not driving as quick as the front runners, and why Kimi overtook him....but then again it sounds a bit far fetched taking how Kimi drives over the curbs.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Hey everybody,KimI isnt as good as u all rate Him,look at montoya,he missd 2 races,and wud have won in canada and hungry if it wasnt for engine probz!!he also had a gr8 chance in monaco until the stewards penalised him and sent him to the back of the grid,also nurburgring webber smashd him in the first corner from 3rd place,france also engine afta bein 3seconds from kimi in 3rd,so if u add up all dat without him doing 2 races(which he missd),he wud be in front OF KIMI RAIKONNEN,which makes u think is kimi dat gr8,i PERsonally think dat he is GOOD,but not gr8!! dat adds up 2 +-(40points) and if u add Wurz and Pedros points...it wud be -+(56points)+(his 36points) = 92pnts

In silverstone montoya went head to head with alonso,KIMI wud neva dream of tryin dat,bcoz he isnt dat good of a driver,the only driver to go head to head with mSHUMI is MOntoya!!!and dats not once,but many of times,even with his inferior williams he had done dat.

CANADA was team RULZ,everybody saw dat,and we all knew who was gonna win dat,and hungry montoya and kimi on different strategies,kimi wudnt have had a chance as jpm was pittin a lap later...he cudnt even overtake mshumi wher wud he overtake his team mate!!!im lookin forward for the remainder of the season,becoz montoya has no chance at the championship,but the upcomin races are his personal gr8's...MONZA...setting the fastest QUALIFYIN time ther 3ys in a row,dat will b btwn him and SHUMI...spa will be shumi kimi and jpm..brazil is jis JPM and KIMI...and as we saw last yr JPM won in an inferior car...china agen shud be JPM and kimi...and JAPAN well...hmm...finland ppl cant win ther and alonso duznt do well ther...so i wud say jpm...TURKEY is gonna be gud...no1 knows the track...we will all see whose best ther!!llets wait and c
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

it seems you are a montoya fan, can tell via your nick :wink:

Personally wow! what a race Kimi had a bad start but managed to get it all back by fighting off 2 Renaults (when did jpm do that? :wink: ) And he had a great run to the end. Montoya flew on the track showing that Turkey was a Mclaren track, if you dont beleive me look @ the times :wink:. It was such a shame to see Montoya lose his place to Alonso would hae been great to see Mclaren 1 2 finish. Where was Ferrari once again? Yes Bridhestone let them down again but where is the speed of there engine? RBR had a fab race, loved it when DC played a strategic move on his teammate.

All in all a fab race... Loved the track and the Results. What is every1 else thoughts?
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

Turn8 is a monster, that long sweeping left hander were Montoya lost it afetr being shunted by the Jordan.

O some1 posted how Montoya is the better driver than Kimi, not 100% true. Pablo is the better RACER. He can race people for positions when it mattered he overtakes more than other people because he doesn't give a rats but, which I like.

Kimi is the better DRIVER, he can consentrate for longer periods and on average gets better results because he is consistant.

You also mentioned how many times Pablo was unlunky not to get points be it engine or penalties...have also calcualted the many time Kimi was ahead by 10-15 seconds with 20laps to go and BANG, i think its about 3 times this year.

To come back to the race. It was great, not because Kimi won because it was a great weekend for racing, a fare amount of overtaking, good result for Redbull team, and then there is that amazing turn8, did you guys see when the drivers were taking that corner and they showed it from the cockpit....DROOL 8O

Let hope the remaining races is going to be just as good if not better. Monza and Spa is going to be good fun.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

SquattingDog wrote:
To come back to the race. It was great, not because Kimi won because it was a great weekend for racing, a fare amount of overtaking, good result for Redbull team, and then there is that amazing turn8, did you guys see when the drivers were taking that corner and they showed it from the cockpit....DROOL 8O
couldnt have said it better myself. that turn is an big monster.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

jPm wrote:some mindless hippy BS (Copyright QBM) ;)
I've wanted to answer this for a while, but haven't, since I couldn't get my head completely around it. I must have been left behind in the F1 this year. :roll:

Firstly, saying that he would have (wud have) won whichever races doesn't show that he is a better driver. Kimi also "would have" won a few more races if he hadn't been penalised for engine changes and a suspension breakage, but those things happened, and he didn't. Ditto Montoya.

Secondly, Montoya missed those 2 races because he is irresponsible. If he had injured himself while driving his F1, then fine, but playing tennis, or crashing a motorbike (whichever one you wanna believe) is stupidity!

As for Monaco: The stewards didn't penalise him for nothing! He pulled a stupid, irresponsible move causing an accident.

Going head to head with Alonso and Michael Schumacher: You obviously haven't been watching the F1 this season. (Or the last 3 in fact. As Kimi lost by 2 points in 2003 and Had a crap car in 2004)
Kimi doesn't need to go head to head with Alonso, since he is too fast for Alonso to keep up when he is ahead of him, as we saw on sunday. And if Going head to head with Schumacher impresses you then you need to rethink your strategy, because MS hasn't been close to the front very often has he? :roll:

Team Rules my bottom! The team simply wasn't ready for ANYONE to pit. When they were ready, so was kimi and he went in. Then JPM made another screwup and ran the red light at the exit, therefore, his own fault.

Hungary (with an 'a' in there): JPM had a Driveshaft failure. But since you're into "if's". So what if Kimi didn't overtake MS. He still won. It has been proven over and over again, that with the new Airodynamics it's nearly impossible to overtake a slower car on some tracks (Did you see Trulli holding everybody up).

As for the rest of the season:
Monza: Fair enough, we'll see what happens.
Belgium: Ditto
Brazil: Inferior car? What inferior car? The Mclaren was far worse last year. And here's another "If" for you. Kimi was pulling away from JPM at about a second a lap just before his last stop. "IF" he had a few more laps he would've reimerged from the pits in front of JPM.
Japan: You said:"Finland ppl can't win there."
WTF? Firstly it's Finnish people, and secondly WTF again. That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard.
China: Again, we'll see what happens. Kimi was 44 seconds ahead of JPM last year.

Now for the latest news:

Great going Kimi on the last victory.
VoodooProphetII

Well done KIMI... and Kronos... Ditto....well said.
RVFmal

Post by RVFmal »

jPm, sorry mate but Kronos is correct. If you are going to make statements such as attrition has prevented Montoya from winnng races then be fair and point out that Kimi has had his fair share this year and in years gone past. Let us not forget that he could have won the 2003 championship had he not had bad luck in a couple of races.

That aside, I personally feel that the two of them are similar in talent, Kimi being level-headed and cool, whilst Montoya pushes to the end at all costs.

However Kronos, whilst Kimi may not have been fighting with MS this year, it has to be said that it is because the Mclaren is the class of the field much in the way that the roles were reversed last year. I personally would lovge to see MS, KR, JPM and Alonso in exactly the same spec car. Only then can one begin to draw comparisons as to who is the better driver. Till then we still have a 7 times World Champion against the up and coming non-world champions (though not for long).

Even though the championship will in all probability go to Alonso this year, it does not make Kimi a rubbish driver nor does it mean that Michael is in fact a cr@p driver. All it means is that he had a more reliable car and won and scorred points where it counted.

Next year is another year with different rules again, so I am going to venture to say that even if Alonso wins this year it will be his first and last time. MS will win another WC and kimi will be a WC himself.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

I agree with you up to the second to last statement.

I don't think MS will win another Championship. Unless, Renault and Mclaren totally screw up next year's cars. The ferrari is far slower than the Renaults and Mclarens this year, but once they are up to scratch, It will be real racing.

I'm not making excuses, but the last few years, MS has won in part with skill yes, but mostly because he had a superior, but more importantly RELIABLE car. That, and a great team strategy.

My oppinion though is that Michael is out of the WC for good. He will still win races, sure, but Championships? No.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Kronos you cant say he cant win championships, no one knows the future :wink: but his chances are very slim.
RVFmal

Post by RVFmal »

It remains to be seen if the Mclaren and Renault continue on their path of success.

Bear in mind that when MS joined ferrari, they were battling and it was turned around by his talent and the talent of those around him. Let it not be said that if Alonso or Kimi win the WC that they did it soley on their driving abilities as it is just as much the car and the team that will lead them to it. The days of the driver winning soley on talent and ability are long gone.

Whilst the Ferrari may be outpaced by some margin this year, who is to say that they will be in the coming year and longer. They were caught out for a number of reasons and I do not see them making that same mistake again. Last year the Mclaren were way off the pace as well and yet in a fairly short period of time they have gone to be the dominating team this year so it can and will be done.

His chances at winning the WC this year are negligible, that much is obvious, but can one write him and Ferrari off completely? I would venture to say no.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Anakha56 wrote:Kronos you cant say he cant win championships, no one knows the future :wink: but his chances are very slim.
OK. The odds are 2^262144:1 against. :lol:
So unless the Ferrari F2006 is powered by the infinite improbability Drive... :lol: :lol: :lol: