Tricking part two

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Tricking part two

Post by Azgard »

Well haven't posted about this for a while so I thought I'd let you guys know how I'm doing.

First for those of you who don't know, Tricking is basically a mixture of martial arts and gymnastic, it has stuff like kicks, flips, twists, and lots more.

Ok now I've been tricking for a few months already, since last year sometime. Did stop for about a month while I was on holiday though.

At the moment I can do cartwheels fine, one handed cartwheels also can do ok, aerials can't do yet though, too scary.

I can do running and standing front hand springs now, can do websters and front flips onto a matress also.

Umm what else. Tornado kicks are good, still haven't managed a 540 yet. Can do a Kip Up quite well now, working on an Au Batido as well :)

Also started to chain things together, did 5 near perfect cartwheels down a hill without killing myself and also working on some other stuff.

Any other guys out there trying this stuff?

I'll hopefully have some vids up once I get a little better :)
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Can u explain what some of the moves are like the Au Batido?
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

the_nominator wrote:Can u explain what some of the moves are like the Au Batido?
Sure, well the Au Batido you go down on one hand and light one leg so it's perpendicular to your body and the other leg and your body are parallel to the ground.

I dunno how good that explanation was, will find a video of it and post the link here for you.
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Nah its ok i know what u mean
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

the_nominator wrote:Nah its ok i know what u mean
Well couldn't find a video, but here's a pic, there are also lots of different variations of it.

So nominator, just noticed you in USA, what you doing there?

Edit: That pics a bit different to what I explained, suppose the one I said must be a variation or something.
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

lol not there yet i'll be there end of feb

Just updated my location when i updated my ava and sig.
I'm going to live there but i probably wont stay in North Carolina for long cause my dad will most likely get promoted to Milwhakee
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Tricking part two :)

Post by hamin_aus »

Azgard wrote:Tricking is basically a mixture of martial arts and gymnastic, it has stuff like kicks, flips, twists, and lots more.
Sounds like breakdancing.
Is it a legitamit martial art, or some form of self defence, or is it just a way to keep fit and impress the ladies?

Looks like it would be fun to watch a demo - I have 2 left feet and no co-ordination, so in the audience is the best place for me.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

the_nominator wrote:lol not there yet i'll be there end of feb

Just updated my location when i updated my ava and sig.
I'm going to live there but i probably wont stay in North Carolina for long cause my dad will most likely get promoted to Milwhakee
Oh ok, cool :)

Looks like everyones moving overseas, why can't I be so lucky :(
Maybe one day :)
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Sounds like breakdancing.
Is it a legitamit martial art, or some form of self defence, or is it just a way to keep fit and impress the ladies?

Looks like it would be fun to watch a demo - I have 2 left feet and no co-ordination, so in the audience is the best place for me.
There are aspects of break dancing in it, but it's not really a form of dancing like break dancing. The Au Batido trick is taken from Capoeira (sp) which is a Brazillian martial art / dancing style.

Well there are big events for it overseas, tricking might not be it's offical name though. A lot of the tricks, could easily be used in a fight, especially the kick. But it does keep you very fit, and impressing the ladies is obviosuly a very good reason to do it :)

It's not actually that hard, I've hardly ever played any sport in my life, but I'm progressing, slowly :)

I'll post some links to some of my favorite videos, as soon as I can remember where I downloaded them from, I have a few gigs of those kinda videos on my PC.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Azgrad, you should work up a routine you could do in time with the song It's Tricky, by Run DMC.

Although maybe that's been done aleady....
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

jamin_za wrote:Azgrad, you should work up a routine you could do in time with the song It's Tricky, by Run DMC.

Although maybe that's been done aleady....
Most people don't really do tricks in time to a song, they just take footage over a few weeks or longer, then edit it and add music and make a sampler, so a lot of the stuff the video is in time with the music kinda thing.

Almost every song has already been used in tricking videos, haven't heard that song before though so I'm not sure if it's been used.

Some of the best samplers have Linkin Park music :) Well a lot of my favorites anyway.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Did you remember the movie Roadtrip?
That part where they stayed at the black fraternity and that skinny dude got up and danced on stage?
The song he was dancing to was Its Tricky.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Here are links to one of my favorite videos, will look for some more later.

ftp://tricks:tricks@67.18.198.26/G-Dong ... 0Brown.wmv

If you watch carefuly you'll see that his technique, speed, and power is much better than most other peoples.
Did you remember the movie Roadtrip?
That part where they stayed at the black fraternity and that skinny dude got up and danced on stage?
The song he was dancing to was Its Tricky.
I remember the movie, haven't seen it though :(

I'll find the song and listen to it though.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

oh darn have to go to school now :(

Ill just watch the movie later tonight :)

Damn that Au Batido looks hard 8O
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

Azgard wrote:Here are links to one of my favorite videos, will look for some more later.

ftp://tricks:tricks@67.18.198.26/G-Dong ... 0Brown.wmv

If you watch carefuly you'll see that his technique, speed, and power is much better than most other peoples.
You didn't say how big the file is, I thought it wwould be like under 5 megs ... but its still downloading and is currently at the 24 meg mark so far...exactly how big is this file?
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

It sounds kind of like that "Drunken monkey fighting style" you see in movies. I think it was in Mortal kombat. Isn't it the Shaolin that do the monkey style. I dig it though. I wish I could pull moves like that.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

I have lots of tricking clips at home, very very cool, would like to get involved in it but the last time i done a backflip at a gym i broke my arm ;) hehehe
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

someidiotsa" wrote: oh darn have to go to school now Sad

Ill just watch the movie later tonight Smile

Damn that Au Batido looks hard Shocked
Au Batido isn't really hard, one of my friends hadn't tried anything before and just tried it and got it near perfect, I must say that pic does make it look a bit hard though. I try to do them but mostly just hit the ground.
You didn't say how big the file is, I thought it wwould be like under 5 megs ... but its still downloading and is currently at the 24 meg mark so far...exactly how big is this file?
Lol :D One thing I've learnt is that these guys love making good quality sampelers, that one is probably about 60mb and is about 4mins long.

I was gonna mention that, just slipped my mind.
Bio-Hazard wrote: It sounds kind of like that "Drunken monkey fighting style" you see in movies. I think it was in Mortal kombat. Isn't it the Shaolin that do the monkey style. I dig it though. I wish I could pull moves like that.
It's not really the same thing, I don't think it was actually made to be used as defense, but as I mentioned before a lot of the moves/tricks can be useful in a fight.

Practise is all it takes, almost anyone can do it :)
po10cy wrote: I have lots of tricking clips at home, very very cool, would like to get involved in it but the last time i done a backflip at a gym i broke my arm Wink hehehe
How it's possible to break your arm while trying a backflip? 8O

I've tried them a few times but just hate the feeling of going backwards, so it hasn't really worked. I'll try get a back hand spring first, then I can get used to going backwards.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

what happend was i done a backflit off a stand onto the floor, i landed on my feet but feel forward and my hand was slightly bent and i fell with my arm going forward into the stand, i split my arm in half, lengthways, from the right of my wrist down towards the left of my elbow, and not just that, but because of hte way it broke we all thought it was just bruised, so i still slept at my friends house and we went out he next day, just he next afternoon i went ot the doctor and when i saw the x-rays i got huge fright, lucily it recovered fine and wasnt permanently damaged from how long it took to get to the doc hehehe
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

po10cy wrote:what happend was i done a backflit off a stand onto the floor, i landed on my feet but feel forward and my hand was slightly bent and i fell with my arm going forward into the stand, i split my arm in half, lengthways, from the right of my wrist down towards the left of my elbow, and not just that, but because of hte way it broke we all thought it was just bruised, so i still slept at my friends house and we went out he next day, just he next afternoon i went ot the doctor and when i saw the x-rays i got huge fright, lucily it recovered fine and wasnt permanently damaged from how long it took to get to the doc hehehe
Ohh ok, that's not good 8O

One of my friends kept trying to do a handstand and then he held it for a few secs but then just took his hands off the ground and went head first into it, don't think he does that anymore though :)

Glad you recovered fine :)
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

Thnx man, yup recoverd well and decided to stick to bodyboarding, atleast in that the water breaks your fall, and so does the reef wahahaha

But tricking is a very good clean sport to get involved in, your body gets conditioned well and trained well in that sport.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

po10cy wrote:Thnx man, yup recoverd well and decided to stick to bodyboarding, atleast in that the water breaks your fall, and so does the reef wahahaha

But tricking is a very good clean sport to get involved in, your body gets conditioned well and trained well in that sport.
I can't swim :oops: so anything in water is bad for me.

Ya tricking is really nice to do :) One bad thing though is that you need to be quite flexible for some of the stuff, meaning a lot of stretching. But I'm too lazy for that, only stretch before I trick, and that's only a few times a week.
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

I fractured my wrist on Monday, hehe. Fell of a tree. I was going up to the tree house after a LONG time. Then i noticed the wood was kind of rotten, so i decided to go down and i told my sister who was peeping out her bedroom window, "I really shouldn't be up here. This wood is wet and if it cra...*CRACK*. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.:lol:

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
simmy

Post by simmy »

WoolyBadBaba wrote:I fractured my wrist on Monday, hehe. Fell of a tree. I was going up to the tree house after a LONG time. Then i noticed the wood was kind of rotten, so i decided to go down and i told my sister who was peeping out her bedroom window, "I really shouldn't be up here. This wood is wet and if it cra...*CRACK*. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.:lol:
Lies! Wanted to get the old club members to join again, didnt you :whatthat:
Boksom-Bende :P
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

ROFL eish simmy wahahaha