Things that don't make sense...

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Things that don't make sense...

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

This thread is for ranting about those things you encounter, that just make no sense...

Case in point,

On Monday, there was a verocious thunder storm with heavy heavy rainfall and terrible winds all over Sandton, Midrand and Pretoria during my drive home. What's so weird about that? Well on Monday I spent the least amount of time travelling from work to home... just under an hour. And I wasn't speeding! For some reason, there were no hold ups in the traffic like there always are on sunny days... :?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Hmm.... suspicious.... very suspicious. :wink:
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Things that don't make sense......Lets see. Did you ever have a friend that was very close and dear to you. You would do anything to protect them but then you find out all along that you have been backstabed by that dear friend. What does not make sende to me is how can a person go to sleep at night knowing that they just did something like that :?:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

No I've thankfully never had friends who have betrayed me...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

it isnt a good feeling. i had a friend that did that to me and at the same time he stole R100 from me and i havent seen him since.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Ooof that is bad. That is exactly what I mean. Devious people :?:
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Yuna wrote:Ooof that is bad. That is exactly what I mean. Devious people :?:
You have any bad experiences lately?
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

No. Not realy I just thought that it could be described as something that does not make sense to me in away :?:
KristyLKM

Post by KristyLKM »

.... hmm well...

when u have a friendship with someone, and things are kewl.. then one day ... bam... conversation and contact just stops.... from both sides.... now that doesn't make sense
A maiden of the Order
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

That is confusing Kristy. Friends are like family in away. They should be suported and also support.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Humans are the most untrustworthy creatures in the universe. If you expect too much from people they allways dissapoint you. If you realise that people are fallable and you don't expect too much they often surprise you.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

I don't really trust anyone ....
jee

Post by jee »

Problem is that every person is unique and has a different perspective on things. That is why communication is so important and one should always ask the other person to explain themserlves. Often one finds that your friend has been hurt by something you did/is doing and just does not have the courage to tell you.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Good point Jee but if it was a real friend he/she would not waver to tell if something is bothering him/her. Like you said good communication is a nesesity.
KristyLKM

Post by KristyLKM »

aahh jee.... neva a wiser word said!

Welcome back by the way!
A maiden of the Order
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

the shampoo advert thread
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Bustingfreestyle

Post by Bustingfreestyle »

aah the one we call Jee. Never a wiser word spoken there girlfriend.....
The Way Is Shut, Now You Must DIE .....
NothingGained

Post by NothingGained »

I once had a friend that stole a whole box of wine fro my dads cellar.... at my fricken 21st party!! WTF...as if there wasn't enough free booze... i never found out who it was! Knobber!

Anyway...I think what onlyone's thread is about is weird stuff. Like weird things that happen to you... Like I've now dreamt many a time about the apocolypse...seeing a H-Bomb explode and the mushroom cloud going up into the air. The fear of knowing that you are gonna die soon. The thing that doesn't make the most sense to me is why we don't know why we are here on this little 'ol planet. NOw THAT doesn't make sense at all!
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Nothing that is a topic that can lead to many conclusions depending on a person's view on the subject. :wink:
Macphisto
Permanently Banned

Post by Macphisto »

jee wrote:
Problem is that every person is unique and has a different perspective on things. That is why communication is so important and one should always ask the other person to explain themserlves. Often one finds that your friend has been hurt by something you did/is doing and just does not have the courage to tell you.
Indeed that is very true jee. I sort of found out the hard way. Speaking to your friends and communication is the most important tool you can use to solve a problem that you might have with another person.

I found that my approach used to be ignoring the problem as I felt it was too much of a minor thing to bring up and that it would rectify itself. Bad mistake - my advice: Talk about it before the feelings get too tense.
Last edited by Macphisto on 11 Nov 2004, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
"He's got a big gold ring which says Jesus Saves
and it's dented from the punch thrown at work that day"
Bustingfreestyle

Post by Bustingfreestyle »

Anakha56 wrote:the shampoo advert thread
gotta agree with you there mate....
The Way Is Shut, Now You Must DIE .....
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

KristyLKM wrote: when u have a friendship with someone, and things are kewl.. then one day ... bam... conversation and contact just stops.... from both sides.... now that doesn't make sense
this actually happened to me recently. A very good friend of mine decided to get engaged to bigfoot's midget sister. This girl is just so messed up and a real b.... well you know. And all of a sudden we not talking anymore. Not because of anything that was said or done, just because she decides that all his mates are not good enough for him... freakin cow...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
SybAGreY

Post by SybAGreY »

I gave a guy R6000 as a deposit for a car about 4 months ago.
I haven't seen him, the money or the car since.
What doesn't make sense, is why the hell I gave R6000 cash to a complete friekin' stranger............. :?
Av & Sig compliments of, well, me!!!
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

SybAGreY have you done anything about the incident
told cops, private investigator??? :?:

That is a whole lot of cash you know 8O
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

wit_skapie wrote:I don't really trust anyone ....
I do the same wit_skapie, I have quite a few people who are my friends and I trust them all a little, but there's no one who I really trust s lot anymore, it's actually a quite sad.