You don't bring me flowers - Mourinho

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

You don't bring me flowers - Mourinho

Post by Tel »

Supersport wrote:You don't bring me flowers - Mourinho
Posted on 26 September 2004 - 15:46

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho launched a broadside at the British media on Sunday accusing them of disliking his side because of the millions spent on players by owner Roman Abramovich.

While he admitted he had made the right choice in coming to England after landing the Champions League trophy with FC Porto he decried the way Chelsea were attacked.

"I chose between England, Italy and Spain and think I made the right choice as I enjoy it here so much," said Mourinho, who has seen his side score just once in their last three Premiership matches but are nevertheless second in the Premiership.

"The thing I don't enjoy is the way the media talk about us. I feel as if the knives are being aimed in our direction while the flowers are in another," added the straight talking Portuguese, who accused Spurs of just coming to defend when they fought out a 0-0 draw last Sunday.

Mourinho refused to admit it was because the side weren't firing up front and instead put it down to envy of Abramovich's largesse.

"When I look at it, I'm sure it is to do with the money. Every opinion does not forget about the financial side of things," he said.

"People always talk about the amount of money players cost; this one cost that much, Mr Abramovich has spent this much. It's always about money.

"That is because Chelsea are the team that has spent so much in the last two years and the pressure is on."

Mourinho also claimed that there will be no room for sentiment when Chelsea meet his former side Porto on Wednesday in the Champions League.

"In football you have to be professional and forget these emotional links," he said.

"For me, it's just a match I want to win - simply because if we have six points from two games then we almost have both feet in the second round of the Champions League.

"There are a lot of players there who are my players but there are no friends in football during 90 minutes - I want to win, they want to win.

"It is just one more match, no more than that."

Chelsea opened their Champions League campaign with a 3-0 victory over Paris Saint Germain while Porto were held at home to a disappointing 0-0 draw by CSKA Moscow.
Shame, poor Mourinho. :cry:

Yeah right. Who cares!! :P He criticised Spurs for playing defensively, when just a few weeks ago he was playing exactly the same.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jedi_NAG_Bully

Post by Jedi_NAG_Bully »

Yet another reason I think this poser is a complete tosser, I have no respect for him, period!

I say bring back Ranerieri, man he was my favourite manger next to Fergie, with his broken english and unwavering optimissom!