New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Chromium

Post by Chromium »

So at least you too collect tazos.
"Life is but a tale by an idiot,full of sound and fury,signifying nothing" -Shakespeare
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

lol - not exactly but in a way yes, i think im about 40 tazos short of making a dual ball with them, 2 bad they stopped making the darn things :(
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I dont collect tazos...
But I throw and break them :twisted:
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

jee wrote:Actually SoulErazor, I have been nagging at Exclusive in the Pav - have picked up some nice stuff there... obviously the more we buy the more we get ...
Hmmm I will have to take a better look there today...
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Friggs wrote:I really enjoyed Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll. What else would you guys recomend tha's the same sort of style?
Friggs if U want NEmore Ninja sort of stuff I think U will enjoy Rurouni Kenshin & Samurai Deeper Kyo, both are very good. Also check Blood - The Last Vampire & Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust which is the sequel to Vamp Hunter D & I thought it was better than the first...
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
Redshift_6

Post by Redshift_6 »

I cannot fathom what you moan about. The price of Anime is considerably set. R200 will get you a single DVD from AnimeDirect. All of those DVD's are original. Boxsets are more expensive but the only big problem would be getting hold of it outside of johannesburg and pretoria. Please go to www.blackblade.za.net and go to the forums, and read a topic titled something along the lines of "local anime resellers". It has some pointers about what to avoid. Akin to DVD's for R40. AnimeWorx is cheaper but it is ILLEGAL. Those DVD's are not original and are ripped. Please got to www.animedirect.com (no, this is not a ad campaign for them, they just have the facts) and read about how to tell if it's illegal.
Fansubs are legal as long as the series is not licensed here. fansubs: anime(or any other medium) that is unmodified but subtitled by fans into their language of choice. A movie or episode is recorded and then subtitled independently of the studio that made it. NO money is made during, before or after this happens. It must be free in order to qualify as a fansub. It is usually distributed at LANs throughout South Africa.
Do not support piracy. The more support piracy recieves, the less there will be to enjoy.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

The only series I like is Love Hina.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

DJT wrote:The only series I like is Love Hina.
God yes, I laughed myself silly. It is awesome. There is soooo much more though, I heard Green Green is also very funny & might watch it today after I finish Pretear...
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

Love Hina and Green Green ...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...... loved it

Redshift_6 the thing we moan about is the fact that there are no serieses licensed in this country - yes R200 is not a lot of money, but R200 per DVD can become a lot of money for any standard sized series of lets say 26 episodes. Most anime dvds contain about 4 episodes so that leaves us with approximately 6 DVDs which is R1200. R200 may not be a lot , but R1200 is a lot of cash. What then if you simply loved a series like Rurouni Kenshin which was 95 episodes? Not only these things, but wouldn't you love too actually see anime on television? This will probably never happen here unless a series is licensed here. Just my 2 cents :)
System specs 2 LOW to qualify
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

nah U R quite right, I would also like to see stuff on tv but well we will have to wait I guess
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

Almost finished with the second episode of Wind - A breath of heart ... judging by the first episode , it looks quite promising although it is a bit short - its average length is 12 minutes and average size is about 80mb per episode , quality of the eps is okish

Wind - A Breath of Heart
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

cool, I just finished Pretear I think I want to watch something more lighthearted & funny so Green Green is next...
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

have you watched Onegai Teacher ?
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

not yet but I have it and the sequal onegai twins
Prime

Post by Prime »

Chromium wrote:I used to watch Pokemon.And collect the tazos
lol so did i and i still do.
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

geez, I just finished Green Green TV apart from being a little ecchi it is very funny... :D
simmy

Post by simmy »

I'm finish watching Guyver, snap , I didnt know he was so :twisted: ... good oldie tho...

Im busy with Wolf's Rain, good series, meaningfull, etc. Anyone seen it yet?
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

is it the one where japan is rebuilding after they were devastated in war and there are special police out to get rid of guerilla groups trying to bring the government down?
simmy

Post by simmy »

Kher-za wrote:is it the one where japan is rebuilding after they were devastated in war and there are special police out to get rid of guerilla groups trying to bring the government down?
erm..No :oops: but it sounds like a lot of old-jap anime, hehehe

It's about wolfs :wink:
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

simmy wrote:I'm finish watching Guyver, Im busy with Wolf's Rain, good series, meaningfull, etc. Anyone seen it yet?
Damn, I loved Guyver I only have 12 episodes & they are very bad quality but I love it that much i still watch them. I've seen "Wolfs Rain" quite a good series, Kiba is the best...
simmy

Post by simmy »

http://www.lomagazine.co.za/index.htm got their 4th Issue out :P

@SoulErazor: I think I got the same poor quality Guyver :oops:

Im busy watching Rah-Xephon....
Story is Gundam-Mecha-like, even a bit of Matrix theory, dont like the sub-title font(yeah who cares :o ), in the later eps the drawing quality looks like they use water paint (pastel colours)... I didnt like, but a good story tho
Prime

Post by Prime »

hi out of curiousity and several fights with friends would ne of u call pokemon anime

secondly where can i still buy pokemon cards from in jhb
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Pokemon is anime but it is really old I think the original series finished airing in Japan back in the late 80s also Dragonball (not to B confused with Dragonball Z) finished airing in the mid 70s
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

simmy wrote:I'm finish watching Guyver, snap , I didnt know he was so :twisted: ... good oldie tho...

Im busy with Wolf's Rain, good series, meaningfull, etc. Anyone seen it yet?
watched the first 10 eps, it really is good, very different from most other anime series i've seen.
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
simmy

Post by simmy »

Wolf's Rain? It is very different!

Im watching the best anime now, (after Dbz of-cos), Tenjou Tenge, its about high school/college students ....FIGHTING :twisted:

I got a what I would call a "real life anime" movie, Volcano High School