New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

I just wonder how many of the new serieses are going to get licensed in south africa. in fact almost all anime fansub are legal in this country since no western studio has a license for SA. In my opinion this is not cool since when we wanna buy DVDs we are either stuck with imported dvds (which cost a lot) or with companies like AnimeDirect who are cool, but DVDs dont always work

Anime Licensed in SA
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

axis_K wrote:I just wonder how many of the new serieses are going to get licensed in south africa.
NOT ENOUGH !!!! :twisted:
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

yip, its never enough, there will never be enough. just think of how wonderful it would be to walk into a video rental shop and rent some anime dvds :P
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

aaahhhh we can only dream
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I watched the Hellsing series, pretty nice and evil :twisted:
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

there is so much out there & unfortunately so little time (& HDD space) to watch it all...
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

I watched the Hellsing series, pretty nice and evil :twisted:
yeah hellsing was very nice, and yeah hdd space is always a problem, i have about
[19:14:50] <axisK> Folder Information: (Folder Name: G:\Multimedia\Anime\ ¤ Folder Size: 104.54GB ¤ Files In Folder: 781 ¤ Sub-Directories In Folder: 71)
^^^ thats my anime directory excluding any cds etc. (i have a few serieses on cd)
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

I got about 160gigs on HDD & a further 200gigs on CD so I'm gonna invest in another 200gig (bought already) & a DVD Dual Layer burner 8.5gigs storage is nice...
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I got about 160gigs on HDD & a further 200gigs on CD so I'm gonna invest in another 200gig (bought already) & a DVD Dual Layer burner 8.5gigs storage is nice...
8O
[19:14:50] <axisK> Folder Information: (Folder Name: G:\Multimedia\Anime\ ¤ Folder Size: 104.54GB ¤ Files In Folder: 781 ¤ Sub-Directories In Folder: 71)
8O

I only have 80GB!!!

But at least its all quility stuf :D
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

yeah unfortunately quality means more space, I might hit a terrabyte in a month or two, I already have 640gigs now so I hope to get more anime to fill it, I will prob get some more @ our next lan INSTANT LAN III... So more HDD space lost...
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I have two 160GB HD's and its full...

Where do you go to lan.(Name State eg. Cape Town)
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Durbs, my clan is hosting in October 8,9 & 10th
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

SoulErazor wrote:yeah unfortunately quality means more space, I might hit a terrabyte in a month or two, I already have 640gigs now so I hope to get more anime to fill it, I will prob get some more @ our next lan
I wish I had sone anime...

I've got a couple of DBGT episodes but that's not enough...
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

i wanna get me some hellsing, cowboy bebop, kenshin, love hina and flcl posters :) put up a HUGE Hellsing poster on my wall :twisted:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

If you need more hdd space to store all your anime, and you get more anime from LANs, doesn't that means it illegal?

Since I'm sure anime is copyrighted in the same way as everything else is.

So if thats what you guys are talking about now, ie the downloading of copyrighted anime, please stop :!: :evil:

On another note, I went to my local Cash Crusaders about a week ago and they had the whole Dragon Ball GT series there spanned over several DVDs, all in boxes and everything for R40 a DVD. I didn't get a look at it close up since they were behind a piece of glass so I'm not sure if they are original or fake.
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

Since I'm sure anime is copyrighted in the same way as everything else is
Ah, well made point, but Anime is quite the grey area in the law. A Western Studio (or Japanese for that matter) must license a series or movie in every country, my first post under this topic had an url of the licensed anime in sa in it. If you check there, you'll see that there are only a few serieses licensed. Copying\Downloading one of those serieses is illegal. All the other DVDs you see are imported wheteher it be by private people or by companies like AnimeDirect , the studio still does not hold any licensing rights in the country.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Ohh ok, well that sounds alright :)
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

I do own some original DVDs but most is from mates @ lans, importing for yourself is expensive unless you know where to look
jee

Post by jee »

Has Full Metal Panic been licensed?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

jee wrote:Has Full Metal Panic been licensed?
not in S.A i dont think.
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

SORRy if i'm intruding upon the topic, i watched Macross Zero this weekend and i had to pick my jaw up from off the ground. i'm pretty sure it's unlicensed but i have no idea how else i'd be able to watch it.

anyway...
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

it isn't liscensed yet, it is awesome though it is set before the events of Robotech cause they did it for the 20th anniversary of Robotech, there was talk of them (the producers) redoing the entire Robotech anime like Macross Zero with that combination of anime & CGI. If you enjoyed that then you will probably enjoy VanDread it is also an extremely cool anime. It is a sci/fi but has some good comedic moments as well...
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

VanDread rocks. i have the first 2 seasons. unfortunately the second season doesn't work on my pc...i can't run it anywhere...corrupted maybe. but the quality is great and i love the chix :lol:
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

that does sound a little weird...

try different players?
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

tried everything.

i found an avi.repair proggy on one of the pcformat cd's and i managed to regain 11 minutes of episode 203 (season 2 episode 3), after that everything else is fodder.

'gundam wing' is also ok'ish