New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
simmy

Post by simmy »

I love the whole mecha / drama / sci-fi / space / furturistic anime and also the old Japan / samuria / small sword vs big sword / odd humour / always losing ninja anime.

:oops:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

so you like just about all the anime there is :wink:
simmy

Post by simmy »

So many anime, soooo sloooow downlooooad rates :cry:

oh yes and the :idea: ...I got a 2 million powerlevel, im gonna hurt you now, but wont kill you so that you can come back a few eps later with a bigger powerlevel, then i'll go train with a master, preferably an old alien/man or a girl who I'll surpass in in next 2 eps, and a long journey!
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

AND the earth needs to be destroyed at least 3 times before i unleash my full powers to combat your supreme powers.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

sounds suspiciously like dragonball z/gt :D
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

ok I know we all knock it but it does have that certain something that grabs your attention, I mean whenever I watch an episode of GT at a lan it is amazing to look around & see just how many of the people who said that they don't watch it absolutely glued to the monitor & they don't even have sound... :twisted: Go figure :?:
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
jee

Post by jee »

Kher-za wrote:SORRy if i'm intruding upon the topic, i watched Macross Zero this weekend and i had to pick my jaw up from off the ground. i'm pretty sure it's unlicensed but i have no idea how else i'd be able to watch it.

anyway...
I have the manga for it :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

I didn't know that they made a manga for it...
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

DBZ.....

Do you people like Street fighter?
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
jee

Post by jee »

SoulErazor wrote:I didn't know that they made a manga for it...
Actually SoulErazor, I have been nagging at Exclusive in the Pav - have picked up some nice stuff there... obviously the more we buy the more we get ...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

Full Metal Panic has been licensed in the US and Macross Zero is as mentioned yet unlicensed (wtf?) - I'm still waiting for the fansubbed DVD-Rip of Macross Zero Episode 5 :( and it seems like I've been waiting forever, I've been checking for a torrent of Episode 5 since I got episode 4 which is quite a while ago. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

I want episode 4! :cry:

got the fansubbed less than a week ago including mac plus.
simmy

Post by simmy »

po10cy wrote:where do you guys get the episodes from??
You can buy here Anime Direct SA

Or... Im not sure if I can post Bittorrent sites/links(unlicensed), but will if I get a go ahead ... :wink: you can d/l

Or contact your nearest LAN, batteries not included! :o
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

SoulErazor wrote:ok I know we all knock it but it does have that certain something that grabs your attention, I mean whenever I watch an episode of GT at a lan it is amazing to look around & see just how many of the people who said that they don't watch it absolutely glued to the monitor & they don't even have sound... :twisted: Go figure :?:
whats wrong with it? first anime i saw and it got me hooked.
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
simmy

Post by simmy »

kailinin wrote:
SoulErazor wrote:ok I know we all knock it but it does have that certain something that grabs your attention, I mean whenever I watch an episode of GT at a lan it is amazing to look around & see just how many of the people who said that they don't watch it absolutely glued to the monitor & they don't even have sound... :twisted: Go figure :?:
whats wrong with it? first anime i saw and it got me hooked.
Agree :!:
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

Anyone that wants to check whether a series is licensed (only in the US though) can go check on http://www.animenfo.com most fansubbing groups stop subbing a series when it gets licensed by a western studio. animeNfo also has links to the different groups' pages or irc channels where unlicensed anime can be downloaded via whatever means (torrents, http or whatever)
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I love DBZ!!!!
Just saw it once and I loved it!!!
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

dbz was ok, just got a bit dragged out
still like it though

gt was a lot better
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I really enjoyed Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll. What else would you guys recomend tha's the same sort of style?
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

hmm, thats not really my style , but if you want a series you could try cowboy bebop (most people like it, just ask Psycho_Critter when he is here). I can't actually remember exactly what categories both of those fall under, ninja scroll was one of the first things i wacthed and vampire hunter d was also so long ago
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I only mention those two because that's about all i've seen! DBZ isn't really that appealing to me, seems to be one of the pop ones....
Chromium

Post by Chromium »

I used to watch Pokemon.And collect the tazos
"Life is but a tale by an idiot,full of sound and fury,signifying nothing" -Shakespeare
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

/me pukes repeatedly
Chromium

Post by Chromium »

Clean up
"Life is but a tale by an idiot,full of sound and fury,signifying nothing" -Shakespeare
axis_K

Post by axis_K »

i think i'll rather stick with my dbz tazos - at least i can build stuff with that