English Premiership Discussion

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

rand0mh3ro wrote:... Bring on Arsenal!
Which MU will lose too. :wink: :P
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Garret

Post by Garret »

I don't think so.

I quite enjoyed the chant of the crowd last night going - "You're not Chelsea anymore"
brabham

Post by brabham »

Timmeh. :?
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Tonight's game between Arsenal and ManU is for second place in the Premiership. My heart is with ManU. Let us true footballers not be dissapointed.

Chelsea are 10 points ahead of Arsenal and 11 clear of United, meaning the Blues can lose three of their remaining 14 league games and still claim their first league title in 50 years. Chelsea are also alive for three other titles - the League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

Five games on Tuesday and five more on Wednesday, with another full round scheduled for next weekend. Whoever looses games in this time will find it hard making up for the losses.

I have to applaude Chelsea and their Russian owner for their remarkable run this season. It proves IMO, what you can do to a team when top $$$ is invested.

S
brabham

Post by brabham »

1 day Wenger came to Manchester United's training and asked Ferguson
"How is it your players are so smart and mine are so stupid?"
SAF told him:
"Its simple,I ask them riddles once in a while to develop their thinking,Watch" and he called giggs and asked him:
"He is the son of your father but he isnt your brother"
"Its me" said giggs
Wenger was glad and went to try it
He called Henry and asked him the same riddle
Henry said:
"Its a hard 1,give me a day to think"
and Wenger agreed
Henry just couldnt find the answer so he called Pires and asked him
"Its me" said Pires
Glad for knowing the answer Henry came for tomorrow's training and told Wenger
"I have the answer,Its Pires"
"No you idiot"said Wenger"
"Its Giggs!!"

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

mwahaha
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Nice one brab, but at least Henry is one of the best thinkers on the pitch! :wink:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but it is definitly worth listening to.
Manchester Rules 3MB MP3 - sung to the tune of Eamon - I dont want you back.
Hella funny!

NOTE: The opinions expressed in this MP3 are not neccessarily shared by me!
brabham

Post by brabham »

Arsenal 2 - 4 Manchester United

Put up, or shut up.

Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Arsenal 2 - 4 Manchester United
now that, was fun to watch. :wink:
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Mental note: I WANT DSTV!!!

Man, reading the match report, I so would have liked to see this game. It was filled with tension, good football, and lots of goals (for the wrong team though).

I can't believe Arsenal thru away a 2-1 lead and then lost the match horribly 2-4!

Although, I have to admit that it seems MU did play some good football, especially one of my fav players, Christiano Ronaldo, bagging 2 goals for himself.
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

*clears throat* Now there's no complaining and excuses for Arsenal fans. They were clearly outplayed last night. If Man Utd can keep winning we'll see if Chelsea can handle the pressure.

Envi, why not just watch at sports bars?

I would really liked to have seen what happened between Keane and Viera in the tunnel before the game!
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

rand0mh3ro wrote:*clears throat* Now there's no complaining and excuses for Arsenal fans. They were clearly outplayed last night. If Man Utd can keep winning we'll see if Chelsea can handle the pressure.

Envi, why not just watch at sports bars?

I would really liked to have seen what happened between Keane and Viera in the tunnel before the game!
As you most likely know, I'm a huge Arsenal fan, but I'm a good sportsman and know when a team has been soundly beaten. Well done to MU.

As for the Sports Bars? I don't have buddies that enjoy sport as much a I do, so there's no point in going to a sports bar if you can't enjoy it with anybody.
simmy

Post by simmy »

/me "Puts up",... then "Shuts Up" *sigh*
Jedi_NAG_Bully

Post by Jedi_NAG_Bully »

*Staggers in Drunk singing GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED* Glad they showed the tunnel scenes before the match last night, let us now we were in for! Apparantly, well acroding to SKY Sports Viera was picking a fight With Gary Neville and Keane stepped in and said we sort it out on the pitch, also something about Viera supposedly being a nice guy! set it up quite well actually.

Both Teams really got stuck into each other, Referee Graham Poll handled the game exceptionally well, allowing Rooney to stay on after most refs would have given him his marching orders for Rooneys abusive langauge aimed at the linesman and at Poll himself, Silvestre's straight red was a dissapointment though, Ljundburg should have been cautioned as well, why put your face into somebodys head, that dont make sence to me..anyway more later I have to work today!
Garret

Post by Garret »

brilliant game.

It's such a shame about the Arsenal fans throwing things things at the MU players. In general the attitude of The Arsenal club as a whole stinks - the booing, etc...

Arsenal are a very good team but not as good as MU.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

An interesting weekend

Post by Tel »

Well, there were some interesting results this weekend.

Man U drew, while Arsenal beat Portsmouth to come within 2 points of Man U. Is there still a chance Arsenal can pip MU for 2nd position?

Everton lost against Blackburn, but they are still 8 points ahead of Liverpool and still looking good at keeping that Champions League spot. It will be weird to see Everton in the Champions League next season. I've always viewed them as a mediocre premiership team.
brabham

Post by brabham »

I remember Everton being one of the big five teams who were threatening the EFA about breaking away and joining a European league.

Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspurs
Everton

Those are the clubs. Of course Spurs and Everton have somewhat lost their status of late.

-end of history lesson-

Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

When was that brab? Must have been quite a while ago...
brabham

Post by brabham »

Yeah it was quite a while ago. I'm talking prior to the Premiership being formed. The clubs were unhappy with the amount of TV revenue they were getting and dwindling audiences. The FA decided to do something and thus we now have the Premiership and no more unhappy clubs. Or at least so they would like us to think.

lancelot

Post by lancelot »

We have a new scurrilous news rag in Cape Town called the Daily Voice. A headline on Thursday was "Moffie Hooker shot in the gat" I rushed to buy it thinking it was a story about Ruud van Nisselroy but was disappointed to find that it was Beckham. Oh well, next time maybe! :P
brabham

Post by brabham »

I was abducted by aliens last night and one of them stuck a probe up my willy do you think that paper will publish my story and how much will they pay me for it? ;)

lancelot

Post by lancelot »

A story like that would probably be sought after, of course it would have to be accompanied by a graphic. Worth around R100 per cm.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

well, well, WELL! Sir Alex said MU wouldn't be intimidated by Chelsea, but evidently...they were :) . Thanks to Chelsea beating them, Arsenal have now secured 2nd spot! w00t!

Congrats to Chelsea on setting the new record for scoring the most points ever in a premier league season, but they can still score more in their last game against Newcastle. Also they can set a new record of conceding the least amount of goals. They have only let in 14 and the current record stands at 16. I'm hoping they get it. It's always good to set records.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

MU played really ****, Chelsea took advantage with some super strikes, does not make up for the loss against Liverpool though!