BWM E60 M5

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Rau, now offense but almost every engine today has a "variable combustion system", in the form of variable valve timng,injector timing and ignition timing.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Yeah true but their traction contoll doesn't integrate into the systems. On an F1 the traction controll system makes the engine misfire when there is too much poewer going through.
Artagra
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Artagra »

Ruad - did you read my post?

Earlier you where saying how a BMW M5 is trash because it can't compare to a F360... as I pointed out, it's an unfair comparison. You don't reply whatsoever to my comments, or anyone else's comments, then you start posting that you would never by a BMW because they are bad value? Uhh, wheren't you the guy comparing a BMW to a Ferrari costing much, much more?

Artagra
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

The F1 traction controll doesn't make the misfire, the traction controll controlls the inlet of air and the amount of fuel injected by the injectors. Basically controlling the throttle, and then the power balance through the diff. And a formula 1 car can run without the traction controll cause it is only a software component in the engine management system. They only leave it switched on beacuse it is too difficult to handle the throttle well enough to keep them in a straight line, let alone fly around the corners like they do.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

no offence ruad, but i think the only way in which this discussion can progress is if you try and actually respond to what people are saying instead of coming up with new "attacks/defences" all the time.
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Hey everyone. I started this thread to get your input on the Car Torque episode on sunday, but somehow things have gone pear shaped.

I have not has time to post because i just confirmed that i will be moving to CT to start a new job. My current employers are riding my a$$ cause of this.

Anyhow, Raud, I am not disagreeing with you on the GT3. Its a great car. And like someone else said comparing a luxury saloon to a sports coupe is just unfair. The Modena will obviously have a better power to weight ratio than the M5. Remember the M5 weighs close to two tonnes. The Modena will be atleast 500kg lighter.

Now, someone wanted to know if the M5 powerplant doesnt have camshafts to control the valves. I cannot confirm anything at the moment. Most of the mamterial i have read on the V10 is sketchy. However i think the it uses camshafts. Having a pnuematic (sp) system would complicate things a little, especially in the durability area. This is just my deduction, it is by no means the truth.

Someone else criticised my definition of 'Super Car'. Now, i stand to be corrected, but it is my undertstanding that any car that can do 0 -100 in under 5 secs and is capable of doing speeds greater than 250km is in this league. Unless the ante has been upped and we are now only looking at vehicles that do the 0-100 dash in 4 secs or less...

Besides, the developers of the M5 know the cars its up against are formidable. So even if the E55 or RS6 have similar power to the M5, the guys at M will still be smiling because the M5 will still have better power to weight ratio then its rivals for reasons i have explained before.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.