Religion Fact or Fancy

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

this is a healthy discussion snail. why end it? you never know it could help someone someday.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Demoraliser wrote:Now, the conclusion that i have reached, is that religions were created to control human behavior. This makes sense to me because humans are inherently distructive creatures.
Just take a look around you and you will know. So where does God fit in this equation?
BUT HE IS NOTHING LIKE HE IS SAID TO BE IN RELIGION.
So if we were made in his image then he must also be destructive in nature and therefore nothing like the entity described by religion. That brings me back to a previous question in the moderator thread.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Yoda,
I don't know how you got from my statement about worship to it being ok to rape and pillage... please read the post to the end... :wink:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

rapists should be damned in this life and the next.
Last-Attacker

Post by Last-Attacker »

Kher-za wrote:rapists should be damned in this life and the next.
No, they are human just like us! We should forgive them! If we can't then let Jesus forgive him, because we are not the ones who should forgive but Jesus! Since we all sin, God has given us (through grace and love) forgiveness, and will continue to forgive us if and only if we forgive others who negatively affects us!
Anakha56 wrote:I still feel that the answer as to the free will question has not been answered properly, I mean why give us free will only to take it back with the commandments its contradiction. Also how could the creator create flawed beings? that makes no sense by saying we are flawed we are saying that God cannot create perfect beings so therefore he is imperfect. I think thats wrong we are perfect regardless of what we may do its not the physical thats perfect(and by physical i mean this world) its our spirits our souls that are perfect and our souls choose before we are born into the physical what to experiance so that we may learn how to become better physical beings.
Thats exactly what I wanted to say! Except of the part where our souls choose what to experiance. The thing is (to answer the other guys' questions) when we die, God gives us new bodies (ie. we come in heaven with our souls with a new image), our life-style, personality, etc. changes since sin cannot affect us there.
Demoraliser wrote:This is what i believe. If i burn in hell for thinking so, well so be it. In my opinion, i lead a decent life, i am no saint, but i am not the devil either.
Then you should change your way of thinking if that will take you to hell! ;)
Dakes wrote:What is a soul? Man does not have a soul. At no stage was he given a soul at creation. He became a living soul (Gen2:7, KJV). He was made out of the dust of the earth and received a life giving breath from G_d. The Scriptures clearly state that when a man dies hís breath of life (spirit) goes back to G_d and his body returns to dust. Thus, at death, there's no more man. He's certainly not in heaven or hell. Study the history of the 'ímmortal soul' theory. Satan lied to Eve ("Yea shall not surely die") and people still believe this lie today. In all pagan religions this is part of their belief.
Just wanna know why type "G_d", instead of "God"?
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

but rapist arent human so i don't believe they deserve anything.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Kher-za wrote:but rapist arent human so i don't believe they deserve anything.
And why aren't they human. They have all the charactars of a human: feet, eyes, nose, hair, independant thaught, scars from society oh yeah and a destrctive nature.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Kher-za wrote:but rapist arent human so i don't believe they deserve anything.
And why aren't they human. They have all the charactars of a human: feet, eyes, nose, hair, independant thaught, scars from society oh yeah and a destrctive nature.
so are vampires human to? :twisted: :P
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Basically I believe a Vampire to be the innermost and darkest desires and being of a homosapien (humans). You all just tend to suppress it all the time you don't even know it is there any more you deny your heritage.
Last-Attacker

Post by Last-Attacker »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Basically I believe a Vampire to be the innermost and darkest desires and being of a homosapien (humans). You all just tend to suppress it all the time you don't even know it is there any more you deny your heritage.
Thats why humans tend to do bad things, caus they follow their fleshly desires! And the desires of the flesh isn't always right! It usually tends to let you sin.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sin is a concept created by humans when they decided to deny their nature. Nothing more nothing less just a denial of service.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Sin is a concept created by humans when they decided to deny their nature. Nothing more nothing less just a denial of service.
human DoS attacks, thats aninteresting way of looking at things. :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Sin is a concept created by humans when they decided to deny their nature. Nothing more nothing less just a denial of service.
Couldnt have said it any better Raud. Sin&Evil are man made concepts to describe the *bad* things people do. Think about it who told you that murdering some is against the law? Society told you did you ever think once about whether it is or not; and for all you know the person who did it thought he was in the right. Hitler thought that by killing all the Jews was the right thing to do in life for his people; who said otherwise? the same people who went and killed his people. People have diffrent views on life and whats right and wrong the problem is when it really gets on someones nerves they have to force it apon the other till they make them see eye to eye. History is full of people dominating others because they are to insecure. If man could learn to co-exist the world would be a better place. If man could learn to listen to his commen sense and to think with an open mind then again the world would be a better place. The world is led by to many narrow mineded people who wish to enforce thier belief systems apon others.

My long pice of 2c no offense meant by it.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

what offence :wink:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Basically I believe a Vampire to be the innermost and darkest desires and being of a homosapien (humans). You all just tend to suppress it all the time you don't even know it is there any more you deny your heritage.
i'm not ignoring my nature at all, if it were in my power you would all be dead already.

:stern:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ok so ou don't deny it but you suppress it so that it does not come out and bite someone.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

Kher-za wrote:
i'm not ignoring my nature at all, if it were in my power you would all be dead already.

:stern:
@ ruad so you mean i'm an immortal bloodsucking vampire somewhere in here? :twisted:

@kher what happens in ruads case seen as he is an undead?
- Himura Battousai.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

my dark nature is already developing a personality of its own so i wouldn't go so far as to say that it's in check.

seeing as ruad is already dead he'll just become a demigod and carry on doing whatever it is he does :wink:
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

Kher-za wrote:my dark nature is already developing a personality of its own so i wouldn't go so far as to say that it's in check.

seeing as ruad is already dead he'll just become a demigod and carry on doing whatever it is he does :wink:
so does that mean death will rule supreme?
- Himura Battousai.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

oh yeah, i just had to post this!

This morning i was listening to Mark on 5fm when some women phoned in and started preaching to him because of his choice of words concerning religion. i got so pissed i changed the channel...i switched back a while later and she was still at it. even after mark explained what he meant and how he meant it she still went on saying that he was wrong. just like a good old church baby it sounded like she condemned him, i didn't listen to the whole thing cuz it just pissed me off. damn fools!
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

kailinin wrote:
Kher-za wrote:my dark nature is already developing a personality of its own so i wouldn't go so far as to say that it's in check.

death does rule in any case...no matter how you look at it. its sheer inevitability gives it power over all things, living or not because everything has to come to and end sooner or later.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

No what I am saying is that human nature is a Vampire that sucks at yourself. The problem is that society supresses that to it's own needs. Imagine where it will take you when there is no one telling you that you cannot go around and kill someone. If no one told you that or there were no thread by religion of you burning in hell or something then most of the world would be in chaos. Thus the need for religion. But then that also creates a problem since all religions aim at the same thing but they cannot accept each other and that once again just points out the nature of man. So we found a loop hole within the whole religious tebacle. Ppl believes in this stuff so blindly that they come to believe that they are the only ones that are right and anyone that does not believe in what they do or take their saviour as their own is an antichrist or something something (not that I am not aiming at christianity here I am speeking in general) has no right to live. This ticks me off seriously. They believe in the same things but they condemn each other for believing in what they feel is right. So you see the true nature within us cannot be rooted out. It is there wether you like it or not. It is part of you no matter what you do. We are all a sacriledge to ourselves.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

so seeing as somewhere along the line it was decided that i was death does that mean i rule supreme? :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Kher-za wrote:
kailinin wrote:

death does rule in any case...no matter how you look at it. its sheer inevitability gives it power over all things, living or not because everything has to come to and end sooner or later.
He is right you know.
Kahlil Gibran wrote:The purpose of everything is to die
I couldn't have said it better than Mr Gibran.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

kailinin wrote:so seeing as somewhere along the line it was decided that i was death does that mean i rule supreme? :twisted:
No wether you are death or not you are still human and that makes you suceptable to death. You will be overcome by death unless you embrace it.