Religion Fact or Fancy

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:No what I am saying is that human nature is a Vampire that sucks at yourself. The problem is that society supresses that to it's own needs. Imagine where it will take you when there is no one telling you that you cannot go around and kill someone. If no one told you that or there were no thread by religion of you burning in hell or something then most of the world would be in chaos. Thus the need for religion. But then that also creates a problem since all religions aim at the same thing but they cannot accept each other and that once again just points out the nature of man. So we found a loop hole within the whole religious tebacle. Ppl believes in this stuff so blindly that they come to believe that they are the only ones that are right and anyone that does not believe in what they do or take their saviour as their own is an antichrist or something something (not that I am not aiming at christianity here I am speeking in general) has no right to live. This ticks me off seriously. They believe in the same things but they condemn each other for believing in what they feel is right. So you see the true nature within us cannot be rooted out. It is there wether you like it or not. It is part of you no matter what you do. We are all a sacriledge to ourselves.
my thoughts exactly.

i think religions is to keep all the wars and deaths from happening at once, it kinda slows the process of elimination down :twisted:

but seriously, anarchy would be so much simpler.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
kailinin wrote:so seeing as somewhere along the line it was decided that i was death does that mean i rule supreme? :twisted:
No wether you are death or not you are still human and that makes you suceptable to death. You will be overcome by death unless you embrace it.
who said i was human? :P
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

Kher-za wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:No what I am saying is that human nature is a Vampire that sucks at yourself. The problem is that society supresses that to it's own needs. Imagine where it will take you when there is no one telling you that you cannot go around and kill someone. If no one told you that or there were no thread by religion of you burning in hell or something then most of the world would be in chaos. Thus the need for religion. But then that also creates a problem since all religions aim at the same thing but they cannot accept each other and that once again just points out the nature of man. So we found a loop hole within the whole religious tebacle. Ppl believes in this stuff so blindly that they come to believe that they are the only ones that are right and anyone that does not believe in what they do or take their saviour as their own is an antichrist or something something (not that I am not aiming at christianity here I am speeking in general) has no right to live. This ticks me off seriously. They believe in the same things but they condemn each other for believing in what they feel is right. So you see the true nature within us cannot be rooted out. It is there wether you like it or not. It is part of you no matter what you do. We are all a sacriledge to ourselves.
my thoughts exactly.

i think religions is to keep all the wars and deaths from happening at once, it kinda slows the process of elimination down :twisted:

but seriously, anarchy would be so much simpler.
care to test that theory out kher? :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

kailinin wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:
kailinin wrote:so seeing as somewhere along the line it was decided that i was death does that mean i rule supreme? :twisted:
No wether you are death or not you are still human and that makes you suceptable to death. You will be overcome by death unless you embrace it.
Good one. You someone I should know. Someone I might have turned a couple of hundred years back perhaps?
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
kailinin wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Good one. You someone I should know. Someone I might have turned a couple of hundred years back perhaps?
could be, how would you find out? :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well I would have to bite you again and see if it tastes familiar.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Well I would have to bite you again and see if it tastes familiar.
'spose that could work, but you'de have to find me first.
:D
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

come to think of it how could i have been bitten by you and turned, and be death? :?

how can death be a vamp?
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

well let's look at it this way.....

1. A Vampire is immortal thus he is death
2. A Vampire is already dead thus he is death
3. A Vampire takes the lives of those that live thus he is death
4. A Vampire can give life to those who are dead thus he is death
HarryPutter

Post by HarryPutter »

Only one thing though - Vampires do not exist.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Or so you want to believe
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Ruad...do u tink he's on your trail?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I don't leave a trail
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

there's only one flaw in your explanation, vampires can be touched, death is ethereal. :P :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

It is metaphorical
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

oh so vampires evolve into an ethereal being :P

thats means i'm one step above you on the evolutionary scale :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
Last-Attacker

Post by Last-Attacker »

HarryPutter wrote:Only one thing though - Vampires do not exist.
RuadRauFlessa wrote:Or so you want to believe
Have you ever seen one? According to the "legends" vampires are physical beings with extraordanary powers. Have you ever seen any people with such characteristics? Vampires are only made up stories from who knows when and you claim that they are real.
RuadRauFlessa wrote:well let's look at it this way.....

1. A Vampire is immortal thus he is death
2. A Vampire is already dead thus he is death
3. A Vampire takes the lives of those that live thus he is death
4. A Vampire can give life to those who are dead thus he is death
In stories maybe! If a vampire is immortal, shouldn't it be eternal life instead of death? If it's dead, how can it be death itself? If a vampire is death by taking lives, what are killers, murderers, etc? How can something that is dead, give life? Dude, your logic doesn't make sence!

What do you believe will happen to you when you die? (Definately not turn into a vampire! :lol: )
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

no man this is a ploy.

oh and by the way a vampir has the choice wether to turn someone or to just leave them dead and in that sence they do give life but a distorted one. And yeah I see a vampire in every human being on the face of this planet. Being dead you are consumed by death thus becoming part thereof. Killers, murdrers, exactly my point man everyone has a vampire in them.

A person, such as an extortionist, who preys upon others

point proven right there. You see everyone preys upon someone else like a leach. Draining that person dry from life.

Oh and all legends are based on fact not fiction.
Last-Attacker

Post by Last-Attacker »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:no man this is a ploy.

oh and by the way a vampir has the choice wether to turn someone or to just leave them dead and in that sence they do give life but a distorted one. And yeah I see a vampire in every human being on the face of this planet. Being dead you are consumed by death thus becoming part thereof. Killers, murdrers, exactly my point man everyone has a vampire in them.

A person, such as an extortionist, who preys upon others

point proven right there. You see everyone preys upon someone else like a leach. Draining that person dry from life.

Oh and all legends are based on fact not fiction.
Oh, ok!

I see your point.
You see everyone preys upon someone else like a leach.
Everyone? Including you?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

everyone and everything as a matter of fact. And yes that includes me.

Go talk to Jung and you will find out how important relationships are to our survival. People use each other cuz they would go mad, insane and generally just depro without contact from other things. Imagine if you sit in the same room day in and day out without anything to do but stare at a perfectly dull and blank wall. You would go insane after a while. Also there is the issue of energy transitions. Energy does not just stay on one spot it moves around and through everything. So say you sit next to someone you might indeed pick up some of the energy radiating from that person. So in fact you are "stealing" their energy thus sucking them dry. Although everything in nature tends to keep a balance so you would take up some and that person would in return get some from something or someone else to equeal out the equation again.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

or you can get someone to balance it out for you.
- Himura Battousai.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Yeah well whatever /me not in a verry good mood today.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

why not? couldnt you find a victim last night? :twisted:
- Himura Battousai.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

what is the relationship between technology and religion?

today i'm a curious_squid, (can i be a pubic knight :roll: ) and i'm wondering what your opinions are.

personally i feel that i'm losing touch with myself. i've compared two people against each other, the one is an engineer and the other is an artist, the first difference i notice is in the lifestyle and they way they react to certain things in life. while the artist shows great insight into life and self awareness, the engineer has a greater understanding of technical details. both of these types have shortcomings. i haven't met anyone yet with both these qualities, both artistic and shoes great insight into technical data.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i'm dumb when it comes to putting these things into words :)