am i the only person still stuck at work at this time.....

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Grumpy

am i the only person still stuck at work at this time.....

Post by Grumpy »

8O whaaaat ??? am i the only person still stuck at work at this time of night?????
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Why you still at work so late? 8O
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

shame I feel for you....not :lol: :lol:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

8O busy with security compliance project ........ pain in the backside and way to many hours spent at work :( no life ...... but that will teach me to study IT .... brightspark i was .... yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

security compliance my bottom we call it the f&$%ng auditers .
enable password history thei say increase password length to 8 characters thei say , i say scr#w you but nooo do we listen to the administrator no we don't . we have 95/98 pc's on a 2003 domain and retards for users .

sorry i think you are right we need sleep .

-Some times you have to leave your corner of the forest to meet new people Whinnie the poo
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

8O /me hands freakno1 coffee and some of his prozac ..... looks like you need this as much as i do ......... :twisted:
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

You guys been at work from yesterday?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

fortuanatly not .... i did do the closes eyes and have nightmares about evil auditors thing for a few hours 8O
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Cool...

And how's the project going?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

:? you will have to ask the bosses ..... cause they have got me so confused i don't know whether i am coming or going .... i can bearly decide :oops:
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Hey Freakno 1, it sounds like you really don't like auditors. Careful, 'cause I'm one!

Most people really hate us! But not all of us are that bad. Some of the people in my office are really assholes, but on the other hand, a lot of them are really nice.

As for working late, I never really do. I've only really worked late once; till about 10:30. Unfortunately, I can only post at work, no net at home. But hoping to get connected soon.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

ok, i'm probably asking a really stupid question, but what is an auditor?

(guessing this aint a tax auditor)
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

titan that is people some people are nice some assholes . auditors are people but the ***** you guys come up with are beyond me . and i know how grumpy feels , we have to do hours and hours of extra work on top of our work load just because you want certain policies in place that is unrealistic and unnessacery .

-Some times you have to leave your corner of the forest to meet new people Whinnie the poo
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

it is not the auditers ..... it is what they do to you .... and the amount of work in a security compliance project that gets you ..... and then even after all that work .... they give you a audit coment about something so insignificant ..... and that is why they are not liked 8O
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

no tax auditors exept for it and thei are just as relentless thei spend hours and hours coming up with new longer ways to do exactly the same thing

In the beginning was the Plan.
And then came the Assumptions.
And the Assumptions were without form.
And the Plan was without substance.
And darkness was upon the face of the Workers. And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of *****, and it stinks."
And the Workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and we can't live with the smell."
And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it." And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."
And the Directors spoke among themselves, saying to one another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."
And the Directors went to the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth, and it is very powerful."
And the Vice Presidents went to the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company with very powerful effects."
And the President looked upon the Plan and saw that it was good.
And the Plan became Policy.
And this is how ***** happens.

freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

for example if i make a change on the network my supervisour has to watch me do it and then his boss has to check it to make sure it was done right

Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Hey Freakno, "The Plan" is pretty funny. Funny, but very true!

I can understand why no one likes us. All people think of us is that we only give them twice as much work on top of their existing jobs. If I weren't an auditor, I'd hate me too. But people forget that we are also just people doing our jobs.

I can understand what you're saying about policies and all that other stuff, but don't me (or any other auditor). Blame the individuals who think up this stuff.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

:lol: so nice to see every one playing nicely :twisted:
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

:twisted: And now .... for a word from our sponcers (feel free to insert cheezy advert here)

8O And now back to our regular insanity .......
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Tried to think of some cheezy advert, but couldn't. Doesn't someone know of one?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

it was a trick situation ..... all adverts are cheezy to some extent or the other :twisted:
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Well, that damn internet advert about the two black ladies saying "serious" really takes the cake. I HATE IT!!!

And that advert about Dros "you can't get too much of a good thing". AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

8O ....... see what i mean .... we are surrounded by insanity ....... and ppl still expect us to turn out normal well adjusted ppl ....... :twisted:
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

and here we go again ...... looks like it is going to be another damned long night 8O
jee

Post by jee »

Aww sjame, poor Grumps!
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.