Piracy in general

Discussion of piracy-related topics go in here. Please read the rules of this section first.
Forum rules
Please read the piracy section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.
Pure_Acid

Post by Pure_Acid »

What is the Rulz concering ava and sigs ... sizes..
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Well, your AV must be 120x160 pixels or less and not more than 16kb. Sigs (to my knowledge) aren't really limited but don't make it to big or flashy.

But read HERE just so you know what you can and can't do!
Pure_Acid

Post by Pure_Acid »

Whell thank for all the help dude. I read through cameron ruls and it looks very acceptable.
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Hi Pure glad you could join us :wink:

Here goes. Piracy is hurting the gaming industry. Remember the producers and manufacturers of top games need money to keep producing the high quality games they keep us gamers satisfied with. Where do they get there money from us so if we support the piraters most probably the quality of the games will go down. So indirectly we determine the quality of games bieng manufactured :D
Pure_Acid

Post by Pure_Acid »

Very true, for example HL2 is going to me a very big success and will be of the highes quality ever made. It scored 96 in Pc Gamer. That is the highest score a game has ever got on that mag. So surely we must support the game and buy it. *of course if you like fps*. But yet i am already hearing of people here in Richards Bay playing the pirated version that does not even need online authentication, because it was cracked...

We bottom gamers will suffer in the future when piracy gets to big so will the movie and music industry ...
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

People should stop and think about their actions before they act. It can have a huge effect on the gaming economy if pirating continues on its headed path. Many smaller companies will have to close down because of lack of usable funds and the quality of gaming in general will take a dip. All the gamers across the worls will be influenced by it. All the gamers should stick together and fight pirating :D
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Yarrrrrrr..............

Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Yarrr back to you skapie :lol:. Are you a pirate from the 7 seas :lol: :D
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Yarrr little lady.... yarrr!
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Moet my net nie vang en ontvoer nie. :lol:
Pure_Acid

Post by Pure_Acid »

Hey playing pirates in this thread is illegal. So i will have to capture Yuna and take her to a secluded Island .
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

:lol: :lol:. Yip it is ilegal. Sorry guys back to topic :wink:. Hi pure :D
Pure_Acid

Post by Pure_Acid »

Hi there yuna ....

Lets state this. If someone comes up to you with a new game like lets say Half Life 2 and you know it is pirated. What would you do take it from him and pay like R50 or will you buy the original ...
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Yarrr!!!!! Buy the original..... Yarrr.....

Macphisto
Permanently Banned

Post by Macphisto »

Lets state this. If someone comes up to you with a new game like lets say Half Life 2 and you know it is pirated. What would you do take it from him and pay like R50 or will you buy the original ...
Buy it and break in front of the oke, then go buy the original. Suffer for the cause, be pofound in your actions!!!
"He's got a big gold ring which says Jesus Saves
and it's dented from the punch thrown at work that day"
Recato

Piratted stuff

Post by Recato »

Sorry for been a nuincance. Saw I can get points for all my messages...

I personnaly dont buy the *****. Gaming, shoes, clothes and if count Vanilla Coke as an imitation. It last you only for a couple of weeks and just makes you feel ****** about yourself.

But the real thing. Even if it is R5000 you get quality and you know something that will last a very long time.
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

Well if I buy it I support piracy and in that way contribute to the spiraling down of game quality and inovasion. So I will report in to the proper autorities :D
NothingGained

Post by NothingGained »

hehehe...all you people are not being honest... hypocrites!! ;) :P
jee

Post by jee »

You one of them, Mr Gained? *g*
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
NothingGained

Post by NothingGained »

uhh ... no.. because i won't go on here and say that piracy is bad when I'm obviously guilty of it! hehehe... :)
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

I think every1 is guilty of piracy once or twice before I know that I've gotten a game form a lan played it, didn't like it & was glad I didn't fork out R300 bucks for something I didn't enjoy, alternatively I've also gotten something from a lan played it 6 times over cause I loved it so much & am now proud to be the owner of the original, sometimes a demo just doesn't give you a good indication of what a game is like...
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
Decembermaloy

Post by Decembermaloy »

Piracy is now getting more dangerous to pursue due to the fact that how do you know what's a trojan and what's not?
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

nothing gained...spoken truthfully... good on you mate. I dare anyone here to raise their hand if they have never pirated... come on, I double dare you!

We all be pirates here mateys, so lets just get off our high horses, and and face facts, then maybe we can start changing... after all, identifying the problem is the first step to solving it.

amen
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

GreyWolf wrote:nothing gained...spoken truthfully... good on you mate. I dare anyone here to raise their hand if they have never pirated... come on, I double dare you!

We all be pirates here mateys, so lets just get off our high horses, and and face facts, then maybe we can start changing... after all, identifying the problem is the first step to solving it.

amen
Gotta agree with this
The1ONE

Post by The1ONE »

GreyWolf wrote:nothing gained...spoken truthfully... good on you mate. I dare anyone here to raise their hand if they have never pirated... come on, I double dare you!

amen
I agree too, Im well on my way to being a landlubber, Really!!!!