English Summer Transfers

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
brabham

Post by brabham »

Owen is lame! He was lame at Liverpuke, he is lame for England and he will be lame at Real Madrid. Nuff Sed!

All he has is pace and defenders (good ones) know how to deal with that. He cant dribble, he cant finish from anywhere outside of the six yard box and he is too short to be a threat in the air. The clincher for me though is that he hasn't improved since he first came on the scene. Season in and season out he hasn't learnt anything new. Even playing for England when last has he had a good game. His time is up and he gets marked out of games so often its not funny. Liverpuke actually did good on getting the money for him out of los galacticos.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Jedi_NAG_Bully

Post by Jedi_NAG_Bully »

Gandalf171 wrote:morning Jedi, good to see the bully back.
Morning to you to bro!
Brabham wrote:Owen is lame! He was lame at Liverpuke, he is lame for England and he will be lame at Real Madrid. Nuff Sed!

All he has is pace and defenders (good ones) know how to deal with that. He cant dribble, he cant finish from anywhere outside of the six yard box and he is too short to be a threat in the air. The clincher for me though is that he hasn't improved since he first came on the scene. Season in and season out he hasn't learnt anything new. Even playing for England when last has he had a good game. His time is up and he gets marked out of games so often its not funny. Liverpuke actually did good on getting the money for him out of los galacticos.
Dont discount is a bad player, Owen is still a world class player in his own right, my confusion rises from the fact that there were other form strikers around at the time, why not go for one of those!
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

Envinyatar wrote:
Envinyatar wrote:I have to agree with you Zaa. Out of all the strike force at Real Madrid Owen, will be last choice. Don't be surprised if Owen gets loaned out next season.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. Read the words carefully. How many games has Owen played?...It looks like Zaa and I were the only ones that predicted this correctly.

And I still believe that Owen will be last choice throughout the season. I read somewhere that he is actually debating going back to the English Premier League.
Real Madrid Appearances:

Raul 5 (0)
Ronaldo 6(0)
M Owen 3(2)
F Morientes 0(6)

I think its unfair to judge Owen so early especially after the start that Madrid has made.

Madrid have played 8 games and lost 4. Nobody is playing well. Rather judge him during his second season.

Out of the 4 strikers the most likely to leave is Morientes(the forgotten one).

Real Madrids problem is that they have a bunch of overated players comming to the end of there careers.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

:oops: I must seriously check my facts before posting.

Owen is in fact playing regularly for Real. And I agree with you newton. Some of the players there are definitely over rated and aging a bit.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
brabham

Post by brabham »

In fact your facts are right Envin. Owen has only played 3 times and twice was as a sub late in the game. The one game he started he got pulled off after 51mins. 'Supposedly' with an injury though he will probably play for England on Saturday.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

brabham wrote:In fact your facts are right Envin. Owen has only played 3 times and twice was as a sub late in the game. The one game he started he got pulled off after 51mins. 'Supposedly' with an injury though he will probably play for England on Saturday.
In the first game of the Spanish league he came on as a sub after 20 minutes i think for Raul who got injured and set up Ronaldo's goal?
brabham

Post by brabham »

You are absolutely correct! My bad. I remember watching that game.

I feel that I should point out that he still hasn't scored btw. :wink:

Mekker

Post by Mekker »

brabham wrote:Owen is lame! He was lame at Liverpuke, he is lame for England and he will be lame at Real Madrid. Nuff Sed!

someone needs a chill pill!
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Speakers, mouse, keyboard.
Image Image
brabham

Post by brabham »

/me points at Mekker

Take the red pill. Please take the red one!

Mekker

Post by Mekker »

LOL@ Brab

boetie, ask Rio watter pille drink sy?
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Speakers, mouse, keyboard.
Image Image
brabham

Post by brabham »

LOL! Rio takes pills for his Alzheimers. :wink:

newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

brabham wrote:LOL! Rio takes pills for his Alzheimers. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Well, Owen eventually scored for Real last night in the Champion's League. He has said that is feeling a lot happier where he is now after scoring for England and now for Real.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson