English Summer Transfers

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

English Summer Transfers

Post by Tel »

Right lets get this sport Section off to a flying start!

Ref: PremierLeague.com

There have been quite a few moves, but some of the interesting ones are...

ARSENAL
Out: Nwankwo Kanu, Rami Shaaban, Sylvain Wiltord.

BIRMINGHAM CITY
In: Emile Heskey (Liverpool, £6.25million), Mario Melchiot (free, released by Chelsea), Jesper Gronkjaer (Chelsea, £2.2million)

BLACKBURN ROVER
In: Paul Dickov (Leicester City, £150,000), Javier de Pedro (out of contract, Real Sociedad), Dominic Matteo (Leeds United, free)

CHELSEA
In: Arjen Robben (PSV Eindhoven, £12million), Petr Cech (Stade Rennais, £7million)
Out: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Marcel Desailly, Winston Bogarde, Mario Melchiot, Emmanuel Petit (all released)

LIVERPOOL
In: Djibril Cisse (AJ Auxerre, £14million)
Out: Emile Heskey (Birmingham, £6.25million)

MANCHESTER UNITED
In: Alan Smith (Leeds, £7million), Gabriel Ivan Heinze (Paris St Germain, £5.75m), Liam Miller (Celtic, undisclosed), Gerard Pique (Barcelona, free), Giuseppe Rossi (Parma, undisclosed)

MIDDLESBROUGH
In: Gaizka Mendieta (Lazio, free from loan), Michael Reiziger (Barcelona, out of contract), Mark Viduka (Leeds, £4.5million)

NEWCASTLE UNITED
In: James Milner (Leeds United, £5million)

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
In: Paul Robinson (Leeds, £2million)
Out: Darren Anderton, Gustavo Poyet, Christian Ziege (Borussia Moenchengladbach, free)

All the Leeds United moves were inevitable as they did get relegated last season, and they really need the cash. My most interesting ones are; those Chelski outs, Kanu and Wiltord from Arsenal, Heskey to Birmingham, Spurs outs and de Pedro in to Blackburn.

This time is Nigh. Season 2004/2005 is upon us.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Thanks for that Envi, any idea where Petit is going, I have always liked his style?
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I haven't read where he's going yet. I didn't like him from the start though. Even when he was at Arsenal.
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

hope cisse will make a difference at Merseyside.

been too long since L'pools last league win

YNWA
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Speakers, mouse, keyboard.
Image Image
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Welcome to the forums mekker.

In a way I hope 'pool do well too, but not too well! :wink: Of course we want The Gunners to win.
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

you guys did extremely well last season, really was pleased with the gunners performance.

hopefully l'pool can do just as well, don't think they can go unbeaten.

at least the damn mancs got nothing except FA cup
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Image Image
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

Liverpool sold Heskey ,and now go and buy the French version of Heskey for a clud record fee....Houllier's spirit is still there!
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Hehe, the most interesting thing for me here is Birmingham, damn do they buy all the club rejects? :lol:

Wonder whether they can pose a title challenge now :?: :D

As for Chelsea, they've let all their experience go in the wink of an eye! Whats up with that, the team is nothing if they ain't got old gunners to hold em down in tough times!

Sad to see Nwankwo leave, he was something like an Arsenal stalwart! :roll:

Bound to be a great season!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

The stories about Viera's move to Real Madrid are now too strong to ignore, I don't think it will be a good move though! The new Spanish manager at Liverpool will be introducing Spanish lessons for the few English players who will remain!
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

United's signings off Pique and Rossi are great FUTURE signings imo.These kids are probably some of the best Europe has to offer and i really like what Sir Alex is doing .Dunno about Smith tho....not a fan of him.Heinze seems like a rock from what i've seen of him ,and also Liam Miller-regarded as the next Roy Keane in Ireland.And obviously with Rio coming back into things ,i can see united pushing for honors once again.We maybe just need 1 more creative midfielder.
Zaa

Post by Zaa »

BTW all u ARS fans ,when Viera leaves for sunny Madrid ....you could always have Nicky Butt for a steal at 5 million pounds...i mean we are talking about an England International here :wink: :wink:
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Zaa wrote:BTW all u ARS fans ,when Viera leaves for sunny Madrid ....you could always have Nicky Butt for a steal at 5 million pounds...i mean we are talking about an England International here :wink: :wink:
:lol: I will not be surprised if Wenger does buy him. :wink: Knowing Wenger though, if Vieira does go then it will be rotation between Parlour, Edu and Gilberto in the centre, and the 4th guy will be a youngster getting experience.
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

Zaa wrote:Liverpool sold Heskey ,and now go and buy the French version of Heskey for a clud record fee....Houllier's spirit is still there!
two totally different players, fool.

looks like another manc supporter who can't even name the Man ure starting XI

LOL :P
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Image Image
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

Zaa wrote:United's signings off Pique and Rossi are great FUTURE signings imo.These kids are probably some of the best Europe has to offer and i really like what Sir Alex is doing .Dunno about Smith tho....not a fan of him.Heinze seems like a rock from what i've seen of him ,and also Liam Miller-regarded as the next Roy Keane in Ireland.And obviously with Rio coming back into things ,i can see united pushing for honors once again.We maybe just need 1 more creative midfielder.
now maybe there will be place for 1 english player, seeing that Butt is so damn useless, only scholes is left.

As for ten rand (Rio) Ferdinand, totally overrated, just like C. Ronaldo, who surely will be lynched in portugal if he decides to return
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Image Image
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Mekker wrote:...

As for ten rand (Rio) Ferdinand, totally overrated, just like C. Ronaldo, who surely will be lynched in portugal if he decides to return
I have to disagree with you there mekker. C.Ronaldo is awesome. he impresses me everytime I watch him play.
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

Envinyatar wrote:
Mekker wrote:...

I have to disagree with you there mekker. C.Ronaldo is awesome. he impresses me everytime I watch him play.
Envinyatar - i think he cost them the Euro Cup. he missed two certain goals. you can have all the skill in the world, at the end of the day it's the ball in the back of the net that counts.

btw, did you see my post on arsenal
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Image Image
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

yes I did see the post. And no offence, but it'd going to take a few seasons for Liverpool to get back to the top.

I hope Liverpool do well, as long as it isn't ManU. (sorry brabham :wink: )
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Some interesting transfers for the english premier league...

:: Ray Parlour has left Arsenal for Middlesborough! :cry:
:: Bolton signed some old boys, Gary Speed and Fernando Hierro
:: Chelsea spending ever more Arjen Robben, Mateja Kexman and Didier Drogba

I'll say it again, there are some very interesting transfers this season.
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

Newcastle also made a few nice transfers, Patrick Kluivert and Nicky Butt. They also interested in Migual from Benifica.

What do you say about Patrick Viera going to Real?
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

:oops: I forgot about that! thx for reminding me.

I think they have really bolstered their team with those 2 signings. Kluivert is so much better than that w***er Craig Bellamy. And I've always rated Nicky Butt. A good defensive midfielder.
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

Both these players are coming from sides where they never got games, so for Newcastle's sake hope they find there form.

They also signed James Milner from leed's and saw him score a good goal on tv last night.

Pele described Nicky Butt as the best player at the 2002 Soccer World Cup. Sad to see him leave ManUtd but it was time to move on for him.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Don't tell me you're also a manc newton! :wink: :P :lol:

Does nobody other than lancelot and I support Arsenal?!??!

:baa:

Oh, by the way. Welcome to the PCF Forums!!!

:whaasup:
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

Yep i am, my nickname says it all. ManUtd's name before they became known as ManUtd.

Thanx for the welcome.

So what do you say abt all the Viera rumors?
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I thought I had seen that name somewhere before hehe.

Vieira? ho hum :sleepy: I'm just taking it as it comes. It will be a big loss if he goes, but I feel that Arsenal will do fine without him. Also if he decides to go, he will not be appreciated by us Gooners. Well that's what I think anyway.
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

If he does go, Maniche is being lined up as a possible replacement, or that is what his agent has said.

Arsenal signed a player by the name Flamini. Is he a definsive midfielder or attacking midfielder?