Top Gear

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Screeper

Top Gear

Post by Screeper »

Just watched the 1st episode of the new BBC Top Gear.
Brilliant show, wow.

New aston martin DB9 /me drools

Comparing Top gear with our locally produced motoring show Top Car the difference is mind boggling.
Top Car is pathetic, they always seem that they just read the brochure on the car and then repeat it to us the audience.
They have got better over the years, because at first they never ever said a bad word about a car but now at least they do bring up the odd problem but only in a nice way.
BBC Top car on the other hand is so cut throat, plus their diction and knowledge of vehicles in general is just amazing.

Anyway my rant it over :D but if you can, i really recommend you watch Top Gear every wed at 9:30pm on BBC World, it really makes our local show pale into insignificance.
Plus they have access to much more exotic machinery so the cars they review are incredible.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Sounds good, must remember to watch! Thanks!
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

cool man, will watch it - i got a video clip a while back of Tiff from Top Gear driving the (then) new 911 Turbo - that oke is C R A Z Y...

cool show though...
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Stig
Registered Muppet

Post by Stig »

I watch the last season and every time i see top car on i think damb when is top gear coming back.
THAT IS THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

There is a pretty cool site out there on the net that hosts all the top gear video rips, as well as others. I am not 100% sure whether its legal or not, but I am sure it is as all the clips are from past episodes.

I will PM the URL to Lancelot in order for him to check it out and give me the all-clear if its cool... :wink:
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
v1c

Post by v1c »

I saw that one when he raced the train down to the south of France with the aston? very cool car.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I must agree with screeper. Very cool show.

I saw the one where he rated the the best 100 cars of all time

The guy is totally nuts! i wouldn't get into a car with him, probably need new jocks afterwards if i did.

But the best thing is that if a car sux then he says it sux, regardless of what type. On the one i saw he was saying how overrated one of the ferraris were... not many 'car journalists' would say something negative like that about a car like that!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

I saw one at a LAN where they test the Maybach 62

Most of you may have seen on Car Torque the Maybach 56...

the 62 stands for 6.2 meters , it is a SOUND proofed car , as yuo hear NOTHING inside at 250kmh , which is its limit {Set electronically}...

It has a 400KW engine {5.5 litre , V12 , Twin Turbo} , pushes out 900nM of torque...

That is a HELL of a lot!!

21 speakers in the rear of the car and dvd/tv/radio in front of both {That means 2} back seats... Come with curtains etc... AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING... A steal at only 280 000 pounds... :lol:
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yeah, Top Gear is a great show. The thing is the actually rip cars off if they are not up to scratch, which most other car shows don't do.

Talking about Car Torque, why on earth do they review that Bentley, 3.1 million rand for what? At least this week, is the new Subaru Outback, yeah!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

neon_chameleon wrote:Talking about Car Torque, why on earth do they review that Bentley, 3.1 million rand for what? At least this week, is the new Subaru Outback, yeah!
Clearly you are smoking crack... :lol: Nothing beats a Bentley, especially the Arnage T (sigh, such a beautiful car sigh)

Another motoring show you guys should check out it Automotor & Sport on DWTV (channel 96), on Tuesdays at 12:30pm. Not nearly as good as Top Gear, but still leagues ahead of the local stuff... :roll:
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I have checked the site that ASSASSIN mentions above, I am no intellectual property expert, so if any others want to check it out and feel that is inappropiate becauase it infringes copyrights, is considered as piracy etc, please let me know!
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

What is the URL?

Or am i to blind to see the link? :?:
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Cool guys, the url for the site is
http://www.racingflix.com

In order to download files you need to get membership. They have high quality vids there so check it out...! 8) [/url]
// 3D2k3= 11238
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

i knew it was that site - if you go there - check out their members...
8O
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Who watched it last nite?

If you missed it, find out when its repeated and watch it.

The Merc SLR Mclaren :D :D :D
omg that thing rips up the tarmac. 3.8million ronds worth and they're driving it like a renault 5 8O
8O
it beat everything they've tested so far round the track, all the lambo's, porsches etc all pushed down a spot as the SLR takes the fastest lap award. Not really sure whats going to beat it tbh.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

just a reminder :D
Top Gear on tonite (in 30 min to be exact) on BBC World