Best Car You Have Ever Driven...

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Pino

Post by Pino »

By far the best car is *drum* /me opens envelope , a opel kadett RS 160
my bro's kadett has a full body and interior kit done plus a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and a lil bit o' gas :lol: . Top That One
Jesus loves you , But you are still a n00b.
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Pino wrote:By far the best car is *drum* /me opens envelope , a opel kadett RS 160
my bro's kadett has a full body and interior kit done plus a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and a lil bit o' gas :lol: . Top That One
Show us the pics... sounds quite interesting.....
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
Dom

Post by Dom »

sEnAtE wrote:lol,a tazz,thats a popcorn machine,that goes for all the 4 cylinders,im a v8 fan,chev v8,thats the ****,pure muscle,my dad have a v8 bakkie,chev elcamino,not very good lookin,but damn,gaved lots of popcorn machines hidings,its a 5,7 L 350 cu,mild warm,only thing its heavy on juice
Yeah, I'll admit that I have a soft spot for V8's too... they just ain't the most practical cars to own (unless you have masses of cash to cover the fuel bill :wink: ).

The car I can only dream of driving (so I suppose this doesn't count here), is a McLaren F1 road car. Top speed: 391 km/h baby! :P
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(

Post by Guest »

heya all, my uncles Ferrari 308 GTB, sweet sweet sweet ride...
Inslaine

Post by Inslaine »

Graham1 wrote:Inslaine your insurance company is taking you for a ride (no pun intended). They'll never pay you R14000, you'll get the book value ie. about the R7000 it is worth. Have them recalculate your premiums immediately. Sorry but that's how it works.
Nah I know what you mean, but my wording was wrong. I BOUGHT it for R7000 ages ago, but we spraid it and overhauled the whole engine and did alot of work on it, now it's worth R14000 if I sold it. Yes you ARE right, but they valued my car, not me. Thanks for your concern. :D
Dom

Post by Dom »

Anonymous wrote:heya all, my uncles Ferrari 308 GTB, sweet sweet sweet ride...
Awesome stuff... what I would give to get behind the wheel of a Ferrari, and put it through it's paces.
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
naughty

Post by naughty »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:
naughty wrote:PORSCHE 911 TWIN TURBO (aka) porsche 930

took it up to 270km/h then chickened out for the tickets id get
very nice!

just wondering, i thought the 930 was a single turbo?
the 930 being the first 911 turbo (commercially available) - the one with four gears?

as far as i was aware the shapes evolved like so...

and now the 997 is about to be launched
you are probably correct - since i really have no clue about porsches - all i knew then was how to drive LOL - and i was considering buying this car - well i quickly dispelled that idea when the guy i was buying it from was offered R100 000 more than i offered - and i had no intention of matching that - so i forgot all about it till this thread came up but to date that porsche is still the fastest car i have experienced driving even though i didnt explore its limits

im sure that the car was a turbo model though - being identical to the car in the "bad boys" movie of that time including color (black) but was actually a right hand drive version instead of left hand drive - though im sure that this fact wont help identify it

main facts i can remember are it was damn fast and had recaro seats - again im sure wont really help to conclusively help identify which model it was but it was the older more brutal shape compared to the very rounded off current shape and had massive color coded bumpers with a type of ribbing at either ends of the bumper beading

i'll try to find out which model it really was by seeing if i can get hold of the guy i was buying it from - im sure he still remembers every detail of that car
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

naughty wrote: you are probably correct - since i really have no clue about porsches - all i knew then was how to drive LOL - and i was considering buying this car - well i quickly dispelled that idea when the guy i was buying it from was offered R100 000 more than i offered - and i had no intention of matching that - so i forgot all about it till this thread came up but to date that porsche is still the fastest car i have experienced driving even though i didnt explore its limits

im sure that the car was a turbo model though - being identical to the car in the "bad boys" movie of that time including color (black) but was actually a right hand drive version instead of left hand drive - though im sure that this fact wont help identify it

main facts i can remember are it was damn fast and had recaro seats - again im sure wont really help to conclusively help identify which model it was but it was the older more brutal shape compared to the very rounded off current shape and had massive color coded bumpers with a type of ribbing at either ends of the bumper beading

i'll try to find out which model it really was by seeing if i can get hold of the guy i was buying it from - im sure he still remembers every detail of that car
Sweet!
all you need to do if you want to find out anything about Porsche, is to ask LordRage - he knows more about Porsche than most people out there.
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

My most favourite car was an Austin Healey 3000 Mk1 which I bought for R900 in 1977 and completely rebuilt. The car had a straight six, siamese ports, twin 1 and 3/4 SU's and a Norman Laycock overdrive in 2nd 3rd and 4th. It was a hundred mile an hour plus and handled well! Loved the thing, eventually sold it to buy my first house, broke my heart but what can you do?
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

:cry:
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
naughty

Post by naughty »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:
naughty wrote: you are probably correct - since i really have no clue about porsches - all i knew then was how to drive LOL - and i was considering buying this car - well i quickly dispelled that idea when the guy i was buying it from was offered R100 000 more than i offered - and i had no intention of matching that - so i forgot all about it till this thread came up but to date that porsche is still the fastest car i have experienced driving even though i didnt explore its limits

Sweet!
all you need to do if you want to find out anything about Porsche, is to ask LordRage - he knows more about Porsche than most people out there.
damn - i never knew that lordrage was a porsche fan - ill surely ask him the next time i see him since im sure ill meet him again soon since he wants to go in to MrBeans place to check out MrBeans new vapochill LS - so im gonna ask him when i meet him next
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

I just watched the top gear review of the MercedesBenz SLR and WOW.... 8O It blows the Murcielago and the Zonda away on the test circuit...

An amazing feat of engineering.... :wink:
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

I'm not old enuff to drive(Legally that is, but heloooo dirt roads)I'm only 16. Fastest car I've been in is my ballie's Old volvo S60 T5. Holy cr@p that thing moves, we pushed it a bit and the speedo went PAST 260km\h, then in our new car (S80,comes with T4 turbo) we took it to 230km\h and the throttle got stuck on the carpet in the floored position.......Scary stuff, and this is on country road. I took a picture the one day in the S60 it's kinda crappy but car was moving alot and some slow guy showed up so we had to tap off:

Lookie:

Note: sorry about it being so huge.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

hehe nice one Charger.

some dude taped a camcorder to his petrol tank on his honda fireblade and recorded himself doing 290km/h down some highway in england.

Then as he was just driving home slowly afterwards some cops pulled him over in a routine test and asked why he had a camcorder strapped to his tank and if they could see the tape? BUSTED!!
3 year license ban and 5000 pound fine.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Yeah, thats pretty cool. Fastest I have ever driven is 220km/h in a BMW 325i. Besides that I have done 210km/s in an MX-6, and oh yeah, the magic number of 170km/h flat out in a 1988 Jetta CLX with rather old tires. The latter was probably the most scary, and most retarded thing I have ever done come to think of it...

The fastest I have ever been in a car is in my friend's oldman's 540i, and Audi A6 4.2 quattro. We hit the 250km/h limiter in both.. damn sweet rides oh yeah :wink:
// 3D2k3= 11238