What is your greatest fear?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

What is your greatest fear?

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I've been thinking about this question for a while now and my greatest fear is growing old alone... true, nobody ever wants to be alone but I've been an introvert all my life - I don't have many friends compared to some people but I would do anything within my power for my friends. Also my love life hasn't been the greatest and I really wouldn't want to be an old hermit living in the desert all by myself for 20 years :wink:

sooooo what are your greatest fears?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

i am the same as Only one
friend I have very few.Why that is because i get classed as a nerd/geek at school and I have no social life to them but my socials life is different to theirs I dont smoke dope or take drug.But when in a tight thing with regards to IT section i am there "best Friend the world is sad

And I do have A life just not whqat see as a social life
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Well don't worry about the jerks at school amdretard, I had the same crap during my school years - as soon as it's over your life will be a blast! And as for having a few friends it's quality over quantity that counts.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

in terms of fears i dont have many like that - where it is fear of situation - mine are more fears in the pyhsical realm (so to speak) like - getting hijacked (again) or getting buried alive - granted these are situations its just that it is the physical stress that results from those situations that scares me!

however, growing old alone is a very scary thought! No one deserves to die alone - i think that has got to be one of the saddest things possible, dying alone and without anyone (physically) near you.

:cry:

dont worry about not having alot of friends though - an indication of someones character / personality is NOT on how many friends they have - but rather on the strength of those friendships. Sometimes 'popular' people with 'alot' of friends are very very lonely inside!
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

My other fear is public speaking
I stutter another thing i get ripped off at school
I need to do an oral they laugh but hey LIfe not fair

But i do get asked for my homework because the wankers want my book because they are too lazy to do it themselves.Then i have friends who dontlike too much and that helps with the labeling of nerd / freak
Dom

Post by Dom »

amdretard wrote:My other fear is public speaking
I stutter another thing i get ripped off at school
I need to do an oral they laugh but hey LIfe not fair
Don't worry boet... I really didn't enjoy doing speeches at school either. Thankfully, as time went by, I learned to cope pretty well with having to do them.

As for the turds that rip you off, I have a good phrase to remember: 'jealousy makes you nasty' :wink:
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Ridgeback

Post by Ridgeback »

Only One, soon you'll change your name to Happy Too.... I'm sure of it.
AMD retard, your'e no retard, pal, u r gr8t, hang in there and believe in yourself. Don't let the jerk offs get the better of u... u r better than them, I promise u, and the chix....well when they get to 21, they start looking past the other okes good looks and start looking at whats inside.you'll win, have patience, until then, buck, get all the papers behind ur name u can.
My greatest fears....Fear and not being able to watch my kids get married and see my grandkids oneday. Been shot, skydived, did SAT diving, was in an army actively....
amd, hang in there bud, school life sux seriously! :!:
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks! Life is what happens when your'e looking the other way....
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Hey amdretard, dont worry about it, just think of it this way.....
They maybe making fun of you now, but give it 15 years, and those mofos will be working for your a$$.(he who laughs last etc... cant remember that saying exactly :oops: ).

As for my greatest fear, it must probably involve skydiving without a parachute. Imagine what must be going through your mind when you are like 1 metre above the ground.... :!:
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
Ridgeback

Post by Ridgeback »

Don't know what goes through ur mind 1 m above the ground when skydiving without a 'chute, but the last inch... your a@@ goes through it...skydiving without a 'chute called BOUNCING. Peeps really do bounce !
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks! Life is what happens when your'e looking the other way....
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

havent got a lotta friends too, but atleast i can trust those i have. i hate using a phone :lol: and public speaking, im glad i dont do that a lot cause im not in a real school. phew.

skydiving without a chute. ouch. wont try that.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Don't worry Amdretard, I am still your friend. We are both classed in the same caterory at school (Same school in fact, same grade in fact)
I dread public speaking and presentations
I am also nervous in hospitals, but you would be too, if you almost died on a operating table when you were 14 (Last year).
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

why did u almost die? dont be scared of the hospital they tried to save u(i hope)
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Aliens. Call me paranoid but I have the most unbelievable fear of extra terrestrials coming to Earth. Why? Because if they do come here then we have *no* idea what to expect from them... we have no standards to expect from them because logic would dictate that their way of life would be so totally removed from ours that... well, chaos could ensue.

Irrational fear perhaps but I can't seem to get rid of it.

That at ships and water. Terrified of those.
human slave in an insect nation
brabham

Post by brabham »

Spiders! :?

Call me a freak if you must but that ***** freaks me out! Nothing is supposed to have that many hairy legs!
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

Getting disconnected before 7am....
Supplier of Smart-IT Business Management & Accounting solutions

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
djjkotze

AMDRetard

Post by djjkotze »

Brother, don't worry... I know it sounds lame, but hey, hang in there. Had the same situation in school, everyone always say you're a nerd, weak bottom antisocial jerk, but now that I am in varsity, everything's different. I study Computer Science, and here everyone's friends. In fact I have a pal that would by school standards have made me look normal!

Screw those bastards then :roll: and just focus on doing good at school, good grades really help when going to varsity, if you plan to do so. Byt net vas broer!

Cheers
djjkotze
droplet

Post by droplet »

i'm petrified of spiders
i'm terrified of pre-seven linklostness

but most of all i'm scared of hurting people
touch-typing celibate monk
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

this had turned from a fear post to a therapy session

but thanks for the help i feel at home here

I dont intend to study anyuthing in the IT field when getting to Varsity
simmy

Post by simmy »

not being able to DEAL WITH IT!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Having my skin peeled off and then having to swimming in lemon juice... :twisted:

/me got up on the wrong side of bed...
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

sinking

hence i keep my big black @$$ outta the pool
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I don't fear anything. Fear makes you weak. It renders you incapable of doing something about the situation. Like OnlyOne who fears being alone. It will eventually lead to desperation and that will make you more lonely. Desperation leads to misery in the end. And it makes you panic. "I must find love! I'm getting old! I don't want to die like this?!"

I look at any situation with a sort of detached feeling. It's like I travel outside my body and look at the world from there. I always see the irony in a situation and it makes me smile. I would say to myself, "What brought me to this point in my life. Why am I feeling like this. Do I maybe look at myself through other peoples eyes and opinions of how I should be? Does it make me feel that I am not liked? Do I need to change? Why? Am I not happy with myself?"

If you constantly look at others for approval, you have failed already. You give them a power and a hold over you that they don't deserve and shouldn't have. Judge yourself by you own standards. So what if I don't wear Levis. So what if I hate Bronx. So what if I comb my hair that way. So what if I would rather play UT on my PC than get drunk with a bunch of glassy eyed, moronic, pilled up, snarfed up, air haids that can only talk about how good they are tripping anyway. It's who I am. Don't lable me. Don't presume to know me. You don't. I'm a nice person. Take the time to find that out.

Be yourself and don't apologise for it. The right woman will love you because of who you are, not in spite of it.

Live your life dammit. Live!

:D
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
brabham

Post by brabham »

Wise words master Yoda.

I dont for a second though believe that you dont fear anything. Fear is human. If you dont fear anything then you are more stupid than you look. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with fearing something. Its a method of protection. If there is a situation you fear you stay out of that situation so that it cannot harm you. Of course their are fears that are totally unfounded and just plain silly like people that fear opening doors....then again maybe its not so silly, I guess you have to be in that situation to truly judge someone else's fear.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I seriously don't fear anything. What is the most valuable thing I have? My soul. My character. Nothing can take that away from me.

What should I fear? Man? He can afflict a lot of pain, even take my life. The pain will pass. My life will be lost or it won't. Should I fear beasts? They can hurt me or kill me. The pain will pass. I will die or not die. Should I fear the elements? Why? It's not like they are planning to take me out. I might burn to a crisp. Or drown. Again the pain will pass. I will die or I will not die. Heights? Spaces? They can't hurt me. I can fall and break my neck. That's it. Should I fear death? It's the beginning of something new. Not the end of something. Should I fear life? I'd rather live it to the fullest. Should I fear God? I believe in Him and I ask for direction. I'm living a disobedient life. I sin. God will judge me, and it shall be so.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Wise words there Yoda, you are quite right - if I happen to find a young Jedi wannabe called Luke I'll send him your way because I wouldn't be able to teach him as well as you can. :P