The Good-bye thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: The Good-bye thread

Post by THE_STIG »

the stuff these people smoke must be quite strong :lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Stuart wrote:This guy's statement had better be good tomorrow!
I doubt that.....he will come up with some or other nonsense :?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

bunch of crackheads if you ask me...
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Sojourn wrote:bunch of crackheads if you ask me...
They must have one hell of a lot of drugs in their bomb shelter :lol:
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Who called it!? Booyah! :lol:

Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end October 21, 2011

This nut is going to cause even more grief for these gullible saps now, he should seriously be charged with fraud and locked up!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Agreed - not man enough to say he was wrong. *Sigh* And these are the "leaders" of men :P
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hmmmm I remember something about blind people and a one eyed king.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

ryanrich wrote:he should seriously be charged with fraud and locked up!
this would set a terrible precedent... they'd have to charge every religious institution/nutritionist/financial advisor/homoeopath/lawyer...

besides which, anyone imagining he won't get away with this again apparently requires reminding that this self same sod predicted the exact same thing in 1988 and 1994.... with pretty much the exact same results... and here we are again...

face it - the world does not lack for gullible idjits...

if anything, the media needs to be taken outside and strung up for helping to spreading his insanity... not that that'll ever happen... :|
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
jee

Post by jee »

He is flabbergasted

i did not realise that he was that old
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:this self same sod predicted the exact same thing in 1988 and 1994
I stand to be corrected, but I believe you're thinking of someone else in 1988. You have it right about '94 (6 September 1994, to be exact), but I don't recall any Camping predictions for '88.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

A local priest and pastor stood by the side of the road holding up a sign that said,
"The End is Near! Turn yourself around now before it's too late!"

They held up the sign to each passing car.

"Leave us alone, you religious nuts!" yelled the first driver as he sped by.

From around the curve they heard a big splash.
"Do you think," said one clergy to the other, "we should just put up a sign that says "bridge out".. ?
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Stuart wrote:
rustypup wrote:this self same sod predicted the exact same thing in 1988 and 1994
I stand to be corrected, but I believe you're thinking of someone else in 1988. You have it right about '94 (6 September 1994, to be exact), but I don't recall any Camping predictions for '88.
Wikipedia wrote:He has also predicted judgment days on May 21, 1988, and September 7, 1994.
Harold Camping - Nut-job Extraordinaire
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Stuart wrote:I believe you're thinking of someone else in 1988.
no... pretty sure it was the same nutter... although google appears to indicate it was only "judgement day" for churches...also israel, for some reason...

i really wish the press wouldn't focus on this nonsense... but then, that's a wee bit unrealistic on my part.... when you live in a world were people consciously choose to listen to lady gaga/rebecca black/justin bieber, you're probably hoping for fiery death ASAP....
jee

Post by jee »

You know, i have no idea what lady gaga, bieber or rebecca black sound like...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

ryanrich wrote:
Stuart wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:He has also predicted judgment days on May 21, 1988, and September 7, 1994.
Harold Camping - Nut-job Extraordinaire
Again, I stand to be corrected, but his prediction for '88 was not, afaik, "the exact same thing" as he predicted for last week. Unless I am very much mistaken, 21 May 1988 in Camping theology was the end of the church age, and the beginning of the Tribulation period. But that's not the same thing as the Judgement Day he predicted for this past weekend. And it's a theology he still holds to (unlike his admission that his predictions for September 1994 and May 2011 were incorrect).

Edit: And in fact '88 was not a prophecy he gave as much as a conclusion he reached, which caused him to leave the organised church. It was at the same time that he formulated his '94 prophecy.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

it's the exact same thing... religious nutter uses wrangled math to extract predictions from a book of myths, media predictably lends him mountains of free press..

i fail to see where we could start making distinctions... his whole message is THE END IS NIGH! REPENT LEST YE BE FIZZLED!

ALSO, PLEASE SEND ME MONEY TO KEEP ME SPREADING HIS WORD! WHICH I'VE INTERPROLATED FOR YOU! BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT AS HOLY! THAT'S OK,THOUGH.
jee

Post by jee »

he does not have many years left for another prophecy ...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jee wrote:You know, i have no idea what lady gaga, bieber or rebecca black sound like...
jee, seriously, do yourself a favour. Hop onto Youtube and find Friday by Rebecca Black. Listen to it. It will blow your mind. You might end up marrying Siemens.
jee

Post by jee »

Rat.... do i look that desperate? O.o
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:it's the exact same thing... religious nutter uses wrangled math to extract predictions from a book of myths, media predictably lends him mountains of free press..

i fail to see where we could start making distinctions... his whole message is THE END IS NIGH! REPENT LEST YE BE FIZZLED!

ALSO, PLEASE SEND ME MONEY TO KEEP ME SPREADING HIS WORD! WHICH I'VE INTERPROLATED FOR YOU! BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT AS HOLY! THAT'S OK,THOUGH.
Look, I label the guy a false prophet as much as the next person, but you're being completely unfair here. The fact that you consider his theology of '88 to be "the exact same thing" as his prediction for this past weekend shows that you actually don't know the intricacies of the details involved. The end of the church age and the rapture are two distinct events in Camping theology.

If I used your reasoning I could easily say that evolutionists teach that men evolved from monkeys and expect you to agree with the statement.

And, again, though I have absolutely no time for Harold Camping, please show me where he asked his followers to send him money.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jee wrote:Rat.... do i look that desperate? O.o
Well, honestly, I think it depends on which day of the week you ask . . .

:mrgreen:

j/k

:hug*
jee

Post by jee »

*sniff*sniff* Good-bye Mr Ratlllll :(
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Stuart wrote:The fact that you consider his theology of '88 to be "the exact same thing" as his prediction for this past weekend shows that you actually don't know the intricacies of the details involved.
you're right. because there are no "intricacies"... there is camping's psychosis and camping's psychosis... all of it based on his analysing the bible while wearing his "lunatic fringe" glasses... i make absolutely no distinction between one idiotic prediction and another... it's all guff designed to maximise publicity and income...
Stuart wrote:If I used your reasoning I could easily say that evolutionists teach that men evolved from monkeys
you've stumped me... how would these even relate? are you actually defending this miserable excuse for a human being? really? :lol:
Stuart wrote:please show me where he asked his followers to send him money.
offerings. not donations. offerings... i need to remember that...big difference, right... unless of course random people just happen to get struck by the idea to donate money to his "ministry"... you know..they're walking down the street, they stub a toe, they randomly deposit money in a random bank account which just happens to be the right one...

i simply cannot imagine the odds involved, but clearly he's winning the lottery... every day...
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Stuart wrote:
jee wrote:You know, i have no idea what lady gaga, bieber or rebecca black sound like...
jee, seriously, do yourself a favour. Hop onto Youtube and find Friday by Rebecca Black. Listen to it. It will blow your mind. You might end up marrying Siemens.
You don't want to do that. Gaga steals Madonna's tunes and Bieber sings way too high - it is not healthy, And Rebecca cannot write to save her life - and that tune is catchy and you will find it going around in your head whenever someone inadvertently says the word "Friday". Makes you consider decapitation as the only viable alternative. Trust me on this.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I'm fairly certain I said that I am not defending him. But your statement that he predicted the end of the world in 1988 is patently false. But I guess if you're willing to make gross overstatements in order to support your thinking, all the more power to you. Doesn't strike me in the least as an intellectually honest approach to the discussion, but fine.