F1 2011!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: F1 2011!

Post by THE_STIG »

I was only able to see the Portuguese coverage on SS8, it was supposed to be on SS5 but they went and put School rugby on instead. And we pay R500 a month for this, I am going to go and kill somebody........

But I see RBR were dominating, McLaren are best of the rest but are still almost a second off the pace. the interesting battle will be over 3rd place as the two Red bull's will probably disappear into the distance
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Siemens wrote:It was on SSMax and you just had to change the language you noobs.
Yes but still, it was scheduled for ss5. DSTV is becoming more and more rubbish by the second......
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Dude, go into the supersport interactive channel thingy, then into action attraction then into SOuth africa and then motorsports, there it was always listed as SuperSport Max, and to change the langue you press the button on your remote for language and select "language 2of2" I know it doesnt say english, however it was in fact english.

Although I have to say the satellite coverage that supersport are getting is terrible. The constant sound stutters and frame skips is not cool. And it's been happening all season.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Yea, I am still not exactly a fan of Muti-choice.....they have messed us around before. BTW they have more than enough channels to put the English and Portuguese coverage separate, some of their channels just had repeats on. I am less than impressed with them. I have noticed the picture problems, but that is not DSTV's fault(apparently).

Let us move past this now, I hope that the two Red Bulls mess up the start so that we will have an interesting battle for the lead because as it stands the red bulls will just drive off into the distance and will with ease.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Well I don't know where Alonso got that time from. I don't like the new hard tires. It's going to be another one of those confusing races where you only know in the last couple of laps who is actually in the lead because of all the pit stops. It will probably be a 4stop race.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Siemens wrote:Well I don't know where Alonso got that time from. I don't like the new hard tires. It's going to be another one of those confusing races where you only know in the last couple of laps who is actually in the lead because of all the pit stops. It will probably be a 4stop race.
Yea, the new hard tires make things difficult. Well 4 stops is definitely what most will be on, some might even go for 5 stops
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Well they say the soft tires are getting about 10 or 11 laps in and they want to be on the hard for a very limited number of stops. The hard is costing them about 2seconds per lap.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Sasha Martinengo before the race: "Ja we don't think McLaren will come close to Webber or Vettel"
Sasha Martinengo after the race: "Ja we predicted this would happen"

Anyway, well done to Button for a Podium finish and Hamilton for giving Vettel a run for his money.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

That was a much more exciting race than I predicted, Alonso got an amazing start which was lost during the 2nd round of pit-stops.......form then onwards it was Hamilton vs Vettel, with Webber fighting Alonso for 3rd. Button's 3 stop strategy worked brilliantly and got him up to 3rd place. I loved the last 10 laps where Hamilton was fighting Vettel until the very last second....they were separated by only 0.6s at the end of the race. Awesome stuff McLaren :D

OMW Sasha Martinengo, don't you remember what you said at the beginning of the race??
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

wow, that was an interesting qualifying session......the Ferrari's were not as fast as people thought :lol: .Perez's crash in Q3 really mixed things up, Hamilton got blocked by Massa(which looked as if he did it on purpose) and then on his second attempt was forced to abandon his run as the session had been red flagged, if it had not been for that I think he might have been on pole :cry: .

I hope Massa gets a penalty as he ruined Hamilton's chance at pole :x :x :x
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: Stig no penalty for Massa. However a penalty for Hamilton has been given for setting a fast time while cutting the chicane. Have fun venting over that one :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

//vroom vroom..... :)

GO Ferrari GO!!!
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Anakha56 wrote::lol: Stig no penalty for Massa. However a penalty for Hamilton has been given for setting a fast time while cutting the chicane. Have fun venting over that one :P.
How typical of the FIA to go and find something wrong with McLaren......if Hamilton had blocked Massa it would have been the end of the world :?

@KK.......I don't find your support for Ferrari very amusing.......

/Let me keep quiet before I say something I am going to regret

At least Button is up in 2nd :D ....ahead of the stupid Ferrari's who though they were so fast :lol:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

well.... i can support who i want.... and i have a license to support them.... :mrgreen:
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

F1 2011!

Post by ryanrich »

Hamilton needs to learn how to drive! If he isn't leading he drives like a complete tjop! Damn tool should've been disqualified after all his reckless driving and complete denial thereof today...

Seb was actually lucky today, could've gone very wrong for RBR with their strategy. Awesome drive from Fernando and nice seeing Button on the podium as well.

I'm glad Monaco is over, it's such a crap race to be honest.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Yeah, Hamilton drove like a complete tosser, and the fact that he was whining about his penalties afterwards allows me to add the adjective "complete". Vettel was very lucky with the red flag - without it, we would likely have been looking at Alonso first, Button second and Vettel third.

Something that needs some clarification - at one point, the rules stated that if a race was red-flagged with over 75% distance completed, it would not be restarted and full points would be awarded (see Brazil 2003). When was that changed?
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Hamilton screwed up Button's win. That safety car was very costly. I think the whole safety car system is flawed.

With that said I dont know how they can allow fresh tires on a red flag situation. It's like giving away a free pitstop for those who would have pitted in that time anyway. Kobayashi could have been 4th and who knows what would have happened in the front with Vettels tires used up that bad.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Hamilton actually commented that he thinks his well deserved penalties was awarded because of his skin colour.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ That rule goes way back to the pre-safety car era - when a race was red-flagged, the previous race would be declared null and void, and a new race would start at the resumption (although to take part in the resumed race, cars must return to the start line on their own). Under those conditions, any work could be performed on the car to get it ready for the resumed race. Seems like that hasn't changed at all.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Siemens wrote:Hamilton actually commented that he thinks his well deserved penalties was awarded because of his skin colour.
Wow... That comment he made is the type of comment you hear in South Africa :(. Looks like that card gets played whenever the need and opportunity presents itself. This is going travel farther than the F1 circles...
Ron2K wrote:^^ That rule goes way back to the pre-safety car era - when a race was red-flagged, the previous race would be declared null and void, and a new race would start at the resumption (although to take part in the resumed race, cars must return to the start line on their own). Under those conditions, any work could be performed on the car to get it ready for the resumed race. Seems like that hasn't changed at all.
+1 Probably the only consistent rule left in F1. It has not been changed in ages.

@ Ron I think the Race Stewards could decide what to do after 75% and considering we still had the window for racing and interviews to take place without going to far over into other programming they decided for the race. After the Hamilton incident I bet they are regretting that decision...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/69 ... nd-penalty
Hamilton slapped with second penalty
Sunday 29th May 2011

Lewis Hamilton's anger and frustration with the race stewards has probably deepened further after he was hit with second penalty after the Monaco Grand Prix.

The McLaren driver was slapped with another drive-through penalty after the race following his crash with Williams' Pastor Maldonado during the closing stages of the race.

The 20-second penalty doesn't affect Hamilton's final position of sixth place as he was almost a lap ahead of Force India's Adrian Sutil in seventh place.

Hamilton was also hit with a drive-through penalty midway through Sunday's race following an incident involving Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

The Briton expressed his unhappiness after the race, saying it's a "fricking joke" that's had to face the stewards so often this season.

"Out of six races I've been to the stewards five times. It's a joke. It's an absolute fricking joke," he told BBC Sport.

"You know you can't overtake here. Very, very rarely do you get an opportunity.

"I was quite a lot quicker than Massa, I went up the inside and the guy just turned so early and just turned into me so I tried to go onto the kerb to avoid him, and we're stuck together.

"So it was just... and of course I get a penalty which is usual. He held me up in qualifying and I got the penalty. He turned into me, and I got the penalty.

"And I went up the inside of Maldonado and you can see on the screen he turned in a good car length too early to stop me from overtaking him and crashed into me. This stuff's ridiculous. These drivers are absolutely fricking ridiculous, it's stupid."
Yeah its always the other drivers fault... :roll: I am starting to see why he and Alonso fought like cat & dog... :roll:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/69587 ... ack-Attack
Hamilton clears the air with stewards
Sunday 29th May 2011

Lewis Hamilton has "made peace" with the Monaco stewards after launching a blistering attack against them in the wake of a penalty-hit race.

Hamilton received two drive-through penalties relating to separate incidents with Ferrari's Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado in his Williams.

Immediately after the race, after a visit to the stewards regarding the crash with Maldonado, Hamilton vented his emotions as he said: "It's an absolute frickin' joke.

"I've been to see the stewards five times out of six this season."

Asked as to why he felt the stewards, with British sportscar driver Allan McNish on the four-man panel, were picking on him, Hamilton retorted: "Maybe it's because I'm black."

Hamilton then added, as if to make light of his previous remark: "That's what Ali G says", referring to the fictional television character portrayed by Sacha Baron Cohen.

However, in an attempt to ensure the racial reference was not blown out of proportion, and as McLaren attempted damage limitation, the 26-year-old opted to revisit the stewards to clear the air.

Hamilton said: "I've been to the stewards to make peace.

"What I said was a bit of a joke, which wasn't funny at the time.

"I made them aware that when emotions are high, and it's very intense at the end of those kind of races, you don't always say the right thing, and the joke didn't come at the most appropriate time.

"So I went there, made that clear to them, we've made our peace.

"They accepted my explanation, they understood. They said: 'We've all competed before and we understand the passion, where you are coming from'.

"They said that the sports they've been in, they've been angry at referees or said things they didn't mean, so they understood it.

"We all shook hands afterwards. They said it was a tough weekend, let's move on, and they all wished me well for the season."

By way of further explanation, Hamilton added: "I'm passionate. I drove my heart out.

"The weekend was tough. It started out perfectly, and I finished the race, but only just.

"I feel like I've had everything thrown at me, and I've managed to catch it and deal with it the best I could."

Motor sport's world governing body, the FIA, could have opted to have hit Hamilton with a charge of bringing the sport into disrepute.

That will not now be the case as Hamilton added: "They said at the end that they would make sure other people in the FIA understand.

"They said that for anybody who has heard it and misunderstood, that they'll clarify it with them and it won't go any further than the meeting room."

Asked whether he wished he had never made the racial accusation, Hamilton added: "Should I have said it, should I not?

"Like I said I was trying to be funny, but it wasn't funny. You're not always right when you're trying to be funny.

"Sometimes you really put your foot in it and you offend people, and I did not really set out to offend anyone. It was said at the wrong time."

Hamilton's first penalty, for causing a collision with Massa as he made an attempt to pass on the inside at Loews Hairpin, saw the McLaren ace relegated two places from seventh to ninth at the time.

The second, which came as Maldonado manoeuvred around the outside at the first corner Ste Devote and resulted in the Venezuelan rookie crashing into a barrier, was served retrospectively after the race.

Twenty seconds were added to Hamilton's elapsed time, although it made no difference to his finishing position of sixth.
After this race I wonder if Leis deserves the title "Bashy"...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Yeah okay so that is a confirmed rule however it is a stupid unfair rule.
senile

Post by senile »

Siemens wrote:Hamilton actually commented that he thinks his well deserved penalties was awarded because of his skin colour.
His driving did actually remind me of SA taxi drivers. So he could be right...
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

F1 2011!

Post by ryanrich »

senile wrote:
His driving did actually remind me of SA taxi drivers. So he could be right...
:lol:
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

/edit Stupid internet :x
Last edited by THE_STIG on 30 May 2011, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

/edit Stupid internet :x
Last edited by THE_STIG on 30 May 2011, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.