The non-PCF Fail/Win Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Re: The non-PCF Fail/Win Thread

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

what did the hacker do? i seem to have missed this story.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I am here to fail Incredible Con (not that it is a surprise). They theoretically build and repair machines. Well I went in hoping to by a conversion mount so that I could install my new sata drive. Even mounting clips would have been good. The lady told me that they don't have any? They used the space in the laptop to put the drive in. I explained that this was a normal computer case and she said that all their computers were normal laptops. I painstakingly explained what they were and she said nope. I asked if she was sure and she said yes - she had never even heard of them so she didn't think they were needed. *Sigh* My fault for even walking in there - I should have known better.

At least the guys at the other computer shops had heard of them - but they didn't stock them. The one guy asked me what make of case I had as they were case specific :roll: I told him it was a general conversion mount from 5 1/4" to 3.5" - but he still reckoned that he didn't have any because I couldn't tell him the make of my case. *Sigh again*

Frustration doesn't explain my day. Well I cannibalised one of our old servers and found something that would do.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Tribble wrote:I am here to fail Incredible Con (not that it is a surprise). They theoretically build and repair machines. Well I went in hoping to by a conversion mount so that I could install my new sata drive. Even mounting clips would have been good. The lady told me that they don't have any? They used the space in the laptop to put the drive in. I explained that this was a normal computer case and she said that all their computers were normal laptops. I painstakingly explained what they were and she said nope. I asked if she was sure and she said yes - she had never even heard of them so she didn't think they were needed. *Sigh* My fault for even walking in there - I should have known better.

At least the guys at the other computer shops had heard of them - but they didn't stock them. The one guy asked me what make of case I had as they were case specific :roll: I told him it was a general conversion mount from 5 1/4" to 3.5" - but he still reckoned that he didn't have any because I couldn't tell him the make of my case. *Sigh again*

Frustration doesn't explain my day. Well I cannibalised one of our old servers and found something that would do.
Tribs that is what you get for going to a place like incredible Corruption....they are the most useless bunch of <insert many variables> in the world.....
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

-Prometheus- wrote:^^ That place won't ever see me again. Last time I walked into one of their shops I asked for an AMD chip. They told me they only sell Intel CPUs and motherboards. :facepalm:
THE_STIG wrote:
Tribble wrote:I am here to fail Incredible Con (not that it is a surprise). They theoretically build and repair machines. Well I went in hoping to by a conversion mount so that I could install my new sata drive. Even mounting clips would have been good. The lady told me that they don't have any? They used the space in the laptop to put the drive in. I explained that this was a normal computer case and she said that all their computers were normal laptops. I painstakingly explained what they were and she said nope. I asked if she was sure and she said yes - she had never even heard of them so she didn't think they were needed. *Sigh* My fault for even walking in there - I should have known better.

Tribs that is what you get for going to a place like incredible Corruption....they are the most useless bunch of <insert many variables> in the world.....
strangely i have had nothing but good service from them for the last year. i even stopped calling them incredible corruption...

i will admit that not all their staff is clued up. so i always check with more than one. and look for signs of blank expressions on their faces when i ask a question. :)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Ok, so here is another little gem.

Got a lekker deap gouge on my phones screen this morning when it fell from the car's dash onto the floor. Pretty peeved but wht.
Thought I would phone around and see if anyone can give me a price on a replacement screen for the phone.

First port of call was a Vodacare shop. You know, repairs, parts and so on.

Lady: "Good morning and thank you for phoning Vodacare, how may I help?"
Me: "Hi yes, would it be possible for you to give me a quote on a replacement screen for a Vodafone 845?"
Lady: "I have never heard of it. Can you tell me what it looks like?"
Me: "Uhm ok. It's got 5 buttons and a screen. When I press on the screen it dails or sms people.... I'm sure it's a cell phone, but with todays technology it could be a toaster that can make phone calls."
Lady: "Sorry sir, can you maybe bring in the phone?"
Me: *click*
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Sheesh.

I'd like to nominate IcePick88 for being one of those people that just love being a douche to strangers given the slightest reason to do so.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

hahahaha, I must admit that when peeps are supposed to know, Vodacare and Vodaphone, I too get a little frustrated.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Kalster, bringing the phone in is irrelevant- I can see why IcePick did it, and I lol'd. She should have been able to give a quote based on the fact that he gave make and model.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

KALSTER wrote:Sheesh.

I'd like to nominate IcePick88 for being one of those people that just love being a douche to strangers given the slightest reason to do so.
:lol: :lol: Recent events that transpired in my live have somewhat changed me.

When you work in a certain field, I do not expect you to be a uber expert in it or know everything. It does not matter if she does not know how the phone looks like.

The point I'm trying to make is, I asked for a quote and nothing else. I don't want her whole life story blah blah blah about they don't stock the phone, they don't fix these phones blah blah blah.

I only see one logical outcome to my phone call and this is what she should have said:

"Certainly sir. You said it was a Vodafone 845 correct? And may I have your contact details so that I can phone you back when I have any news?"
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Well clearly this is more a rant than I fail but none a fail for the Freestate mail boss.

I ran a small RPA (Retail Postal Agency) and a lobby section.This morning I had to go to the Doctor, and the guy that gets mail for street delivery is in no way associated with the RPA, wanted to come and collect his mail while I was in the shower of all places.The shop is next to the house.

He is suppose to do same day delivery, but because of road works mail, gets here a little late.So his sorts mail and then leaves it in front of my counter either on a bag or in a bag for the next day.

So I finally stripped today, kindly told him I'll be there in a few seconds.When I got there I told him I have warned him about leaving the mail in front of the counter and he should remove it.He refused, so I warn him again remove your mail from mail premises, where you take it is not my problem.

He walked away, still with some mail at the counter, so I ejected the mail from the premises, street mail is not my problem nor my responsibility of storing or safe keeping on my premises.
I think he dared me to eject his mail, that was his biggest mistake.

So I left for the doctor, and the mail was still lying outside, got back the mail was still outside.
So I picked it up made a new bag with a tag and lead seal FROM:Vanstandensrus TO:*Name with held* to this guy.

I am form part of consumer services, in other words I don't report or take any instructions from departments outside that section.

So the street delivery guy phones his big senior almighty boss, explains the problem to him.Around 2pm I get a knock at my door, guess, who the big boss, not that I am particularly afraid of him, since him does not form part of the reporting process nor does he have any say what happens on my property or the RPA.I also have nothing to loose if the RPA ceases to operate.

So I open the door for the boss, doesn't shake my hand stuffs his official SA post office employee card in my face, with a rather nasty attitude I am the boss around here.Quickly asks where is the post of this morning, I point out the bag.

First off if you planing on having a conversation with me, greet me, secondly don't give me attitude of your are more important because of a senior position in a company.Do that and I will listen to what ever to have to say.Don't and I will eject you faster then what you can read my "right to admission reserved" sign.

So I am already revved up, so I refuse entry to the other guy allow the boss in close the door.I point out when he pulls out his note pad to write what do you want to discuss.

There is nothing to discuss he should get his mail and then leave with the mail preferably with him in a bag and not stuffed up various orifices, from the premises.I don't want his mail lying around here.If ICSA walks in here which is due to happen any day now, there will be some major explaining to do.Then he says let me first tell you who I am, the person responsible from mail delivery for the whole Freestate.

Wow that seriously send shivers down my spine.A quick quirk about not caring who or what he is, he has no authority to tell me what should happen on my premises.I think he got the message and was dumb struck. The perfect opportunity to have a go at him.So I did, I kindly referred him in a blind rage, I am under no obligation to assist him in any mail storage or sorting areas what so ever.Again he asked do you know who you are speaking to.

I just hate people like that, not knowing who they are.Again I point out that I don't care who or what he is.Then he asked about the post box lobby he should have access to it.
Well I said no, he has no reason to have access to it so that he can store and sort his mail, and then give his friends mail who had not paid their post boxes or lost their keys.The lobby is not his problem why should he care what happens in it.He then asked to use my land line, that just revved me up even more, call on my phone for some thing that is not my problem, I think not.

Then he said I am going to sort this out today and give you a mandate to tomorrow, well I kindly point out that my department needs to approve it and I want it in writing that I take no responsibility for it then.

That is when he tried speaking about unrelated stuff like 1st address stuff and his bike and this and that.I then said he is wasting my time, as he is not listening, I don't want street delivery mail on my premises, end of story, he should take his mail and leave, the end, no this no that.

Then I asked the boss take his stuff and leave right now.He cowered like a dog out of the shop.

I just ended by saying thank you, have a nice day.

Phoned head office, explained I just chased out one their bosses.Because he annoyed me and want the guy to have access to some thing which is only going to cause problems nor does he have any reason to use it.So head office has been warned, and I am expecting some rather nasty phones calls tomorrow.Looking forward to it. :D :D

Sigh, I love working for my self.....I get to deal with wondrous idiots.

I just hate being a nasty person, but some times, some people require it, and to point out you don't give a donkey butt about their problem.

Breath 1....2....3.I just wish every one could give their boss a piece of their mind every once in a while.

I also stopped smoking yesterday perhaps that is why I feel like eating and choking people. :lol: :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

*sigh*

Konica Minolta Direct.

We have a Bizhub machine here at the office, which is SUPPOSED to support scan-to-email. We have had endless hassles with it. It's never worked more than a couple of days before bombing out. I spoke again to the sales rep this morning who sold it to us, and his new answer was quite creative.

Our problem is that we are trying to use the machine from a laptop running Vista and a computer running Windows 7. The Bizhub is a 32-bit machine, and Windows Vista and Windows 7 are 64-bit operating systems, so you can't use the machine to its full capacity from either Vista or 7.

(Apart from the glaring idiocy, please note at the same time that scan-to-email is performed from the Bizhub itself, not from a computer interface. You stand by the machine and press the buttons to scan a document to pdf and then email it.)
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Stu, you did laugh at him in his face, right? Right!!? :lol:
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I walked in today and got a copy of Dead Space 1 for R50. They are useful for some things but not every thing
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

SykomantiS wrote:Stu, you did laugh at him in his face, right? Right!!? :lol:
Nah, we're trying our hardest to just see out the contract and then move to someone else. KM Direct has shockingly bad service.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Sigh

I am a new quad core computer richer, some one failed to collect their computer after 2 months, and failed to read my 60 day notice..
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

The ******* post office operator from hell
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

jamin_za wrote:The ******* post office operator from hell
So, you get what you ask for, am obligated to do so.... :D :wink:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

wizardofid wrote:Sigh

I am a new quad core computer richer, some one failed to collect their computer after 2 months, and failed to read my 60 day notice..
Then wherefore the sigh?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

doo_much wrote:
wizardofid wrote:Sigh

Then wherefore the sigh?
No one else is going to bring their computers in for repairs.... :wink: But that is fine, getting tired of reinfecting their computers with viruses...
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

My whole gr12 computer class for being to stupid to know how to log in.......they wasted 15 minutes trying to log in :x :x
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

THE_STIG wrote:My whole gr12 computer class for being to stupid to know how to log in.......they wasted 15 minutes trying to log in :x :x
That's nothing. Wait till you get to university level.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker