The Equestrian (Horse) Thread!!!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
CapNemo

Re: The Equestrian (Horse) Thread!!!

Post by CapNemo »

Really when and where?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Why It’s Banned
Horse meat is considered to be a taboo food in many countries, including the U.S., Ireland, Australia, Canada, and throughout various cultural groups around the world. The banning of horse meat goes back to the 8th century. Pope Zachary and Pope Gregory III both told Saint Boniface to forbid his missionaries to eat horse meat, as it had a strong correlation to the Germanic pagan rituals that the Christians were trying to eradicate. This Catholic Church stance on horse meat stands today, while others refuse to eat horse because it is seen as poor man’s meat or due to the fact that horses seem to be man’s other best friend. Both the U.S. and U.K. have banned the slaughter and consumption of horses, as they are seen as companions and labeled “sports animals.”
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Oh yes - one more thing:
Does It Really Stick?
Though banned, horse meat and horse slaughter goes on everyday in the U.S. as well as the U.K. In fact, southern states in the U.S. are known for their slaughterhouses for horses in which the meat is sold to other countries. In the U.K. well-known chef Gordon Ramsay has encouraged citizens to eat horse meat on a regular basis.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Want to Try It?
Though banned in the U.S., you can always find a way to get to Asia or parts of Europe where horse meat is seen as a fine delicacy. Or, to save some time and money, find a horse slaughterhouse in Texas, where often times the meat is shipped out of the country for consumption, illegally of course.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

And is your horsey answer my horsey friend!!!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I don't see South Africa on that list?

*edit

Hmmm, definite FAIL potential here...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

There was a case against Spur, couple of years ago - according to my Bio teacher.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

There's a difference?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

They are both about horses...
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Who knows what the fetlock on a horse is? The coronet band? The frog?
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Under da hoovies! And no I did not google, my girlfriend is horse mad!
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

It is about horses...
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

What a day for me and my friends - 1 fellow grade 10 and another grade 8 girl. We both went to help at this horse show meant for beginners - and boy oh boy - were some stunning horses!!! There were 2 really fit and strong horses with veins sticking out like vines on their bodies...You're probably thinking that they are ugly - but they look really cool after a while!!! There were others from my school also helping out - we went together as a group. 1st started off with setting up the jumping course and once that was started we had make sure we adjust the height of each pole as the riders progressed... After a really long time, while the others were just sitting around, we went to go look at some horses - man was my grade 10 so happy when he saw this one particular horse - he kind of bonded really well with the animal!!! Was really nice to him like that! He was so happy - he wanted to groom the horse - after I taught them how to groom and which brushes to use - while eating a sandwich we walked around and couple of hours of walking and helping set up the cross-country course - we had to go and judge two jumps in the cross-country - which lasted ages... After that we went to go chill at the four star guest house which is joined to this horse farm - from their we went to wimpy and went home....Just got home at about, I think 17:30..I don't know.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

sounds like fun, hard work but pure enjoyment and pleasure.... :)
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

I am sooooo tired...
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

I can't help but shake my head every time I see the title of this thread... I can't imagine an "equestrian" thread being about anything except horses :lol:

Now to be a bit more on-topic, the wife is a big horse lover and we had some grand dreams of maybe owning a few one we got here to the UAE... some Arabians in time maybe... but alas, horses in the UAE is definitely a game for the ultra-rich here it seems...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

What did u expect here? Cheap horses....No way! Though my one friend yesterday at the competition said that there is a horse at one of the SPCAs for 400 hundred rand, mind you - that horse is a thorough bred... Racing horse!!!
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

OK guys, dont laugh - but how about this: me and 2 friends starting a part-time grooming business?
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

i agree.... and if you can do something that you love and are good at it and can make money.... then by all means do it!!

for all the horse lovers...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

What about this: horses vs sedans but offroad - which one offers the more comfortable ride?
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Rajiv wrote:What about this: horses vs sedans but offroad - which one offers the more comfortable ride?
depends is it hot ?