Honeymoon ideas?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Honeymoon ideas?

Post by Anakha56 »

Greetings All,

As the majority (maybe minority soon to be majority) know last year I popped the question. Biggest mistake of my life but thats for another thread :P. So now I have to arrange this thing called a honeymoon and I need ideas please? I kinda used up all the romantic in me when I did the whole proposal by sunrise on a beach, took a lot of planning that did. Hence the reason why i am asking the forum for help, what is romantic and not clichéd? For example Mauritius is clichéd and friggin expensive. I should also mention that my budget is my salary and CC which after taking into account that the CC is maxed thanks to the ring = just my salary. Oh and this will only happen in December time frame since she is planning the wedding to be late November early December. And I should probably mention she enjoys her mountains while I enjoy the beach so a compromise would be bril :).

/sits back and watches the fun :).
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Honeymoon ideas?

Post by Stuart »

Durban.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Anakha56 wrote:And I should probably mention she enjoys her mountains while I enjoy the beach so a compromise would be bril :).
Somewhere down by my part of the world would be the perfect compromise that also fits within your budget. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
garp

Post by garp »

Isn't Thailand a fairly cheap holiday destination? and its got beautiful mountains and beaches...
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

South America, maybe you can fund it through drug money or something.

I guess if you like mountains and the beach maybe somewhere like Somerset West although the water is cold, otherwise you could try plettenburg bay.
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

@Garp: err... the plane tickets aint....

will think about it and get back to you...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
jee

Post by jee »

Ron2K wrote:
Anakha56 wrote:And I should probably mention she enjoys her mountains while I enjoy the beach so a compromise would be bril :).
Somewhere down by my part of the world would be the perfect compromise that also fits within your budget. ;)
Yip, you can stay with Ron.... :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

In fact, I'm going to go a step further and suggest a particular place:

Storms River Mouth, Tsitsikamma National Park. My favourite place in South Africa by far. You'll probably have to book well in advance though.

Here's the location on Google Maps. ;)
jee

Post by jee »

garp wrote:Isn't Thailand a fairly cheap holiday destination? and its got beautiful mountains and beaches...
actually garp, that is a brilliant idea ;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

@ garp Thailand is being considered however it has one drawback (according to her) her eldest brother lives there... :P

@ Ron Table Mountain / Cape area also a option not really thought about it. Will take a look at your link later tonight...

@ jee Only if Ron moves in with KK for 5 days... :twisted:

Thanks for all the replies so far. Getting so much more ideas than sitting at my desk with Google as a friend...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

KNysna Garden route.

THink of it this way. For the price you'll pay for a low class honeymoon outside of SA you can have a high class one inside SA.

And congrats A. =) our lil boy is becoming a man :')
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Siemens wrote:KNysna Garden route.
... which he can easily incorporate into my suggestion. ;)
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Ron2K wrote:
Siemens wrote:KNysna Garden route.
... which he can easily incorporate into my suggestion. ;)
Oh I didnt see that !? Tsitsikama thing place is also really romantic. The Eastern Cape is actually made of win. The people, the places and the atmosphere.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Ok, so I went to Mauritius for honeymoon and yes, there were A LOT of other honeymooners, but the thing is, we did not go there for the romantic stuff. We enjoy the ocean and outdoors. There were a boat load of things to do and we enjoyed our week there.

We paid a lump sum (REALLY not that expensive) and everything was included. The only time I opened my wallet was for gifts for the peeps at home.

But you have already decided against that.

Here is another nice place to go for. We went there this weekend. It's called Leopard Mountain Lodge. Set in the Rhino Reserve, this place is amazing! The wife surprised me with a weekend away. Rooms are flippen nice.

Take a look. http://www.leopardmountain.co.za/
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Not to trivialize this important first step into marriage, but did you by any chance watch the Top Gear Vietnam special? Fantastic scenery, with beaches and mountains all over and some friendly people (as far as I could tell).
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Apparently Vietnam is also beautiful and cheap
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

If you go to Vietnam, please take me with. I won't bother you guys, promise... :roll: In fact, I think I'll stay there.

Vietnam Tourism images.

Wow! :shock:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

My one mate when backpacking through Vietnam and Thailand and he said Vietnam was his favorite holiday ever. I also really wana go, just don't wear you Uncle Sam T-shirt!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Perth, Australia... lovely 45 degree weather, high chance of beautiful bushfires and a multitude of poisonous ants, spiders, snakes and scorpions to keep you entertained for hours.

I know a place with free room and board... BTW those aren't camera's on the ceiling, they are smoke detectors - in case you wondered.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

This is a family forum, I will email you instructions.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: I am scared of this email :lol: Also would have expected the good doctor to say that not lance! :shock:

I have actually found quite a nice place however due to some minor nudity (very tame but still against the rules) on the site I cant post the link but will give the name of the place: Timamoon.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

the most seductive lodge on the planet......
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Looks stunning :). BTW Lance still waiting for your email :). Do you need me to remind you what it is? You did create it for me after all :).
vettie28

Post by vettie28 »

Hi. I'm thinking about going to Cape town for honeymoon. Is there anything fun to do there?

And the Vietnam idea here, does one require a visa. Where can a person see which countries require visa or not.

Finally, does anyone have experiences with cruise ships?

Thnaks
vettie
senile

Post by senile »

IcePick88 wrote:Ok, so I went to Mauritius for honeymoon and yes, there were A LOT of other honeymooners, but the thing is, we did not go there for the romantic stuff. We enjoy the ocean and outdoors. There were a boat load of things to do and we enjoyed our week there.

We paid a lump sum (REALLY not that expensive) and everything was included. The only time I opened my wallet was for gifts for the peeps at home.
Is it better to take cash from SA than to withdraw it from an ATM over there?