"Reprocessed" chicken?

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: "Reprocessed" chicken?

Post by wizardofid »

Prime, put a pork chop in a dish and pour some Coke on it. After about an hour come back and check on your chop, then post your findings here.
Well actually do it with any piece of meat, carbonic acid doesn't do much expect maybe discolour the meat, as the PH scale is about 2.4 to 4.2 depending on which coca-cola product you are using.....
Hydrochloric acid on the other hand is pretty good stuff that will corrode a nail faster than coke can. And guess what hydrochloric acid gets produced by none other than your stomach usually about 2.0 on the PH scale. One enzyme pepsis and found in your stomach works a little too well and actually fully capable of digesting you stomach, at a PH level of around 1.6.

So I don't know what you are trying to prove by pouring coke onto cooked meat.In actual fact coke on meat is a excellent meat tenderizer.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Thats fake
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Really, well it's not like it stopped me eating pork anyway.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

jamin_za wrote:Thats fake
+1
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Where did we get any of it back? Everything just becomes more expensive every time there's one of these fines.
You don't read the news or have a vague understanding of it.The 500 million that has to be paid, is over some thing like a 5 year period, technically speaking the producer and the reseller are the ones you should be passing on the savings of said fine onto the end consumer.

Now unfortunately those savings may be as little as 50c for example, which means that the price of said product will be reduced in production cost, it does not however mean that your actual produce will be cheaper pending shipping costs ect.

It means however that the price of the produce will have a steady increase year on year and not a rapid increase based on yearly increases normally found in the production sector.

You have to take into consideration that we had a decline production of both flour and maize this year, which means that importation of both produce is needed to replace the produce deficit.Which resulted as much as a 10 rand increase of 10 kg's of flour and maize to a lesser extent as it is government subsidize.

So unfortunately you have a cancellation effect.The only benefit you have out of the 500 million is not getting slapped with a increase right away.

500 million is not much to the end consumer, but it does have the required effect on the producer.As none of their senior staff and middle management is getting any year end incentives nor are the senior staff getting new stock options ect,

Perhaps I some how failed economics or I don't know what I am talking about.Either way, there is no point in making statements if you can't back it up. :wink:
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Why's there worms in that coke? I'm never drinking coke again!
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

-Prometheus- wrote:
wizardofid wrote:Perhaps I some how failed economics or I don't know what I am talking about.Either way, there is no point in making statements if you can't back it up. :wink:
Still sounds backwards to me. The whole reason for the fines is to prevent anti-competitive behaviour. But if they pay the fines they will recoup it somehow. Perhaps I fail to see the economics here but I don't see where the reduction in production cost comes from.

I might be buying at the wrong place then as after the bread makers were fined the price of bread didn't come down and went up shortly after that. So you may say like in the case of tiger brands R500m back to the consumer but the consumer's experience is generally the opposite.
The only thing that proves is that there as too many people with video cameras. It would have been more convincing if they didn't cut away or used something that actually looks like real worms. :p
Yeah you got that right, you fail....not in the mood to explain this in detail, nor will it be on topic.
Maybe some one else will be willing to explaining, production deficits and the resulting importation costs, which results in prices increases on produce, which results in whether or not you use a local product to make something irrelevant.Maybe some one will explain that we had a average food increase of around 11% and countries outside our border as much as 22% increase in food prices.Economics is a fine art, 500 million doesn't mean they are going to slash bread prices by 5 rand.It means that the increase you will find on bread will not be 11%, still doesn't mean there will be drastic price reductions.

So what that 500 million is doing instead of paying R1.20 more you are paying R0,80 more for example.This year was a triple whammy year, eskom increases, petrol increases, and yearly product increases.

Do you understand why produce increases yearly ?

Perhaps I will send you a PM explaining when I feel like it....not today on my way out
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »