Difference between men and women.

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Re: Difference between men and women.

Post by jee »

Yay or nay to what?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

jee wrote:Yay or nay to what?
you know what i mean!!!

but to the fact if they like you or not... and not beat around the bush with the answer... but to be straightforward!!!
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
jee

Post by jee »

men will never be like that - they are too scared to tell you they like you incase the see someone "nicer"
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

jee wrote:men will never be like that - they are too scared to tell you they like you incase they see someone "nicer"
Or, probably more commonly, because they are scared of rejection. Women have most of the power after all.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

jee wrote:men will never be like that - they are too scared to tell you they like you incase the see someone "nicer"
all will never know unless you take the plunge and ask/say the words...
KALSTER wrote:Or, probably more commonly, because they are scared of rejection. Women have most of the power after all.
so you want women to take the first step and say how they are feeling or ask the guy out..... i mean it is the new SA and girls are now asking guys to marry THEM instead of the other way around.....
don't you think that, should the girl ask/say anything, that she is scared of rejection and making a fool of herself??
jee

Post by jee »

KALSTER wrote:
jee wrote:men will never be like that - they are too scared to tell you they like you incase they see someone "nicer"
Or, probably more commonly, because they are scared of rejection. Women have most of the power after all.
nope, women have the same (if not more emotional) feelings and fears... and have been told that the man should do the talking... first
jax_Reload'd

Post by jax_Reload'd »

KatrynKat wrote: don't you think that, should the girl ask/say anything, that she is scared of rejection and making a fool of herself??
What's the big deal? That's what we have to go through our whole lives.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

so you want women to take the first step and say how they are feeling or ask the guy out..... i mean it is the new SA and girls are now asking guys to marry THEM instead of the other way around.....
don't you think that, should the girl ask/say anything, that she is scared of rejection and making a fool of herself??
I am just saying that men are also scared of rejection. I personally wouldn't mind if women were more proactive vocally, because I am terrible at reading body language. I am interested in strong women.
nope, women have the same (if not more emotional) feelings and fears... and have been told that the man should do the talking... first
Sure, but women are the ones that usually make the choice if they are interested. Guys usually "hunt" and the women decide if they want to get caught. Personally I want a mutual relationship where no one person is in control, which is the case most of the time. I don't want to dominate anyone, nor do I want to be dominated. I am interested in openness, honesty, companionship and mutual respect. Unfortunately I am poor at playing games of innuendo or guessing games. Damn I'm an idiot. :mrgreen:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

jee wrote:men will never be like that - they are too scared to tell you they like you incase the see someone "nicer"
BULL!! :x Stereotype much? :roll:
KatrynKat wrote:don't you think that, should the girl ask/say anything, that she is scared of rejection and making a fool of herself??
And you shouldn't... why not, again? What makes you so special that you shouldn't be allowed to make a fool of yourself if you happen to meet 'that guy'? I keep forgetting :?
jee wrote:nope, women have the same (if not more emotional) feelings and fears... and have been told that the man should do the talking... first
Says who?
And again, why? So much for women equality :roll:
jee

Post by jee »

Syko huns, i'm an old fashioned gurl. I like a strong man. In fact, if i ever get into another relationship it will be a person that is stronger than me. I have never been scared to say how i feel about anyone. In fact, i asked Cath's father to marry me (that was about 29 years ago) - not that it worked out that well *sigh*

However I think it depends on the age - young and handsome guys will play the field - stay away from then. Older men are more fun to be with, and more relaxed in their own skins.

So Syko my sweet, in which category do you fall :D
jax_Reload'd

Post by jax_Reload'd »

We can't read women's minds and know that u like us. We just approach. It's 2010. There are no rules that say men must make the first move. Just as there are no rules that say that women must stay at home and cook and clean. In today's world, a home needs all the financial support it can get. Independent women rock!
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

jax_Reload'd wrote:We can't read women's minds and know that u like us. We just approach. It's 2010. There are no rules that say men must make the first move. Just as there are no rules that say that women must stay at home and cook and clean. In today's world, a home needs all the financial support it can get. Independent women rock!
i'm probably going to regret this.... but i agree.....!!
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

KatrynKat wrote:i'm probably going to regret this.... but i agree.....!!
So it suits you when independence is good, else you're comfortable hiding behind tradition (again, when it suits you)?
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Most people hover between the two. We generally have no idea what we want from day to day. *Sigh*
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

SykomantiS wrote:
KatrynKat wrote:i'm probably going to regret this.... but i agree.....!!
So it suits you when independence is good, else you're comfortable hiding behind tradition (again, when it suits you)?
ok, maybe yes...

but i have taken the plunge and have asked guys what they think about me and have asked guys out.... and i agree, it is not easy and never nice when you get rejected...

but to sum up this whole thing.... both men and women are scared to take the first step in fear of rejection and both think that the other should ask first, so, then, if this keeps happening, society will come to a stand still and no one will be dating anyone or getting married, they will all be single and friends....
jax_Reload'd

Post by jax_Reload'd »

KatrynKat wrote:
jax_Reload'd wrote:We can't read women's minds and know that u like us. We just approach. It's 2010. There are no rules that say men must make the first move. Just as there are no rules that say that women must stay at home and cook and clean. In today's world, a home needs all the financial support it can get. Independent women rock!
i'm probably going to regret this.... but i agree.....!!
Glad we're on the same page :mrgreen:
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

they will all be single and friends
With benefits...
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

KALSTER wrote:
they will all be single and friends
With benefits...
probably.... but for that to happen, someone has to approach someone....
or else they can just fall into bed with each other.....
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

or else they can just fall into bed with each other.....
A world wide orgy... :twisted:

But I agree. I wouldn't say we both expect the other to make the first move, but if you do nothing, usually nothing will happen. Just so long as women know that men are also pretty emotional beings, they are just often less adept at trying to make sense of them.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

oh we know that men are also "emotional beings"..... and do not take it for granted!!
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Some men are too emotional for their (and our) own good.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Yeah, now get me dam beer from the kitchen woman!!! or else I'm going to be all sad and stuff... :sad:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

emo much.....?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:emo:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Synthesis wrote:Yeah, now get me dam beer from the kitchen woman!!! or else I'm going to be all sad and stuff... :sad:
Me? Do the womanly thing? Are you nuts - you come with me and get your own beer :twisted: