Central Locking not working

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mr_Norris

Central Locking not working

Post by Mr_Norris »

Hello!

So about a year ago I got one of the autowatch alarm systems put in my car (which tied into my central locking).

What is supposed to happen is when the car is armed, the doors lock. And when switching the car on, the doors lock.

The doors aren't locking :(

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Ta!
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Central Locking not working

Post by Ron2K »

If you sit in the centre, you can lock all the doors!

:run4hills:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Our Honda does the same thing, but only when it wants to... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. :evil:
It's a buggy product if you ask me. It used to work fine. Would be interesting to see if someone has a solution.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

About a year ago..... Warranty?

Warranty or not, take it back where you got the autowatch thingie installed. They'll sort it for you. Otherwise any auto-electric should do.

Probably just a fuse.
Mr_Norris

Post by Mr_Norris »

Synthesis wrote:About a year ago..... Warranty?

Warranty or not, take it back where you got the autowatch thingie installed. They'll sort it for you. Otherwise any auto-electric should do.

Probably just a fuse.
It should be under warranty. I fear that the place I got it installed has moved, so I'll have to look at finding somewhere else. If I'm charged I'll be sad. Getting the hub, bearing and two discs replaced on my car today.

It's so frustrating though. No central locking means that my boot is always unlocked.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

why not use a key to lock it?
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Mr_Norris

Post by Mr_Norris »

KillerByte wrote:why not use a key to lock it?
No keyhole.

The stock central locking locked all doors, including the boot (when locking the driver door).
naughty

Post by naughty »

it could be that the master motor that you find on the drivers door is possibly the culprit - considering that an entire central locking kit is around 800 bucks to R1,5k i think it shouldnt cost more than 200 to 300 bucks for a new one at the most (not sure what they will charge on labour)

the other thing is that maybe its not totally shot - it might have just slipped loose so it stops working - you should get it checked out by some alarm people - maybe they will just be able to open your door cards and check the wiring etc - and if its something small they will only charge you labour for the time spent probably around 100 to 150 bucks
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor