The Problem with Bates

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: The Problem with Bates

Post by wizardofid »

Well the best solution is to get another one....:evil: No seriously get another one maybe female might help...

If all else fails...there is a reliable tried and trusted consumer product...and I will post it again
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

so your plan is to see me slaughtered in my sleep, should i accidentally nod off on the couch? we're talking about a vicious animal well known to be focused on bonking/biting everything in existence and you would advise me to insert something up its cloaca? :shock:

i'm not even going to mention the mental agony i suffered at the thought of allowing this thing to spread its genes! that's bordering on dabbling in armageddon!

let's not forget this is a male... the idea of sharing this house with a female mongoose is filed under "bowel loosening terror"... my mind simply cannot comprehend the horror of both at the same time, (admittedly, the cats would thank you).

i'm back to pointy stick because the toaster shorted when i tossed it in the pool.... and i'm too much of a cheapskate to invest in an axe, (which is probably a little too violent anyway).

i may send a letter to PETA about this. if anyone knows about disciplining animals it's them..

<edit>
oh, sod... i hear snuffling and scratching at the door... saw him sniffing around the pool after the splash... i think he knows!
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Seriously though, mongeese (is that the plural?) aren't stupid and they are very social animals. Once you teach it to associate a tone of voice with some sort of punishment, it might be conditioned into stopping when you tell it to, though it is fully grown already looks like. Electrifying the water bowl won't create an association between what it is doing wrong, your voice and the punishment.

:idea: Remote controlled shock collar!

HERE is one on eBay for R137.50 with shipping included.

Cat Carrier: :lol:
Last edited by KALSTER on 06 Jul 2010, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

advise me to insert something up its cloaca?
um yes or at least breaking its paws beforehand.....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

The fact that no-one has yet come up with the idea of having this hellspawn's dangly bit surgically removed surprises me, though, perhaps, it shouldn't. Probably Retard of the Month material.

I take it that you have donned a sturdy pair of gloves and put on your most resilient clothing before clouting him with some rolled up newspaper [possibly dipped in a strong Valium solution] and sternly declaring "No!" or "Bad boy!" when next you catch him In flagrante delicto.

If all else fails, research Frontal Lobotomy. ;-)
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

:lol: awesome thread :lol:
In the opening of the OP, I thought you and I were related - my gran is nuts with animals too.

The stun-gun was a good idea, with great potential. Now, imagine it could be used from a distance...

Wait...what's this?

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/23507011 ... TANCE.html

I've never really paid much attention to mongeese, but check this out...

That's scary man....scary
Last edited by UrBaN on 06 Jul 2010, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
to ápeiro anima
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

cloaca
Mammals don't have them, noob. :P
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Prime

Post by Prime »

Is he neutered?

Cousins had a meerkat with the same sort of tendencies. Give it stuff to chew and Food. They get aggressive quite easily but with if you learn to handle and read them, they make fantastic pets.

Buy welding gloves for handling it.
jee

Post by jee »

Stuart wrote: Alternatively, give it to jee. That should cure it in no time.
True, i know them well.
They love eggs, and it keeps them busy, and takes their attention off ANYTHING
Word of warning - unless outside, it might be a bit messy....
they make delighful pets.

oh, and for the weekend of the 17th, hamin huns, i will rehouse my spiders as well. :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

rustypup wrote: Now, the issue is clearly this: How does one go about disciplining Satans' bootblack?
Why the heck don't you just set the little bugger free? :roll:

As an aside though - who's legs are those hairy monstrosities? Someone due for a 'neutering by mongoose'?

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarPhoenix wrote:research Frontal Lobotomy
:lol: certainly wouldn't trust myself to get this right... and any errors would result in physical signs more damning than the drugging of the water...rhood to his evil machina
UrBaN wrote:That's scary man....scary
wait until it's savaging your safety boot... then you will know the meaning of true fear....
KALSTER wrote:Mammals don't have them
quite, but what a wonderfully expressive word it is... and handily bypasses the forums filters.... :wink:
Prime wrote:Is he neutered?
well, we've tried twice... he somehow managed to remove the tiny rubber bands, and his hearing is apparently attuned to any device intended to divorce him from his gonads, be it a set of nail clippers or gardening shears...
jee wrote:they make delighful pets
if by delightful you mean hellbent on reducing the other occupants of the house to blubbering sacks of terrified meat, then yes... delightful :cry:
doo_much wrote:Why the heck don't you just set the little bugger free?
you would have me expose the entire neighbourhood to his evil machinations?! what sort of monster would i have to be to commit such an act of terror? :shock:

**for those who haven't twigged yet, there is no mongoose and i don't make a habit of drowning animals.. and the hairy legs were randomly picked from the internets, so you ladies can stop fantasizing...

pointy stick is still the most effective... i have begun hoarding sticks and have invested, after some wrangling for suitable discount, in a second-hand boxcutter with an almost rust-free blade with 3 segments!... quite the bargain...

i find myself camped in the bathroom because Anakha56's grease plan has resulted in his being able to squeeze through the window slats.... :/...

today's problem would therefore be the acquisition of sustenance...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

quite, but what a wonderfully expressive word it is... and handily bypasses the forums filters
Indeed. :) I have a dog named kloak. Nobody knows what it means of course. :wink:
today's problem would therefore be the acquisition of sustenance...
:idea:
1)You have a thing in your house that might force you to reconsider the existence of Satan.
2)You are going to get hungry.

1 + 2 = free :)

**liar**
Last edited by KALSTER on 07 Jul 2010, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

toothpaste does not agree with me...

the boss's ridiculously expensive conditioner, which smells like a beer factory and tastes like tingly death, is a hopeful supplement - if i read these ingredients correctly...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

How about while it is asleep you put a big ring of industrial glue around him, then wake him up and taunt him to run toward you. once he hits the glue he will not be running anywhere anytime soon. Then get him put in a full body cast with glue in the leg area's. Everyone will be safe and he will not be going anywhere... :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Anakha56 wrote:get him put in a full body cast with glue in the leg area's.
you are both a disturbingly depraved individual and a genius!

but i suspect that a certain someone would notice the sudden appearance of a full-body cast, whereas pointy stick leaves very little evidence...

speaking of which, i suck at whittling and can now add "bleeding profusely from 'friendly stabs' " to the list of daily challenges..

i would caution against aftershave as a disinfectant...
capanno

Post by capanno »

I love Bates.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Ratex?If you can endure the suffering...

Two step also works well.....

Baptize Satan....?
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Baptize Satan....?
Yeah, pour holy water on it and watch it's flesh boil. :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

rustypup wrote: but i suspect that a certain someone would notice the sudden appearance of a full-body cast, whereas pointy stick leaves very little evidence...
Then go to the extreme, close off all vents of the full body cast and tell the certain someone that you made a paper-weight replica because he beloved ran away. That should work ;) :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Get another Mongoose from the bush, prod it's rectum with a stick until it is enraged and then let it loose in the vicinity of Bates.
Hopefully they will kill each other and not only provide an end to your torment, the spectacle should produce a few minutes of satisfying viewing pleasure.
Just make sure your rival mongoose is male - or else you might find your problem multiplying...

Another solution - and one which I would have resorted to at the start of this malarkey - would be to give your sister and her entourage of furry disease and misery the old heave-ho.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I think the problem is more with the people who adopted Bates!
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

capanno wrote:I love Bates.
then you, sir, are in league with the netherworld and shall be put to the torch once i have imbibed enough dutch courage, (ok, mouthwash), to put a foot out the door...
wizardofid wrote:Ratex?If you can endure the suffering...
wait.. for me or for... IT?... i realise this is purely academical as i've never been allowed near the stuff - primarily because i once used baking soda in place of flour, so this could be taken as a sign that i may accidentally flavour the fillet with strontium instead of salt... :roll:
KALSTER wrote:pour holy water on it and watch it's flesh boil
:shock: you're a witchfinder!? because, if that's the case, i'd like to report a sighting.... <looks pointedly at capanno...>
jamin_za wrote:Hopefully they will kill each other
this would require that i currently have access to:
  • i) the necessary bush, which happens to be their natural habitat giving them a natural +8 to MDK
    ii) the bravado required to intentionally approach my violent death..
following which, should the new one survive the confrontation, this would leave me at the mercy of another murderous sod who has just proven to be more vicious than the existing one!... gads, i'd sooner read twilight novels...

my whittling efforts have finally come to fruition... my pointy stick is a fine example of the craft, (if a little bendy in the middle), and test stabs at the loofah have produced some promising results...

i have had to retreat to the shower stall as satan's cats-paw has taken to herding jumping spiders, (i lost count at 30), under the door...
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

rusty !!! loved the read.. all I can say your sister is mad (but such is expected?)
**Cough family curse **cough
Temporary Absence
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Why don't you just make it disappear? Catch it by any means and then take it to a dam. Take your right hand and put it around it's head and hold the body with the left hand. In a quick and swift "squeezing the water out of a towel" motion, break it's neck.

Then tie it's lifeless body to a rock heavier than it and throw it in and let it sink to the bottom.

Go to a mates house that will cover for you as alibi. Claim the last time you saw him he was in his cage/place where you keep your mongoose.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

IcePick88 wrote:tie it's lifeless body to a rock heavier than it and throw it in and let it sink to the bottom.
:shock:
1) you're an xbox gamer
2) i would not let you within 1000 yards of my pet rock... that plan was far too detailed to be anything other than unsettling..

i say again, the point is to discipline this tiny terrorist, not murder!
Anthro wrote:your sister is mad
understatement of the millennium... but it's genetic, so that's fine...
as an aside, you're single... right?... just asking... no reason....