The Problem with Bates

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: The Problem with Bates

Post by Anakha56 »

rustypup wrote: i say again, the point is to discipline this tiny terrorist, not murder!
Are you sure? Murder does seem the best option... :whistling:

FYI Dont google "How to discipline a mongoose" you end with some interesting results, none p0rn0 but still something along the lines of mongoosemom is erm ... :?

rusty how good is your electronic skillz? You could make a electronic bracelet that when he gets out of hand or out of his zone he gets a good dose of sparky...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

rusty how good is your electronic skillz? You could make a electronic bracelet that when he gets out of hand or out of his zone he gets a good dose of sparky...
He can get one on eBay @ R137.50 with shipping included. :wink:

PS: I think more than a few of the contributors to this thread need to consider getting a pair of reading glasses. 8)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

KALSTER wrote:R137.50
i just blew the budget on a snazzy box cutter... this amount of spare capital would see me in the marie biscuits!...
KALSTER wrote:reading glasses. 8)
either i'm delirious with hunger, (i'm certainly feeling weaker), or those are sunglasses... or cool hand luke shades... i'm never entirely sure...
:glasses3: == reading glasses?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

wait.. for me or for... IT?... i realise this is purely academical as i've never been allowed near the stuff - primarily because i once used baking soda in place of flour, so this could be taken as a sign that i may accidentally flavour the fillet with strontium instead of salt... :roll:
Why would I want to give you ratex? The suffering you are getting now is enough...
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Chloroform.
Lots of Chloroform.

Then drop it off at the nearest zoo or SPCA branch.

I think jamin is onto something with his suggestion that you avoid visiting rustypuppette.

You are good at constructing arguments, are you not?
Surely you could persuade your imaginary sister to let
her menagerie free beyond suburbia. After that, buy her
an Xbox 360 and set her up on Live.

There is plenty of drinking water to be had in the bathroom, so you needn't worry about death by dehydration.
Going without food for another day or two should be manageable....else....why not order pizza and have it delivered through the window?
Last edited by StarPhoenix on 07 Jul 2010, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

rusty can I ask you a huge favour? May I please borrow Bates? I have a room full of managers and the master key to the building, you can see where I am going with this? :twisted:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Rusty wrote:
KALSTER wrote:reading glasses. 8)
either i'm delirious with hunger, (i'm certainly feeling weaker), or those are sunglasses... or cool hand luke shades... i'm never entirely sure...
:glasses3: == reading glasses?
I see this: 8) and think this: Image

:lol:

Suggestion x:

1)Buy a cheap stuffed toy (one that would look sexy to a beast from Hades)
2)Buy one of those gag shock pens

1 + 2 = fun for you and learning for the critter!
Last edited by KALSTER on 07 Jul 2010, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I have a hunch that Bates exists only in Rusty's imagination,as may his sister, or at least the version of her he has portrayed in this thread.

Are we being wound up? :scratch:

Suggestion x+n:

Persuade a Succubus to stalk the hellion.

They can be lots of trouble, can Succubi. :roll:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

On the other hand since you are hungry this would result in the best of both worlds......

Eat it ! Crab broth with succulent Cajun mongoose riblets on a bed of rice...
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

wizardofid wrote:On the other hand since you are hungry this would result in the best of both worlds......

Eat it ! Crab broth with succulent Cajun mongoose riblets on a bed of rice...
You are the second to suggest this. Viable option indeed.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Pitty google did not find any recipes....just some mongoose Wow thing...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I am pretty sure you can substitute ferret with mongoose...

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/jibber-j ... t7143.html
4 skinned ferrets
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Butter
1 cup Sherry
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 jar sliced mushrooms

Cover whole ferrets with flour, salt and pepper. Brown in melted butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat until nicely browned on all sides. Remove pieces from skillet and arrange in oven casserole with cover. When ferrets are browned, add 1 cup white wine or sherry to skillet. Then mix in 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, and 1 jar sliced mushrooms. Mix well and bring to boil, then pour over ferrets. Cover and bake in 325-degree oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until done and tender. Remove ferrets to serving platter and pour some of the sauce over, and serve the rest alongside. Serves 4.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

I don't think it's possible to discipline a wild mongoose.

The way I see it, you have two options:

Option A: You take it back to where it came from or release it into the wild.
Option B: Capture the mongoose and put it in a cardboard box. At least put some holes in the top to prevent it from suffocating.

Then you get something heavy like a old and not being used fridge. Hoist the fridge into the ceiling of the garage with a block and tackle and place the box under the fridge. With some trickery and Mythbusters ingenuity, release the fridge to drop onto the box with the critter in it.

Pros: Silent and instant death. The mongoose will never see it coming nor feel it.
Cons: Messy. The box will break open and spill the insides of the mongoose all over the floor. Cleaning up will be the worst part, but if you watch CSI enough, you will sure have some tips on how to get rid of all the red "cooldrink" on the floor without it being detected by some incredible UV light. Ammonia works a treat!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

IcePick88 wrote:I don't think it's possible to discipline a wild mongoose.

Option B: Capture the mongoose and put it in a cardboard box. At least put some holes in the top to prevent it from suffocating.

Then you get something heavy like a old and not being used fridge. Hoist the fridge into the ceiling of the garage with a block and tackle and place the box under the fridge. With some trickery and Mythbusters ingenuity, release the fridge to drop onto the box with the critter in it.

Pros: Silent and instant death. The mongoose will never see it coming nor feel it.
Cons: Messy. The box will break open and spill the insides of the mongoose all over the floor. Cleaning up will be the worst part, but if you watch CSI enough, you will sure have some tips on how to get rid of all the red "cooldrink" on the floor without it being detected by some incredible UV light. Ammonia works a treat!
Dunno if it's just me, but what part of dropping a fridge from the ceiling is silent? :?
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

SykomantiS wrote:
IcePick88 wrote:I don't think it's possible to discipline a wild mongoose.

Dunno if it's just me, but what part of dropping a fridge from the ceiling is silent? :?
I meant the mongoose will not make a sound when being crushed. :lol:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

What you will need:

1) 1 x U-bolt Image
2) 1 x long tent hook Image
3) 2 x bicycle tubes, cut to make two straight pieces of elastic.
4) An old central locking set with remote.
5) Some electrical cable.
6) A piece of corrugated iron
7) Piece of raw meat

Construction:

1) Fasten the U-bolt to the middle of the piece of corrugated iron.
2) Tie one end of each elastic to two upright structures, like two trees, about 4 meters up.
3) Fasten the other ends to the sides of the corrugated iron.
4) Hammer the tent hook into the ground half-way between the trees, but about 4 meters away from them.
5) Connect the central locking assembly to your car battery using the electrical cable.
6) Switch the central locking motor with pin to a closed position and insert the pin through the hole made by the tent hook.
7) Pull down the corrugated iron and hook the U-bolt under the pin of the central locking assembly.

Method:

1) Place the piece of meat on the corrugated iron and call loudly: "Bates! Bates! Din-din!"
2) Hide
3) Giggle like a maniac.
4) When he is in position, press the button of salvation.
5) Marvel at my genius.

Protip: This is a good opportunity to piss off annoying neighbours, so you might want to aim in their direction.
Protip 2: It might be a good idea to position a lasso around the meat, connected to a lit, good sized cherry bomb. You would not want it finding it's way back!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Anakha56 wrote:I am pretty sure you can substitute ferret with mongoose...

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/jibber-j ... t7143.html
4 skinned ferrets
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Butter
1 cup Sherry
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 jar sliced mushrooms

Cover whole ferrets with flour, salt and pepper. Brown in melted butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat until nicely browned on all sides. Remove pieces from skillet and arrange in oven casserole with cover. When ferrets are browned, add 1 cup white wine or sherry to skillet. Then mix in 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, and 1 jar sliced mushrooms. Mix well and bring to boil, then pour over ferrets. Cover and bake in 325-degree oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until done and tender. Remove ferrets to serving platter and pour some of the sauce over, and serve the rest alongside. Serves 4.

Not enough sherry...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Now scale these up a bit to say "Satan reincarnated in a form of a mongoose" size...sit back and enjoy the fun....

http://gizmodo.com/5029066/10-hilarious ... th-gadgets
jee

Post by jee »

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Yeah, they are cute but they can get very aggressive. They are very loyal though. :lol:

Get him a dog chew toy and get the rottie to drool all over it. should keep him occupied. :twisted:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Huh seems Bates is only good enough to be number 6 in this article:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18860_6- ... 2340k.html
6 Animals That Just Don't Give A ****
By Danny Vittore Nov 30, 2010 1,121,130 views

Some animals are boring, and that's fine: They're all gathering nuts or looking for mates or marking territory or some stupid ****. Hey, you know, whatever floats your boat, squirrel. We prefer the animals that just straight don't give a ****: the ones that punch sharks in the willy, ghost-ride somebody else's whip, beer-bong tequila and look you dead in the eye while plowing your girlfriend. Animals like:

#6. Mongoose
It's common knowledge that the mongoose and the snake are mortal enemies. And you'd think that statement is one-sided: On the one hand, you've got the very emblem of evil and sin -- a scaled, wriggling tube of poison, fangs and death. On the other hand you've got what looks like a cross between a rat and Prince Charles.

Read more about Bates by following the link. As with everything cracked.com please be aware of the fact that they use a strong amount of language ;).
Prime

Post by Prime »

Since someone send me a picture of their friends Cape grey mongoose, I was reminded of this thread 😂