The Series Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: The Series Thread

Post by KALSTER »

I am over Californication. I don't have any sympathy for that character left, which kind of ruins the appeal.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Molean

Post by Molean »

I still enjoy it, for me it is the crazy antics they get up to every episode...the show stopped becoming serious awhile back now...

I have also begun viewing "The Following". The first episode was rather lackluster, but has picked up quite nicely...however, I don't know how long the story can go on for...perhaps that is a good thing as it will either keep the audience guessing or it will flounder and be flushed down the loo like a dead goldfish...

The finale season of Spartacus has also started with a gory bang! With so such bloodthirst it feels as though I am watching the series through red tinted glasses...it is going swimmingly thus far and I am most intrigued to see how it is all going to end...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I cannot believe that you guys aren't watching Banshee yet.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Watched two episodes of Falling Skies and it is a bit meh.

Started The Walking Dead and it is pretty good. Busy with season 2 now.

Watched the launch episode of Beauty and the Beast and Kristen Kreuk is just pretty enough to keep my attention. I have a feeling it won't last though.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

KALSTER wrote:Watched two episodes of Falling Skies and it is a bit meh.
sounds like walking dead with aliens... or a little like that hunger games rip-off, revolution...

where's this on? series?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

It is on DVD. It has a similar vibe to Walking Dead, but it gets too sentimental at times. Not sure if Noah Wyle was the best choice for it. The special effects are also not the best.

Can't wait for Sherlock to start again.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

KALSTER wrote:Can't wait for Sherlock to start again.
This.

They start filming again this March, IIRC?
naughty

Post by naughty »

because they're all telling the same story using the same characters
absolutely nothing wrong with with that because you dont have to think very deeply about it - if i really wanted to be intellectually challenged then i would go back to school - as it stands when i watch TV i want to just sit on my Sofa and see some inane junk ... for example Masterchef Australia (the south african one is more irritating than it is entertaining and local idiots are not entertaining while the overseas idiots are :lol: )

other than for that i want to see lots of car chases or big explosions or people running around with bows and arrows in funny outfits getting rid of the people who corrupted their daddies - its all just good fun and nothing that i have to seriously think about and the most strenuous thought process i must experience during all of this nonsense is "hmm, i wonder if Gary is going to like that custard or whether Matt is going to slate it cos it has too much sugar" OR is the green arrow going to die cos his mom shot him? (while in all reality he is more likely to die while being run over by a car during the process of crossing the street though)
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:Watched two episodes of Falling Skies and it is a bit meh.
I started. Didn't hold my interest at all. Very cheesy, and bleh acting.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Watched first episode of "Arrow". I think the show is trying too hard.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Falling Skies gets better
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

So Game of Thrones started its third season. I already forgot who most of the people are.

On another note, still busy with Stargate, and I see now that SG-1 and Atlantis are a bit weird, with the plots mixing every now and then.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

SykomantiS wrote:So Game of Thrones started its third season. I already forgot who most of the people are.
Here you go. Comicbookgirl19... if I wasn't already involved.. and lived in the states... and had more of a stalker personality...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Molean

Post by Molean »

First Episode was really good! Keen for more...I did read that this season is only half of book 3.

Did anyone else think the Final episode to "The Walking Dead" was rather dismal? I mean it had one or two hectic moments, and then kinda floundered around like a fish out of water...oh wells...plenty more to view!

The final two episodes for the culmination of Spartacus is up in the next two weeks, can't WAIT to see the end.
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Watched the first 2 episodes of zero hour seems it can be interesting but probably more of the same
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

GreyWolf wrote:
SykomantiS wrote:So Game of Thrones started its third season. I already forgot who most of the people are.
Here you go. Comicbookgirl19... if I wasn't already involved.. and lived in the states... and had more of a stalker personality...
Thanks, I'll have to look at that outside of office hours.
Molean

Post by Molean »

So! How is everyone's series viewing going?

I am LOVING Game of Thrones! The past 2 episodes have been epic!

I stumbled onto an awesome lil British comedy series titled "Plebs" it is set in Ancient Rome and follows two plebs and their smarter than usual slave and all the mis-adventures they get up to. It has an "Inbetweeners" feel to it at times.

Really enjoying "The Following" "Bates Motel" and have yet to get into "Hannibal" properly (only viewed the first episode), but it has started with a bang!

Viewed the latest episode of "Supernatural" and my gosh the show is just chasing it's own tail. I really hope they kill the series soon, though I highly doubt they will as users keep on a watching...

"Vikings" is another period set series, delving into the lore and mythos of Vikings.

and slowly, but surely all the comedy series are coming to an end for this season...

My top 3 would have to be: Happy Endings, New Girl and Cougar town...

Looking forward to "True Blood" starting back up and of course, the holy grail of series...well mine anyway...DEXTER!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Molean wrote: Viewed the latest episode of "Supernatural" and my gosh the show is just chasing it's own tail. I really hope they kill the series soon, though I highly doubt they will as users keep on a watching...
The CW renewed Beauty and the Beast for a second season. Clearly, they are desperate. There's zero chance of them cancelling Supernatural given that level of desperation.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

For me, I'm still quite enjoying Arrow and Person of Interest. Some episodes of the Mentalist are quite decent, but it's getting increasingly long in the tooth now. They should never have resurrected Red John. I think I'm actually, as a general rule, enjoying Psych more than the Mentalist these days. Continuum has started again, which is a good thing. I still enjoy Bones and, of course, the Big Bang Theory.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Modern Family. I have not laughed like this in a long time.

After giving arrow another chance it is slowly growing on me. I still feel the lead character is trying a bit too hard.
- H. L. Mancken
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Watched the first episode of The Following last night, and it looks promising. Got Hannibal and Bates Hotel too, but I have yet to start watching them.
Molean

Post by Molean »

Viewed the Dexter finale the other day and I enjoyed it...I know a lot of peeps are giving it flak...but the ending was justifiable in my eyes...I am just so bleak it is now over :(
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Under the Dome is the new big thing. Really enjoying it - and no - it is not because of Junior.
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Oh come now Trib what other reason could you have to watch it :lol:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Tribble