need out... what do?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

need out... what do?

Post by Ark »

To cut a very long story short, I need out of a bad relationship, but I have no balls

How do you guys feel about ending a relationship over mxit?

To add some point to difficulty level, she's in the middle of writing exams

What do?
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
jee

Re: need out... what do?

Post by jee »

Ark, over mxit or via sms is just plain the coward's way.

Do it in person.
If you are worried about her writing exams, give it time until then and tell her its over.
Why do we always wait so long when we find out a relationship is not working?

If you can't do either, don't be surprised when the next relationship is a bad one....
however, there is never a good time to end a relationship for the other partner.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

jee wrote:Ark...
What she said.

Sterkte. It ain't ever easy. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

nope, never easy...
but what you do lives with YOU -
it molds you and makes you a man
or a despicable piece of donkey excrement...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Easier said than done.. I have tried the in person method before.. The moment I see tears, I buckle and take her back. I dunno why, but I'm too much of a softy.

Since I have to do in person and my lack of a scrotum makes it so much harder, any way I can make her break up with me?
16-bit Corpse
I like scrota.
Prime

Post by Prime »

jee wrote:nope, never easy...
but what you do lives with YOU -
it molds you and makes you a man
or a despicable piece of donkey excrement...
+1
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -road.html

Put that on her way home from University (I hope)
jee

Post by jee »

Ark huns, you will have to tell yourself " I REALLY want out"
I know how difficult it is when there are tears - and i know how much damage one does if one stays... not only to yourself but your partner.

Let me put it to you... there IS not easy way to break up with someone. Never ever has been, and never ever will be.
However, if you cannot do it in person.... i'm not so sure if i have an answer for your there - not one that i believe in.

All i can say is that as a woman, when a man does not have the courage to tell me in my face that he does not want me anymore i loose all respect for him - and often that loss of respect will go over into the male population in general. I know how terribly terribly hurt i was when i heard from someone else that my relationship was over....
I suppose it cuts both ways - men have feelings too :)
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

uh. Tell her it is over. And then walk away.

Maybe have a friend waiting unseen in the background for moral support.

Just grow a pair btw. They'll be useful for other activities in the future, so now is as good a time as any to grow them.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

It will not be easier if you make it take longer. But during exams is not a good idea. If she does badly - everyone will blame you. Wait until the last one is done an then do it in person. I hated breaking up but it is worse to string them along (done that too)

Good luck. It is never easy to end something - I should know.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Thanks guys.. Much appreciated
16-bit Corpse
I like scrota.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Scuse the triple post, stupid phone
16-bit Corpse
I like scrota.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

All good, fixed up ;-)
Just be calm and collected about it and let her go mate
Temporary Absence
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

I never understood the Mxit culture. How you can discuss serious matters in sms-speak is totally beyond me. If you have to say something that is serious, you tell someone the basics in person and give them a letter or even an email that explains the detail so that there can be no miscommunication.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Nuke wrote:I never understood the Mxit culture. How you can discuss serious matters in sms-speak is totally beyond me. If you have to say something that is serious, you tell someone the basics in person and give them a letter or even an email that explains the detail so that there can be no miscommunication.
Not everyone who uses mxit uses sms speak.

I use mxit a lot, and the only things that could remotely be considered sms speak that i use are acronyms such as wtf, afaik and such. And 90% of my mxit contacts also use proper english and avoid sms speak like the plague
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Nuke wrote:I never understood the Mxit culture. How you can discuss serious matters in sms-speak is totally beyond me. If you have to say something that is serious, you tell someone the basics in person and give them a letter or even an email that explains the detail so that there can be no miscommunication.
I love sweeping statements, almost as much as I hate sarcasm.

Not everyone who uses Mxit, tlks lyk ths. I certainly don't, and nor do any of my contacts.

Now put your cellphone down and go get some fresh air, before the microwaves nuke any more of your braincells.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

It's the kind of thing you just don't do over the phone, web or any other form of communication. EVER. It's a face to face thing.
jee wrote:Ark, over mxit or via sms is just plain the coward's way.

Do it in person.
If you are worried about her writing exams, give it time until then and tell her its over.
Why do we always wait so long when we find out a relationship is not working?

If you can't do either, don't be surprised when the next relationship is a bad one....
however, there is never a good time to end a relationship for the other partner.
Monty wrote:uh. Tell her it is over. And then walk away.

Maybe have a friend waiting unseen in the background for moral support.

Just grow a pair btw. They'll be useful for other activities in the future, so now is as good a time as any to grow them.
To my mind, that would be best, and quickest. But it's never easy.

If you want this bad enough, you'll find a way.
Good luck.
Prime

Post by Prime »

SykomantiS wrote:It's the kind of thing you just don't do over the phone, web or any other form of communication. EVER. It's a face to face thing.
Unless you are doing long distance, but thats a whole other kettle of fish.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Prime wrote:

Not everyone who uses Mxit, tlks lyk ths. I certainly don't, and nor do any of my contacts.

Now put your cellphone down and go get some fresh air, before the microwaves nuke any more of your braincells.
Hmm guess that people I see on Mxit it a whole different bunch then. Even people I work with I sometimes wonder about, because trying to read a message they show me on Mxit is a nightmare.
Last edited by Stuart on 24 May 2010, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed "cleverly" disguised profanity.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Nuke wrote:
Prime wrote:

Hmm guess that people I see on Mxit it a whole different bunch then. Even people I work with I sometimes wonder about, because trying to read a message they show me on Mxit is a nightmare.
You don't need a full qwerty keyboard to type properly. :P

I won't respond to or read any message that doesnt resemble English or Afrikaans. I will actually delete or block anyone who sends me garbage. I apply the same rules to FB.
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

+1 Monty

Just because it's an IM, doesn't mean you are forced to type/speak like a retard
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

Prime wrote:
SykomantiS wrote:It's the kind of thing you just don't do over the phone, web or any other form of communication. EVER. It's a face to face thing.
Unless you are doing long distance, but thats a whole other kettle of fish.
Yeah. I "dated" a PCF forum girl for 2 years, long distance. That's even worse
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I'm with jee.

I don't want to sound nasty, Ark, but in this situation, you'll just have to grow a pair and do it the painful way :( The end of a relationship is never an easy thing :( I know what it's like to be the guy who ends a relationship. It's never an easy thing. I've actually never been through that without crying, myself.

You absolutely can NOT do it the mxit way. That's just not an option. If you have any respect at all, you'll do it in person. When she gets upset, tell her you're sorry. DON'T take her back.

Sorry you have to go through this dude :(
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I took the cowards way out once - never again. I was in grade 11 and he was in the air-force. I did not want to break up during basics as he was having a tough time of it. Then he was sent to the border and I felt sorry for him again and left it. I left it for over 6 months. It was easy - I hardly ever saw him. I then wrote a letter. Huge mistake. You think you have worded it right, done the best not to hurt him - but the letter is what does the hurting. For months I had him ranging between being angry with me and begging me to give him another chance. It dragged on for ages. He would rock up drunk and bang on the door. My dad threatened to call the cops. Yes - he was unstable and that was one of the reasons I wanted to call it off. But I think the way I handled the breakup made it worse.

Be honest - but kind. And let her know there is no chance of a do-over. Don't use the usual lines like "it's not you, it's me". And good luck - I am glad I am not in your shoes.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

If you're mature enough to be in a relationship then you're mature enough to be honest and upfront with the person. And as horrible as this sounds, maybe just hang in there until after exams - I don't feel it's fair she should fail because of an emotional situation because your feelings for her have altered.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]