Is her gay friend a threat?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Screeper

Re: Is her gay friend a threat?

Post by Screeper »

Ark - sorry to hear that dude.

Head on over to the Love? thread and vent if you feel the need.. It helped me a bit..
http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic. ... &start=585
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Well I have several stories to add to this debate/thread/'lol central part of the forums'.

I have a female mate who has gay friends and they have hit on me. Currently I am friends with the one who if bi and would do me in a second. He is rich and very weird. Trying to get him hooked up with someone so he can get laid and shut up (Jamin? :lol: ). He does not slap her bum, nor does he try anything funny. She has limits to her body.

I have been reading the game by Neil Strauss which documents his experience with a pick up artist called mystery (Reality TV show coming soon...yes really) and it's scary. He learns how to pick up play boy center folds from coffee houses-something people in these forums can not even dream about. It's too much for them to even consider.

I wanted to learn how to do this. I no longer do*. I decided to do some 'sarging' or chatting up women using some techniques that I had heard of. It was a social experiment of such. Seeing the relative ability of my mind to socially interact with women after a year of a relationship and a book on the way girls think. How they really think. Problem was my techniques were frail and the women I tried it on, Memory, was quite intelligent. I got pawned but I learnt something. After much chit chat, that went much much better then previous times with a women, I wanted to see her hands because touching is a form of bonding and trust but you use examples of basic magic tricks using psychology to prove yourself right. After I had touched her hands I could see she was thinking although I thought nothing of it. Mistake. Her blond friend then sat down and questioned my motives. I told her the above and she made it clear that I should not interact with a women if it would upset my girl friend.

I went quiet and then I agreed. It was this line of respect not only for my girl but also myself and the target. It was this eye opener to harmless flirting that, even if the other person in the relationship didn't know about, is still trust that has been broken. Why are you flirting if you are happy? What happens if you get incredibly attracted to each other and made something of it as many of my friends did?

Slapping of ones partners bottom is completely blowing the whole trust line away, not just breaking it.
My girl told me a guy tried to pinch her bum when she went to the loo, when we were heading home from the pub.
I was angry for him even trying.

*Mystery and half of the other people in the book try to kill themselves.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Frozenfireside, that was the most disjointed, hard to follow, convoluted and diasporic post I have read in a long time.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, but this is the gist I got:

Gay and bi guys hit on you, then you read a book where pick-up artists get girls and then kill themselves. So you try to emulate them (should have just skipped ahead to killing yourself). But then you discover you have a hand fetish (feet are better) while talking to an intelligent woman (more fiction).

Wow.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

:lol:

Nicely summarised!
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Just to be on topic "Is her gay friend a threat?" in hind sight I would say yes :?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Frozenfireside wrote:I have been reading the game by Neil Strauss which documents his experience with a pick up artist called mystery (Reality TV show coming soon...yes really) and it's scary. He learns how to pick up play boy center folds from coffee houses-something people in these forums can not even dream about. It's too much for them to even consider.
Girls with ego's are easy to "pick up".
The series has already happened, we're just a bit behind times with our series.
Frozenfireside wrote:I wanted to learn how to do this. I no longer do*. I decided to do some 'sarging' or chatting up women using some techniques that I had heard of. It was a social experiment of such. Seeing the relative ability of my mind to socially interact with women after a year of a relationship and a book on the way girls think. How they really think. Problem was my techniques were frail and the women I tried it on, Memory, was quite intelligent. I got pawned but I learnt something.
You were doing it wrong then.
Frozenfireside wrote: After much chit chat, that went much much better then previous times with a women, I wanted to see her hands because touching is a form of bonding and trust but you use examples of basic magic tricks using psychology to prove yourself right. After I had touched her hands I could see she was thinking although I thought nothing of it. Mistake. Her blond friend then sat down and questioned my motives. I told her the above and she made it clear that I should not interact with a women if it would upset my girl friend.
You should probably read Mystery's book, David DeAngelo's beginners books and such. The Game is more about the life of PUA, not how to do it.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

jamin_za wrote:Frozenfireside, that was the most disjointed, hard to follow, convoluted and diasporic post I have read in a long time.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, but this is the gist I got:

Gay and bi guys hit on you, then you read a book where pick-up artists get girls and then kill themselves. So you try to emulate them (should have just skipped ahead to killing yourself). But then you discover you have a hand fetish (feet are better) while talking to an intelligent woman (more fiction).

Wow.
lol Ok yeah but it sounded good in my head :oops:
Monty wrote:
Frozenfireside wrote:I have been reading the game by Neil Strauss which documents his experience with a pick up artist called mystery (Reality TV show coming soon...yes really) and it's scary. He learns how to pick up play boy center folds from coffee houses-something people in these forums can not even dream about. It's too much for them to even consider.
Girls with ego's are easy to "pick up".
The series has already happened, we're just a bit behind times with our series.
Frozenfireside wrote:I wanted to learn how to do this. I no longer do*. I decided to do some 'sarging' or chatting up women using some techniques that I had heard of. It was a social experiment of such. Seeing the relative ability of my mind to socially interact with women after a year of a relationship and a book on the way girls think. How they really think. Problem was my techniques were frail and the women I tried it on, Memory, was quite intelligent. I got pawned but I learnt something.
You were doing it wrong then.
Frozenfireside wrote: After much chit chat, that went much much better then previous times with a women, I wanted to see her hands because touching is a form of bonding and trust but you use examples of basic magic tricks using psychology to prove yourself right. After I had touched her hands I could see she was thinking although I thought nothing of it. Mistake. Her blond friend then sat down and questioned my motives. I told her the above and she made it clear that I should not interact with a women if it would upset my girl friend.
You should probably read Mystery's book, David DeAngelo's beginners books and such. The Game is more about the life of PUA, not how to do it.
*Yeah I know. My mate has the 2nd series.
**Yep I also know. It was interesting though. More of a learning exercise then anything else. I expected to crash and burn.
***I am trying to get hold of other books to read that will be more useful.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
jee

Post by jee »

This is experience speaking.

lived in a relationship where "open" was the buzz word.
i was born to flirt - and have done that almost without thinking
you get to believe that it is the way you want things, that you can live with it.
until one day, when you realise that you have been fobbing yourself.

no matter how much one wants to have friends with benefits
no matter how much you are in an open relationship
but there come a time on one's life where you need your partner to be there for YOU
where you don't MIND the jealousy
where it actually affirms your confidence.

no matter howmuch one wants to agree with killerbyte and Anakha's opinion, if you are truely honest within yourself - all of us want someone to want us just for themselves... not to be shared with anyone... not to share their attention for us with anyone... but just for ourselves.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Gee - lay off the booze...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

so dooh.. i'm not allowed to post the truth when i feel like it? hmmmmmm

*makes a note to revert back to moaning about sigs*
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Stu Pam is different hence the reason why I am happy to be with her :).

jee I agree with everything you said. Pam and I spend every weekend (soon to be every day) with each other hence the reason why she does not mind my MCP ways :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

jee wrote:so dooh.. i'm not allowed to post the truth when i feel like it? hmmmmmm

*makes a note to revert back to moaning about sigs*

Oh post ahead. :)

But a long post like that? Makes you sound like an even more sad specimen than I am.

And that is REALLY sad. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
jee

Post by jee »

dooh huns, have you never seen any of my long posts? :shock:
when i really want to say something, i do :)
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Ok Ok, I admit it...

I always thought I wasn't in the least jealous, but ...
Gee wrote:all of us want someone to want us just for themselves

might've struck a cord. :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

jee, you had me at friends with benefits...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: FwB would be awesome... *sigh* :P

/we should stop spamming Ark's thread...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Anakha56, why boss the question has been answered?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ark's problem is solved. No harm in turning this into a Seamoss thread. ;)