Discussion: Legalizing cannabis

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DeathPing

Re: Discussion: Legalizing cannabis

Post by DeathPing »

I have smoked my fair share pot in life. Fell into a "white death" twice - that was REALLY scary... and my friends laughed their arses off, except for the one girl that never smoked and helped me outside to get some fresh air.

Apart from that, I can't honestly say that I hated it or really loved it. But then, I am not really all that excitable... :dontknow: I never got hooked, but a few friends couldn't start or end their normal day without it and ended up smoking more than three times a day. Nowadays they seem to be more normal than me, I guess - which can definitely be attributed to them smoking more pot than me, how? For them, it was a costly, non-satisfying excercise with added health concerns.

Oh, and don't run that "use a hubbly bubbly/hookah coz it's so much safer" crap by me - been there, done that, got even more stoned...

However, try sitting just outside from a bunch of people that are smoking and then decide for yourself. If you can honestly say that you can go out, drive a car or respond in a really responsible manner if you are required to respond to a real life situation from your Cloud Nine, you are a much tougher cookie than I am. And you are a LIAR.

Legalization won't solve the problem, but I can see it making it much more accessible, thus creating an even bigger market. Remeber that you get Swazi and some other "good" stuff - and then you get the junk that has other stuff mixed into it - so... you like green tik?! *cof-cof! wheeze! groan!* And you would like if your kid(s) died from THAT stuff... and you would find a reputable dealer, where? The local Pharmacy?! :dontknow:
The keyboard is mightier than the pen!
When the last guitar string goes "Ping!", that is when Death will stop to sing...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Can't say I have ever had the desire to experiment with dagga. I don't even get drunk any more as I can't stand not being in control. It might be nice for a while, but not being able to "switch it off' would drive me crazy.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I like to be in control most of the time. I cannot think of the psychological trauma losing that much control would cause.
jee

Post by jee »

Question is - would you know you have lost control?

Kalster... not liking to loose control? you must have a boring sex life then :)
unless your K is significant :P
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
DeathPing

Post by DeathPing »

Sies, jee! :lol: Some of us are trying to smoke pot in here! :P And NO, you don't know that you have lost control - you feel that you have ALL the control, to be exact. But it is not true when you view it from the outside. :)
Last edited by DeathPing on 01 Oct 2010, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
When the last guitar string goes "Ping!", that is when Death will stop to sing...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ah jee - losing control in sex is different from losing control over your mind.
DeathPing

Post by DeathPing »

Tribble wrote:Ah jee - losing control in sex is different from losing control over your mind.
+1 trillion to that, sister! :mrgreen:

Oh, and it is basically as if the link between brain and body is (sort-of) severed - the electrical bits don't work so good. :mrgreen:
jee

Post by jee »

Chiresie, pot and sex are mutually inclusive ;)

Tribbs, I know a fair number of people who will NOT loose control, no matter for what reason - they will not smoke or drink, they will not allow themselves the trust of release with a partner, and they will never give an mm....

Logical, controlled people... but i think they must be not all that happy inside.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

No look - a certain amount of "letting go" is very beneficial - there would be no point unless you enjoy certain things completely. But yes - trust is an issue for a lot of people. But I am not sure drugs would let me let go in a good way. A lot of what I control - has to be controlled - or there would be anarchy :lol:
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

jee wrote:Question is - would you know you have lost control?

Kalster... not liking to loose control? you must have a boring sex life then :)
unless your K is significant :P
Haha! Add another a and another t to my name and what do you get? :)

Maybe choosing to lose control is still a form of control. :wink:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W