So I forced a cop off the road Friday morning...

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

So I forced a cop off the road Friday morning...

Post by Anakha56 »

So I left work at 04:30am this morning (night shift) and everything was going fine on my side, doing 100 and just chilling.

Well it was not to last, I got to a certain point on the freeway (passing our customer Toyota Prospecton) and I see a truck pull in front of the car in front of me (one of my co-workers) from an on-ramp. I decided that I had enough of going slow so I started increasing my speed, indicated right to get into the fast lane (dual lane freeway) and proceeded to overtake. When I completed the move into the freeway I noticed that someone quite some ways behind me was flashing his brights at me madly, I figured this idiot was probably late for a plane (since the airport is nearby) and carried on overtaking at 120km/h. As soon as the nose of my car was ahead of my co-workers this guy was right in my boot still flashing away. So I thought "Fcuk you" slammed my breaks, dropping me from 120 to about 60, which for him was a problem because he had a lot of momentum to get rid of and his brakes would not cut it. So his only option was to go right into grass ditch between the 2 ends of the freeway. My brain (top side) kicked into gear, realised that this a-hole is probably going to want a confrontation and I promptly started accelerating away. At this point I decided to take the off-ramp to go to the airport where a public presence might deter a fight if he followed. On the off-ramp I stayed in the middle just in case I wanted to go right back toward Toti rather than left for the airport, at this point I see in my rear view this idiot speeding toward me and at the last moment I pulled right. Due to the fact he was not expecting this he carried on going right and at the garage ahead of me I turned around and got back onto the freeway. Then just as I thought all my worries were over and as I am passing a on ramp my rear view goes bright so I cannot see in front or behind, then the light goes back to normal and the guy passes me to reveal a cop bakkie.

Got into work this evening (20:00) and my co-worker confirmed that it was a cop that went to mow the lawn when I slammed by brakes. Yes it was a stupid move on my part but the cop had no siren and no blue lights going so i had no way to identify that it was a cop behind me.

Just thought I would share my lovely experience with you lot :P

/maybe skidmarks is the relevant place for this hmmm...
Last edited by RuadRauFlessa on 20 Jul 2009, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title more descriptive
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
CapNemo

Re: So I forced a cop off the road this morning...

Post by CapNemo »

:lol: Boss that cop is an idjit wish someone will tell them they need to obey the road rules like everyone else unless they use their siren and lights so well done :thumbright:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I should add that I am guessing I dropped down to 60, I did have to drop to 4th to carry on without stalling so...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

So 60 was probably aiming it a bit high :wink:

But still, 20 internets and a cookie for you sir :lol:

I hate people who think they own the road. I would have done the same.
CountZero

Post by CountZero »

:mrgreen:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

If you do 120km/h in the fast lane you are the one that needs to go cut the grass, f***ing sunday driver :P
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

rofl Dude the limit is 120km/h in the fast lane, f***ing lunatic :P :lol:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

You know the 3rd lane on the freeway is not for driving, right? It's supposed to be for overtaking pole smokers who drive at 120km/h...

In Australia and the UK you will get fined if you drive in the 3rd lane. In the UK they have camera's every few km's and if they see you constantly in the 3rd lane they fine you.

Now GTFO my lane, gaylord!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

ROFL I can tell you have been drinking because your memory is ummm what shall I say faulty? First we live in S.A so AFAIK there is no rule stipulating that Second if you drive on the freeway to Toti passed Toyota Prospecton it is 2 lanes not 3.

So how about you take your sorry excuse of a racing car and wrap it around a tree k? :P Oh and obey the speed limit, idjit!

:lol:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Wooohooo road rage on a forum. That is certainly a new one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I agree the cop isn't right to be doing what he did but neither were you. It is right out dangerous and if he got into an accident, as in lost control, he could have implicated you in reckless endangerment. So yeah. On the other hand he probably couldn't get your plate number so enjoy the momentary triumph.
jamin_za wrote:You know the 3rd lane on the freeway is not for driving, right? It's supposed to be for overtaking pole smokers who drive at 120km/h...

In Australia and the UK you will get fined if you drive in the 3rd lane. In the UK they have camera's every few km's and if they see you constantly in the 3rd lane they fine you.

Now GTFO my lane, gaylord!
So if you want to drive like a lunatic go to Ozz or the UK. And it isn't actually like that in the UK. I have been there and their rules are pretty much the same as ours, thing is they tend to keep to them.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Re: So I forced a cop off the road Friday morning...

Post by Anakha56 »

Ruad from what I can tell the speed he was traveling at with no lights and siren is also reckless endangerment so its ( . ) for tat situation. I am just lucky he new how to brake...
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Wow - that must have got your blood pumping!
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Wooohooo road rage on a forum. That is certainly a new one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I agree the cop isn't right to be doing what he did but neither were you. It is right out dangerous and if he got into an accident, as in lost control, he could have implicated you in reckless endangerment. So yeah. On the other hand he probably couldn't get your plate number so enjoy the momentary triumph.
You can use the excuse, i was trying to slow down so i would have space to be able to move into the slow lane..

I really dislike the metro police: in the past week i've seen several jump stop streets, cut in at circles and just driving like the phallus-like objects they are.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
jee

Post by jee »

yes, and he could not have been a good driver and made the accident... and got hurt in the process... *sigh*

with the new point system i will probably not be able to drive by the end of the year...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Wooohooo road rage on a forum. That is certainly a new one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I agree the cop isn't right to be doing what he did but neither were you. It is right out dangerous and if he got into an accident, as in lost control, he could have implicated you in reckless endangerment.

What he said. :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:So if you want to drive like a lunatic go to Ozz or the UK.
You missed the gist entirely.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

... day could have ended much worse if the bakkies nose was planted right up the rear end of your car...

edit: Some useless info from the desert... here the speed limit is mostly 100km/h... but you only get fined from 120km/h and up... and the cameras only catch you from 160km/h and up... yup... so ask anybody thats lived here long enough how fast they can drive and the answer is invariably 150-160km/h... and they do...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jamin_za wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:So if you want to drive like a lunatic go to Ozz or the UK.
You missed the gist entirely.
No Jamin I din't. My point however being that if you want to needlessly endanger other ppls lives by driving like a tard and not keeping to the rules you are better off going to some place other than our public roads and risk your own life and not mine. It does not matter if the cops don't keep to the rules they are supposed to uphold. It is just plain wrong, self centered and irresponsible to be speeding or forcing someone off the road cuz you build a bit of aggro. I'v seen idiots with kids in their cars speeding past at like 180 on the highway already. Ppl dringing at over 100 in residential areas. Ppl this is just sooo dangerous. would you want somone drying at 80 past your yard where your kids might play in the street for some or other reason. anything can happen. And don't say it won't and that you can handle it because you can not. If you think you can please prove that your reflexes are good enough in the first place and then in the second that you drive a car which can keep up with maneuvering like a maniac trying to avoid an accident.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:not keeping to the rules you are better off going to some place other than our public roads and risk your own life
on an open freeway, i believe the salient point here would be 'rules'.... you know that silly little 'rule' about keeping left, passing right, (which the bulk of drivers seem to retain for approximately 10 seconds post their exam) - the one which would save so many lives if these dimwits would keep their road-hogging in the slow lane where they're unlikely to be causing accidents... that rule... that's the one you should be getting worked up about...

in virtually all the accidents i've witnessed, it was the fault of a slow-as-a-braindead-snail git doing something spectacularly stupid... not that the speedsters are doing anyone any favours, it's more the lack of speed, than an excess thereof, which causes accidents... the whole "speed kills" jibe should actually read "don't speed because poppie over there is probably going to skrik for that big trok and hit anchors..."

now that that's out of the way... kudos to Anakha56 :lol: ... i owe you a cold one... and none of that namby pamby cider crud... good, honest, brewed-in-a-tin-bucket vodka :twisted:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Anakha56, Were the lights flashing at you together or in that modified cop car style?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

rustypup wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:not keeping to the rules you are better off going to some place other than our public roads and risk your own life
on an open freeway, i believe the salient point here would be 'rules'.... you know that silly little 'rule' about keeping left, passing right, (which the bulk of drivers seem to retain for approximately 10 seconds post their exam) - the one which would save so many lives if these dimwits would keep their road-hogging in the slow lane where they're unlikely to be causing accidents... that rule... that's the one you should be getting worked up about...

in virtually all the accidents i've witnessed, it was the fault of a slow-as-a-braindead-snail git doing something spectacularly stupid... not that the speedsters are doing anyone any favours, it's more the lack of speed, than an excess thereof, which causes accidents... the whole "speed kills" jibe should actually read "don't speed because poppie over there is probably going to skrik for that big trok and hit anchors..."

now that that's out of the way... kudos to Anakha56 :lol: ... i owe you a cold one... and none of that namby pamby cider crud... good, honest, brewed-in-a-tin-bucket vodka :twisted:
My point is in general with all rulez. If ppl had a bit more common sense I would not need to make a point out of it. that common sonse would also tend to have them know that they are risking their lives by doing certain things. If everyone kept at the indicated speeds then there would be no need for overtaking as everyone would be driving 120 on a freeway. The thing that is really buggin is these twits that goes 60 or 70 on the highway. That is where your slow bottom ppl come from that cause accidents. Not just that but the diffirence in speed between them and those trying to go at their vehicles top speed.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Koko_Lion wrote:Anakha56, Were the lights flashing at you together or in that modified cop car style?
Together not modified cop style. Hell if he had his emergency lights on I would have been fine with passing but flashing lights to me means nothing...
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Ana, no offence mate, but you acted like a dunce.

You could very easily have written a totally different forum post this morning.
Or none at all. Ever.

Idiocy begets idiocy.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

yeah i think that was a bit reckless. i would also have slowed down to annoy the guy, but i would have then moved out the way and just let the moron pass. a stunt like that could easily have gone out of control and caused some serious damage or deaths.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Someone once said 'Why don't we just take the warnings labels off and let stupidity sort itself out' :roll:

It's guys like that in the police veichle do stupid thing and don't worry about consequences. About a year and a half ago a metro police woman almost killed my sister on her bike, because se didn't think about what she was doing.

If he has to eat grass in order to realise he's being an @-hole then so be it.