Traffic Light vandalism

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

Traffic Light vandalism

Post by Sojourn »

I was wondering of you guys also came across the following on the roads wherever you live, drive to the office etc.
I am on the west rand, Hendrik Potgieter.
At some crossings on some mornings on my way to work, I find that the traffic lights that is supposed to be facing me, was turned 90degs to the left.
Now I have no indication on first glance if I should stop or go, and it is even more confusing for the guys coming from the left, as they have both a green and red signal.

I suspect tow-truck drivers to be the culprits, as they are on duty in the midnight hours when there is nobody to catch them, and they are the only people that might potentially benefit from the resulting crash.

I will try to take pictures on my cell if I come across it again.
Acidkidsa

Re: Traffic Light vandalism

Post by Acidkidsa »

Sojourn wrote:I was wondering of you guys also came across the following on the roads wherever you live, drive to the office etc.
I am on the west rand, Hendrik Potgieter.
At some crossings on some mornings on my way to work, I find that the traffic lights that is supposed to be facing me, was turned 90degs to the left.
Now I have no indication on first glance if I should stop or go, and it is even more confusing for the guys coming from the left, as they have both a green and red signal.

I suspect tow-truck drivers to be the culprits, as they are on duty in the midnight hours when there is nobody to catch them, and they are the only people that might potentially benefit from the resulting crash.

I will try to take pictures on my cell if I come across it again.

I have notice that on Hendrik Potgieter , as well as Nic Dederics (sp) just off Hendrik Potgieter.

I have nearly had a accedent cause of that. When you stop at a robot you see the light is green then as you about to go , you realize the robot its for the other direction..

Would not surprise me if its the tow truckers. I have seen them years ago pouring oil on the roads by Ondekkers
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Yeah, I've seen the same thing in various spots around the south here. Guess I must be naïve, cos it never occured to me that someone might have done it on purpose.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

We only have lights that are missing here. Cars run into them and knock them over. Then people come and scavenge them.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I know people who STEAL traffic cones and lights.

Dodgy - I know.
Damn dangerous as well !!!
Temporary Absence
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

I thought it was the taxis but now that you mention it, all the spots are hot spots for tow truck guys. However the areas I travel have not had it happen for the last 6 months so I have no clue...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Acidkidsa wrote: I have notice that on Hendrik Potgieter , as well as Nic Dederics (sp) just off Hendrik Potgieter.
Would not surprise me if its the tow truckers. I have seen them years ago pouring oil on the roads by Ondekkers
Yes, that is exactly the spot, at that crossing with the Keg on the one corner.
I also heard about the oil on the road thing, there was an article about it in the free regional newspaper.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Sojourn wrote:
Acidkidsa wrote: I have notice that on Hendrik Potgieter , as well as Nic Dederics (sp) just off Hendrik Potgieter.
Yes, that is exactly the spot, at that crossing with the Keg on the one corner.
I also heard about the oil on the road thing, there was an article about it in the free regional newspaper.
Yip thats the one , I train at the Virgin Active there and noticed the Robot is always different..

I have seen 2 nasty accidents there this year already , plus the guys on that road drive stupid fast at times.
Prime

Post by Prime »

So toss a handful of nails where the tow trucks park. If they only lurk there in the dark, they won't see them. And even by day. :twisted:
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Prime wrote:So toss a handful of nails where the tow trucks park. If they only lurk there in the dark, they won't see them. And even by day. :twisted:
I know one or two Tow truck drivers. Not the sort of group you want catching you.

Besides it could anyone turning the Robots , kids , thief's . I think it was in it normal position this morning
Prime

Post by Prime »

Then call the taxi drivers. Let them have a war. Rid sa of 2 problems. :|
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

That could work!
Tander

Post by Tander »

Prime wrote:Then call the taxi drivers. Let them have a war. Rid sa of 2 problems. :|

I think you're on to a plan there, Batman! :twisted:
Prime

Post by Prime »

And we'll send zuma in to negotiate a settlement. :whistling: