N Korea ready for war?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Fanatic-X

N Korea ready for war?

Post by Fanatic-X »

North Korea says it has has staged a "successful" underground nuclear test, prompting international condemnation.
BBC News 25 May 2009

AND
North Korea has test-fired two more missiles, hours after the UN Security Council unanimously condemned its nuclear test, South Korean reports say.
BBC News 26 May 2009

Hmmm... Looks like people are going nuts here and there. Well, I have to agree with N. Korea for there determination and persistence in getting nuclear arms. Why is the US and selected countries the only countries that may have a nuclear arsenal? I approve of N Korea's move, just to show the US the middle-finger and telling indirectly "we can also have these".
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1GHz
MSI K9A2 Platinum V2 (needs a BIOS update to install a Phenom II)
MSI Radeon HD4650 512MB GDDR2
2x A-Data Vitesta 2GB 1066+ DDR2 RAM
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Raidmax Smilidon Gaming case
Samsung T220 Syncmaster 22"Wide LCD Screen
Pic of my beauty
Prime

Re: N Korea ready for war?

Post by Prime »

Would you give mugabe nuclear missiles? :|

The Problem is that N korea has pointed them at other countries in the past, such as china, and south korea and antogonised the rest of asia.

Their "glorious leader" kim_jong_il is about as mentally stable as Ide Amin.

Countries like the US, and probably russia and maybe china have "missile response stations." if you fire at the US, their systems are designed to automatically retaliate. there will be a full scale war. North Korea will be no more. one less communist nation. whoopee!!!

Bottom line is that north korea is a rogue nation. if they were capable of being responsible and had a remotely decent human rights record, other world powers might give them more leeway.
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

Russia and China will side with N Korea, and N. Korea has the 2nd strongest military in the world (if not 1st)... that is 2 things you overlooked, and to be honest... I would prefer communism over democracy any time... you say you are all for democracy but never practise it (like most people unfortunately)... Look at how far it got the US now... Look at South Africa... Look at France, Congo, etc...

Don't even mention UK... they have a monarchy.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
Prime

Post by Prime »

Fanatic-X wrote:Russia and China will side with N Korea, and N. Korea has the 2nd strongest military in the world (if not 1st)... that is 2 things you overlooked, and to be honest... I would prefer communism over democracy any time... you say you are all for democracy but never practise it (like most people unfortunately)... Look at how far it got the US now... Look at South Africa... Look at France, Congo, etc...

The US economy got the way it did from stupidity. one should never spend or loan money they don't have.

Um, you may want to reconsider your arguement, Russia is on the UN council, and afaik, opposed N koreas behaviour. N Korea pointed Nukes at china a few years back. So I can't see China taking their Side. Besides, the chinese have a hold on a sizeable portion of the US economy. The onyl reason Russia would have any reason to take their side is that N korea was part of the Soviet Union.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference ... ne=nyt-per
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Fanatic-X wrote:I have to agree with N. Korea for there determination and persistence in getting nuclear arms.
:? clearly you need to spend some time reading up on good ol' kim... he is a grade A nutjob of the first order... having someone like this fiddling with fission weapons shares much in common with seeing an armed lunatic stumbling up and down the pavement, waving his weapon around and requesting that the voices 'please stop!'...
Fanatic-X wrote:I would prefer communism over democracy any time...
really?... you've got to be kidding me.... besides which, NK practises communism like osama B practises moderate politics... not at all...

it's kim's distorted view of the world, (the one in which he has variously claimed, and injected into the NK education system, such truths as being the progenitor of the theory of relativity, the discoverer of penicillin and other such tripe), or re-education camp for you... what's that word again... autocracy?..
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Fanatic-X wrote:Russia and China will side with N Korea, and N. Korea has the 2nd strongest military in the world (if not 1st)... that is 2 things you overlooked, and to be honest... I would prefer communism over democracy any time... you say you are all for democracy but never practise it (like most people unfortunately)... Look at how far it got the US now... Look at South Africa... Look at France, Congo, etc...

There is a difference between a failed system which only enriches their leaders and obliterates / enslaves the rest and a badly managed democratic system. Oh and by the way although the UK has a Monarchy their Monarchy has no power in the countries current affairs. they have a Prime minister which is the same as a president. He is also elected by the people for the people and not appointed by a cabinet. Also I for one practice the freedom I am granted by democracy by working for a company I choose to work for. By living where I want to live. By studying what I want to study. By not joining the military because I don't want to. By not dying for a governmental body I don't believe in.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

this is not a matter of politics. Its a matter of WMDs being in the hands of someone who reportedly killed his own brother while still a teenager.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

GreyWolf wrote:this is not a matter of politics. Its a matter of WMDs being in the hands of someone who reportedly killed his own brother while still a teenager.
And since he is a political leader of a country which other political leaders does not want in control of nuclear weapons it is a political issue. I don't want the US to have nuclear weapons. I don't want the UK to have these weapons. Hell I don't want anyone to have these weapons but they have them. So our only hope is that the world's political leaders can intimidate and/or dissuade the more unstable political leaders by political rather than physical threat to not have these weapons. Unfortunately any political discussion needs to be backed by a certain threat value to be credible and when you want to persuade someone not to have nuclear weapons you need some of them yourself with a way to counter against such weapons otherwise your views will hold no sway over the other parties.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

Afaik... They pointed nukes at japan... not china... Firstly... they didn't have nukes to point at anyone, they are busy building them now. They were testing the taepodong missiles over japan (read the article) and testing nuclear ordenance underground... Now tell me where and when did they point it at china?

PLUS the chances of china siding with good ol Kim, is the fact that the whole asian community hates japan because of ww2 (and even before that). And Russia being in the UN... um, they still hate the US.

As for those people loving democracy... At least a communist government is doing something to their country to improve it, unlike the democratic countries. Republican I can understand, it is better than democracy, depending on they people running it (*looks at bush*). Give me 5 good reasons democracy is better than any of the 3 (Monarchy, Communism, Republican).
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

RuadRauFlessa wrote: Oh and by the way although the UK has a Monarchy their Monarchy has no power in the countries current affairs. they have a Prime minister which is the same as a president.
But the prime minister still answers to the queen...
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
Prime

Post by Prime »

Fanatic-X, Republicans are rightwing. Do you really want the AWB or the american right to run the country? KKK anyone? Nazis, fascists, racists and bigots, take your pick?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Fanatic-X wrote:Afaik... They pointed nukes at japan... not china... Firstly... they didn't have nukes to point at anyone, they are busy building them now. They were testing the taepodong missiles over japan (read the article) and testing nuclear ordenance underground... Now tell me where and when did they point it at china?

PLUS the chances of china siding with good ol Kim, is the fact that the whole asian community hates japan because of ww2 (and even before that). And Russia being in the UN... um, they still hate the US.

As for those people loving democracy... At least a communist government is doing something to their country to improve it, unlike the democratic countries. Republican I can understand, it is better than democracy, depending on they people running it (*looks at bush*). Give me 5 good reasons democracy is better than any of the 3 (Monarchy, Communism, Republican).
I can understand why a lot of people will not choose democracy. It requires you to make a choice. It requires you to think for yourself. It requires that you choose life instead of slavery. Communism is mass slavery for the betterment of government alone. Take a look at Russia. Look at their economy. Their economy was destroyed due to communism not built up due to it. They had no money to actually build up a proper arsenal against the US in the cold war. They had a lot of weapons yes but the main reason the cold war fell apart was cuz Russia did not have the money to continue a weapons race. More than 60% of all the advanced weaponry they had was inoperable due to the lack of funding to keep the equipment functioning. Look at the poverty of the people in Russia and then you have a look at their governmental buildings all built with glittering gold all build to the detriment of the people of the country. Communism preaches self sacrifice for the betterment of the masses. All this achieves is that people are slaves to the government who has no free will of their own to accomplish anything which gives them pride or self worth. Such a life is only a slow death at the hand of your slavers.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Fanatic-X wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote: Oh and by the way although the UK has a Monarchy their Monarchy has no power in the countries current affairs. they have a Prime minister which is the same as a president.
But the prime minister still answers to the queen...
No he doesn't. If the queen wants something done she has to go in a public sitting of their parliament and ask the prime minister to do what she wants. He still has the power to say yes or no.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

Prime wrote:Fanatic-X, Republicans are rightwing. Do you really want the AWB or the american right to run the country? KKK anyone? Nazis, fascists, racists and bigots, take your pick?
Hmmm, that is very hypocritical thing to say... we are in a democracy and most of those are still there... The USA is now a democracy and most of those are still there... Most of europe is a democracy and most of it is still there... now where is it any different?
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Fanatic-X wrote:
Prime wrote:Fanatic-X, Republicans are rightwing. Do you really want the AWB or the american right to run the country? KKK anyone? Nazis, fascists, racists and bigots, take your pick?
Hmmm, that is very hypocritical thing to say... we are in a democracy and most of those are still there... The USA is now a democracy and most of those are still there... Most of europe is a democracy and most of it is still there... now where is it any different?
the difference is that when you are under a communist rule those very people you don't want like the AWB, KKK, Nazis and such will be the ruling hand
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Prime

Post by Prime »

Fanatic-X wrote:
but they are not running the country... Our current government is not a democracy. its run by cosatu
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:No he doesn't. If the queen wants something done she has to go in a public sitting of their parliament and ask the prime minister to do what she wants. He still has the power to say yes or no.
Monarchy - in simple english

The prime minister still has to answer to the queen... If the queen says no then its no, and if the government says no its no... both have to agree or disagree.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

Prime wrote:but they are not running the country... Our current government is not a democracy. its run by cosatu
Then where does the "celebrating 10 years of democracy" come from? :?
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Fanatic, do you actually have a clue when it comes to politics? do you even read further than your left nostril?

The more I read what you say, the more you seem to confuse yourself......
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Fanatic-X wrote:where does the "celebrating 10 years of democracy" come from? :?
:lol: :lol: oh, my... you haven't quite grasped the whole 'marketing' thing yet... have you...

speaking of which, there's this bridge in PE... going cheap... with tassells on... and maybe a semi-clad nymphet leaning against it in a seductive pose... with tassells on...

my troll sense is tingling...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

RuadRauFlessa wrote: I can understand why a lot of people will not choose democracy. It requires you to make a choice. It requires you to think for yourself. It requires that you choose life instead of slavery. Communism is mass slavery for the betterment of government alone. Take a look at Russia. Look at their economy. Their economy was destroyed due to communism not built up due to it. They had no money to actually build up a proper arsenal against the US in the cold war. They had a lot of weapons yes but the main reason the cold war fell apart was cuz Russia did not have the money to continue a weapons race. More than 60% of all the advanced weaponry they had was inoperable due to the lack of funding to keep the equipment functioning. Look at the poverty of the people in Russia and then you have a look at their governmental buildings all built with glittering gold all build to the detriment of the people of the country. Communism preaches self sacrifice for the betterment of the masses. All this achieves is that people are slaves to the government who has no free will of their own to accomplish anything which gives them pride or self worth. Such a life is only a slow death at the hand of your slavers.
Look where it got Russia now... Stalin was the same as Hitler, wanted to make the USSR bigger. Now the economy is better than the USA economy. Remember there is always a crazed politician before the country gets a better one. Look at the timeline between Stalin and Medvidev(sp)

Maybe the same will happen to N Korea.

I have a lot of respect for the N Korean country... they have so many sanctions against them it would make certain countries crumble, and they managed.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Fanatic-X wrote:Stalin was the same as Hitler, wanted to make the USSR bigger. Now the economy is better than the USA economy.
You accredit the current Russian economy to Stalin :?:

That is like accrediting the current South African economy to HF Verwoerd
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

rustypup wrote: :lol: :lol: oh, my... you haven't quite grasped the whole 'marketing' thing yet... have you...

speaking of which, there's this bridge in PE... going cheap... with tassells on... and maybe a semi-clad nymphet leaning against it in a seductive pose... with tassells on...
Ummm, I was being sarcastic... just pointing out democracy is more corrupt.
my troll sense is tingling...
Hmmm, my "people-jumping--to-conclusions-without-thinking" sense is also tingling... It is quite funny how you people label someone a troll when, he says something that opposes someone else's way of percieving things.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

The last country on the planet I'd want to have a nuclear arsenal is N.Korea, but that doesn't detract from the reality that the last thing you'd call the countries that DO have nukes paragons of virtue ... *whoa ... sentence structure brainfreeze! >_<*

Anyway, the simple reality is that it's an arms-race. As long as countries like the US rattle sabres and HAVE nuclear weapons, we can hardly blame every third world despot who has heard the phrase "regime change" for wanting a couple of big ... status symbols of their own. The US let that genie out of the bottle sixty-odd years ago. As much as we all want them to it won't go back in. Which is why "pre-emptive action" and "regime change" and that sort of unilateral BS is the most destabilising thing in the world right now. The only way to engage other countries in the world now is as equals, and that's something countries like the US and Russia and China and such have yet to learn. There's no more place in the world for cultural, economic and military strong-arming, because these days even if you can't build one, you can just buy a Russian or Pakistani strong-arm of your own if you really, really want one.

The West still thinks that the best way to change the world is by imposing that change, but the reality is that change happens through osmosis. Think about a city, where lots of different people live together. They get to interact with one another on a regular basis, see the other guy and his "forn idears" really aren't that bad, they exchange ideas and opinions and start kinda adopting stuff that works for them, respecting stuff that doesn't, and two or three generations down the line everybody speaks Mandarin English, like on Firefly. :mrgreen:

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
Fanatic-X

Post by Fanatic-X »

jamin_za wrote:You accredit the current Russian economy to Stalin :?:

That is like accrediting the current South African economy to HF Verwoerd
Are you blind?

*edited* Good, now that you read that... Did I write anything in that line?

Have you ever heard of, not following the example? Stalin was the example, the next government avoided the same mistakes, same as any country... Republican and democratic countries is the only countries that become rotten.
Last edited by Fanatic-X on 26 May 2009, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
My Rig:
Spoiler (show)
2x 320GB Seagate HDD
Pic of my beauty