Valid or not?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Lithe_Joint

Valid or not?

Post by Lithe_Joint »

I am sick and tired of my anoractic existance* and feel it is time to get out.

Do I have a vaild reason to get out on my own while my better half sits at home?

Background:
She gets out with her palls every Thursday. Be it a movie night, joll night or whatever. She is a people's person.
I get my night off, funking around in my workshop every Friday. I am an introvert.

Difference:
My Angel is surrounded by good friends, and I know them to be hooligans at stages. Call it stress relief. She has good standards in my opinion.
I like being on my own, surrounded by a whole bunch of strangers and behaving like a hooligan ripping up a dance floor. Call it stress relief, if you will. I have good standards in my opinion.

Should I go, or should I stay? The die is tumbling on the table...
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Valid or not?

Post by Anakha56 »

Only go if you feel threatened that she will bump into a long lost b/f. But also life is about sacrifices so my game plan would be this:

Go with her every couple of weeks, let her see how agitated you are about being in a crowd and she will soon get peeved off with you because you are killing the mood. :P

Like I said its about sacrifices go once a month at least she will be happy to have you tag along every now and then. :)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

I'm not sure what an anoractic existence is, chief - I don't think it's even a real word - but we'll let Rustypup deal with that...

If you want to go out because you feel the need to make mince meat out of a few dance floors, then go for it.

Is she nagging you because you don't go out?
Does she want you to go out with her?
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

It sounds like you need to go out. You trust her enough to let her go out without you - you should trust yourself to be good on your own. I can't see how going out on your own can be fun though - that is just me. You may be married but you do not have to go everywhere together - you are still individuals. Go and let your hair down :lol:
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

jamin_za,

"anoractic"? I'll go out on a limb and say that there is no such word, unless he is trying to call himself an "anorak", which in British slang is
a person who has an obsessive interest in that which might be considered incomprehensible or tedious by most people. Such a person is often
socially inept.

Methinks Lithe was testing us with that asterisk he left dangling. ;-)
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

anoractic or not, i cannot make head or tail of the original post :scratch:
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

I am sick and tired of my anoractic existance* and feel it is time to get out.
To be honest, I thought this was a suicide threat!

Yes, go out. If you like going out by yourself... I used to do it, but only if I knew that I had a good chance of bumping into someone I know there. Otherwise I don't see the point, I could put headphones on and just go to "Club Duvet", that place rocks! But each to his own, right? I'm sure your girl will understand. Unless she doesn't trust you or is insecure? Going clubbing by yourself is not very common behaviour (social introvert?), so I can see why she would be suspicious if she doesn't know you. Although, from Tribble's response, I get the impression that you're married so I don't see how this is likely.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

As to him being married - I am guessing. He did not introduce her as his gf. That means he has been with her for a while.