Armored Core

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Armored Core

Post by jee »

Found a whole bunch of AMV's of Armored Core

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSny0LJCz2M
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
ZeroS

Re: Armored Core

Post by ZeroS »

My first encounter with Armored Core was with the latest installment of the game, Armored Core: For Answer which I purchased, not too long ago, at the glowing recommendation of a fellow forumite.
It certainly had great promise, much like the video above and though the series has, by no exaggeration, limitless customisation, intense battles and satisfying controls, it lacks the allure displayed in the introductory video. Disappointing since one would think that next gen consoles would be able to replicate the atmosphere in the video.
My guess would be that the playing field in which one operates these devastating mech's are explicitly bland and dull, and, even if simple objects were placed in the environment; like trees, etc. it would give the player the feel of piloting those monsters. You can certainly pilot those mech's exactly as you see it in the videos, it just doesn't feel like it.

By the way, the music doesn't seem to synchronise well with the video. That's Mozart's Requiem, no?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
jee

Re: Armored Core

Post by jee »

Thats just so sad - I had hopes for it :(
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.