I (DarkStar) has wheels

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SBSP

Re: I (DarkStar) has wheels

Post by SBSP »

and add a moth ball or 2 it will make the powerband more noticable :D

Lol Just kidding, Apparantly it does but messes up the motor., I think its a myth.
Prime

Post by Prime »

SBSP wrote:and add a moth ball or 2 it will make the powerband more noticable :D

Lol Just kidding, Apparantly it does but messes up the motor., I think its a myth.
well the napthaline will change the octane rating and this will cause knock which will eventually break something.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Todays mothballs is not napthaline anymore :P You can use Toluene or Xelene(I think) to boost the octane. It won't damage the engin, higher octane will accually help against knock. But I will still think 2times before I mix it. I have much better work for Toluene should I get it somewhere :twisted:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Nuke wrote:Todays mothballs is not napthaline anymore :P You can use Toluene or Xelene(I think) to boost the octane. It won't damage the engin, higher octane will accually help against knock. But I will still think 2times before I mix it. I have much better work for Toluene should I get it somewhere :twisted:
Wow, how times have changed then :?

Xylene? as in the old solvent for permanent markers? :shock: :twisted:

If you find some tolurene, PM me :whistling:

Same goes for a source of nitric acid :wink:
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

One thing I'm not going to do is mess with the engine with strange chemicals. :lol:
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Toluene is actually not a strange chemical for motors. As stated, it helps against knocks by increasing the octane rating, which makes the combustion process burn a bit cooler. It also reduces premature combustion (if your engine had a very high compression ratio). I'm pretty sure you can buy toluene from a company that sells racing fuels and the like. Or enquire at a raceway or the like.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Ok, two quick questions: Firstly, how easy is it to repair a snapped brake cable? (front brakes in particular), and what can one do against rain on the helmet's visor?
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Prime

Post by Prime »

DarkStar wrote:Ok, two quick questions: Firstly, how easy is it to repair a snapped brake cable? (front brakes in particular), and what can one do against rain on the helmet's visor?
You replace the entire cable. Not sure how its attached but i'm guessing you'd untension it and then remove it and replace with a new one and adjust it until its works appropriately. :?
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Brake cable I wouldn't know. All the bikes I've ever ridden have hydraulic brakes. But you would probably have to replace the whole cable (like on a bicycle?).

As for the visor, best would be to open it a small bit so it doesn't steam up. As for the rain staying on the visor itself, you can probably get something you can spray on that would help with the trouble. I've ridden in the rain a couple of times and aside from steaming up, rain isn't really a problem (for me anyway). Just remember, as with all vehicles, speed and breaking distances have to change. This is even more important (infinately more important) if you are on two wheels. Try to stay off the front brake on wet roads if possible- or at least relegate it to your secondary brake.