Good bye and thanks for all the fish

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
thEnaileDonE

Good bye and thanks for all the fish

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Got up this morning, got ready for work :pukeleft: and as I walk out the door I see my cars passanger door standing open... my first reaction is :o then :shock: then :cry: ...yup, I have yet again supplemented someone with some good quality car audio equipment.

And this with a little less then 3 weeks in the country before I go bye-bye to play in the desert... Doubt I will miss the crime, koeksisters maybe... milk tart definitly...

I don't know, they say sharing makes you feel better, I don't!
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Good bye and thanks for all the fish

Post by Tribble »

thEnaileDonE, so sorry to hear that. You must live in a really bad neighbourhood.

You going down under?
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Tribble, quiet neighbourhood (bad country). UAE! UAE! UAE! - Just wish they would hurry up with my VISA so I can resign already (today is a good day for me to tell my superiours exactly what I think of them :twisted: )
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

thEnaileDonE, then I shall hold thumbs for you. You have been getting a raw deal lately. I bet your boss is not going to be pleased.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

That sucks dude. Let the insurance pay out then you have some more $ to spend over there.
Are you going to Dubai?
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Sucks dude, sorry to hear.

All the best for the UAE hey, crime is virtually non existent there... For a reason though, so stay on the right side of the law! :lol:
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Damn dude good luck! Seems you have had very little luck this far but I wish you all the best for the future.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Tribble, I wonder if it would be considered inappropriate for me to take a photo of his face when I do it :)
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

IcePick88, Abu Dhabi for 2 weeks orientation then off to a little town in the middle of nowhere (literally)... first time since leaving school I don't have insurance :( (cheap car, on my way out of country... the timing really sucks)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

thEnaileDonE wrote:Tribble, I wonder if it would be considered inappropriate for me to take a photo of his face when I do it :)
Oh I would say "Go for it!" OR even a vid on your cell phone and then post it on Youtube :twisted:
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Thats crime here man.My friend got robbed the other day.They kicked him in his you know what.As he fell on his knees.They just searched him.Took his phone.R100 and drove away.Only heard of this yesterday.They held him at gunpoint!Whats more amazing it was in broad daylight.2 o clock during the day! :shock: .Glad they didnt hurt him.The other day i read about a man that was shot for R10 :x
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

thEnaileDonE wrote:Got up this morning, got ready for work :pukeleft: and as I walk out the door I see my cars passanger door standing open... my first reaction is :o then :shock: then :cry: ...yup, I have yet again supplemented someone with some good quality car audio equipment.

And this with a little less then 3 weeks in the country before I go bye-bye to play in the desert... Doubt I will miss the crime, koeksisters maybe... milk tart definitly...

Dont worry with all the south africans leaving the country you should have plenty of melktert all over the world. and the crime is sure to head there aswell. I cant wait to go.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Siemens wrote:
thEnaileDonE wrote:Got up this morning, got ready for work :pukeleft: and as I walk out the door I see my cars passanger door standing open... my first reaction is :o then :shock: then :cry: ...yup, I have yet again supplemented someone with some good quality car audio equipment.

Dont worry with all the south africans leaving the country you should have plenty of melktert all over the world. and the crime is sure to head there aswell. I cant wait to go.
Yeah you can get SA products everywhere now. In NZ they even have a SA section in the supermarkets where you find chutney, nik naks, creme soda, all that type of stuff...

Wherever there is people in the world there is crime. It's more the type of crime and level of it that most people wish to leave...
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

But you see even though crime is everywhere. Over here the criminals are treated as victoms and the victoms as criminals.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Indeed, indeed.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Got mail from my friend thats now been there for a week (his visa got through quicker lucky guy) and he is just ranting and raving about the place (Abu Dhabi)... really can't wait to go now :)

As for crime, ex-collegue of mine thats been in Saudi for 3 years now says he goes to the supermarket, leaves the car running so his aircon is on... comes back an hour and a hallf later to a cool car and leaves... nobody would dream of just getting in his car and driving off plus fuel is dirt cheap (I still feel he should get punched in the kidneys for killing the environment though).
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

I don't want to pee on anybody's parade here, but it only ever seems like the people that are leaving as the one's that have the most to say about how bad South Africa is without thinking that every place has it's own problems and it's a matter of trading off the crime here for a different issue somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, South Africa is FAAARRRR from perfect, but how on earth is a problem supposed to get solved when the people with the potential to make a difference insist on leaving?

The only time I would consider leaving SA would be if I felt that my loved ones or myself were physically under constant, real danger, whether physically or economically and I don't feel that quite yet, despite what is being sensationalized in the media.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Jonboy wrote:I don't want to pee on anybody's parade here, but it only ever seems like the people that are leaving as the one's that have the most to say about how bad South Africa is without thinking that every place has it's own problems and it's a matter of trading off the crime here for a different issue somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, South Africa is FAAARRRR from perfect, but how on earth is a problem supposed to get solved when the people with the potential to make a difference insist on leaving?

The only time I would consider leaving SA would be if I felt that my loved ones or myself were physically under constant, real danger, whether physically or economically and I don't feel that quite yet, despite what is being sensationalized in the media.
Problem is, not half the crap going on is reaching the media, if anything the problems in the country are being played down (you think the farm murders have stopped?)

And no. The crime is not the reason I am leaving, but it sure isn't counting as a reason I am staying. I am fully aware that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but in this instance I know they have grass, and looking at my situation it is what I want and need, that and a lot of sand...

edit: I can't believe the word crap is not allowed, what crap is this :wink:
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

thEnaileDonE wrote: Problem is, not half the **** going on is reaching the media, if anything the problems in the country are being played down (you think the farm murders have stopped?)

And no. The crime is not the reason I am leaving, but it sure isn't counting as a reason I am staying. I am fully aware that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but in this instance I know they have grass, and looking at my situation it is what I want and need, that and a lot of sand...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking your situation, I'm speaking in general and I don't judge whatever your reasons may be for going, we just have also had a situation with friends who were adamant on immigrating to Aus. They returned after 6months. Another acquaintance became increasingly depressed and nearly crashed their marriage after immigrating to the UK. Yet another had a booming business here which crashed and burned when he took it to NZ. Speaking of which, a friend on cricket tour in NZ had his passport stolen there but then didn't receive any help from the local police as they were too busy dealing with a knife murder that happened a week before.

In the same way half of what happens here doesn't end up in the media, half of what happens over there doesn't reach our ears..
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

thEnaileDonE wrote:Got mail from my friend thats now been there for a week (his visa got through quicker lucky guy) and he is just ranting and raving about the place (Abu Dhabi)... really can't wait to go now :)
It is awesome indeed. Abu Dhabi is much nicer than Dubai, which is becoming so full of people it's scary!

Have you traveled or lived overseas before?

Jonboy, what other countries have you lived in?
markman

Post by markman »

Siemens wrote:But you see even though crime is everywhere. Over here the criminals are treated as victoms and the victoms as criminals.
RANT

A valid point;however what makes the SA crime different is the absolute brutality with which a lot of crimes are committed.

Housebreaking occurs in all (most)society's where the perps subdue the victims,take their loot and leave.

In SA there is usually rape/torture that goes with the break in.

How many times have you heard(or yourself said)," Well,at least they weren't raped or killed."?

They must put these mindless muth*******s against a wall and shoot them down like the dogs that they are,then bulldoze the family property into a pile of rubble and then send the family the bill for the bullet and the hire of the heavy machinery.

Believe me,these scum will soon get the message..............

RANT OFF .
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

@ ryanrich, - Nope... never set my foot outside of good old ZA (in my friends mail he says he was pleasantly surprised at how easy he is finding it thus far, not the culture shock he ws expecting...

@ markman, glad you got a chance to blow off some steam, can't afford to loose to many more people in post offices :wink:
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

markman wrote:
Siemens wrote:But you see even though crime is everywhere. Over here the criminals are treated as victoms and the victoms as criminals.
RANT

A valid point;however what makes the SA crime different is the absolute brutality with which a lot of crimes are committed.

Housebreaking occurs in all (most)society's where the perps subdue the victims,take their loot and leave.

In SA there is usually rape/torture that goes with the break in.

How many times have you heard(or yourself said)," Well,at least they weren't raped or killed."?

They must put these mindless muth*******s against a wall and shoot them down like the dogs that they are,then bulldoze the family property into a pile of rubble and then send the family the bill for the bullet and the hire of the heavy machinery.

Believe me,these scum will soon get the message..............

RANT OFF .
Simply bringing back the death penalty will solve a lot of crimes. If you rape or murder someone, death by hang in a public square.

Also capital punishment. If you steal, 30 lashes with a whip in a public square for instance.

Such a simple solution isn't it? And no, I don't feel anything for the poor, hungry criminal. There are jobs in this country. Sure not all of them are nice, but keep your hands off property that doesn't belong to you if you don't want to work then.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Well, lets hope everything goes well for you :)

Seems like you were the nailed one... once again :lol: :P

A friend of mine kinda got robbed... Not quite though.
What happend was that some 17 year old kid (or around that age) walked up to him, pulled a knife on him and said that he must hand over his phone...

Soo, he reached into his pocket, took out his phone and gave it to him. As he took the phone he lowered his hand with the knife in it, my friend then grabbed the guy, tripped him, took the knife and he (hopefully) ended up spending the night in prison...

I wonder if its called date rape if you drop the soap in prison? HmmZ...

Well, good luck to you... Stop being the-nailed-one!!!
Hope everything goes well for you and nothing comes in your way and everything goes well and smooth while you are still in SA. :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

PsyCLown, Thanks... and seriously, I don't think I am in any shape or way been more unfortunate than most people... I feel pretty blessed actually and nailed is but a nick, not a lifestyle choice :wink: