A few probs on my car that i need some help on.

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SBSP

A few probs on my car that i need some help on.

Post by SBSP »

Hi I have a nasty rattle on my Citi's alternator.

As you pull a way it rattles heavily.
I dont have time to take it in to VW as i was on leave for quite some time.
And cant take more leave.

I open the bonet and leave the car to idle, Then If i yank the accelerator i can see the alternator shaking
and as the revs pic up its straightens and goes quiet again.

But when is shakes it makes a metal rattle noise.
I have an idea it might be the alternators bearing that causes this, and if i'm not mistaing the belt that
drives the alternator also does the water pump, so it will overheat something breaks.

This only started when i took the car in for a 75 000Km service at VW centurion.

They also stripped the handbrake and left it stripped when i got my car back after i asked them to fix it.
so the handbrake siren is driving me crazy. Ho do i disconnect the siren ?

and then on my dash where it show the total Km driven it has an icon of a little spanner and every now and again it says
inspct so it wants so inspect something ?

I phoned VW but out of past experiance i know how it will end , Its going to end their way.
I just want to get this fixed then sell the car and get something else.

I have told a guy at vw bout 2 years ago i know my car is the cheapest on the market but i'm still a customer.
Which means if one day my car is due to be replaced and i had good service,i will maybe buy a Polo then a Golf GTI.

LOL
Its time to replace. They can go stuff their cars up 'peoples cars' peoples butts!
People say that its normally a dealer messing with the brand name, why is it that most VW franchises both Lindsay's and McCarthy's has below standard service?
muffinman

Re: A few probs on my car that i need some help on.

Post by muffinman »

The inspection you get on your screen is just the car's clock telling you that it's time for a service (it comes on every 15 000km or every 12 months, whatever comes first), but seeing as it was recently serviced it just means that VW didn't reset the timer. Read your manual, there is a way to reset that.
SBSP

Re: A few probs on my car that i need some help on.

Post by SBSP »

muffinman wrote:The inspection you get on your screen is just the car's clock telling you that it's time for a service (it comes on every 15 000km or every 12 months, whatever comes first), but seeing as it was recently serviced it just means that VW didn't reset the timer. Read your manual, there is a way to reset that.
Oh kwl , I wanted to go through the manual but i thought that is sometheing only VW can do cus its and indicator if the car was ever serviced.
Thanks i will check into it.