Any recommendations on good cyberpunk anime?

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
mina.magpie

Any recommendations on good cyberpunk anime?

Post by mina.magpie »

Ghost in the Shell SAC rates probably as my favourite TV show due to all the philosophy and ideas on identity and reality and stuff in there. What else is out there?

Besides GiTS, I've also really enjoyed Elfen Lied, Witch Hunter Robin, Rurouni Kenshin (Only the OVA's mind) and Hellsing. Sadly that's about what I've seen, since I generally only watch fansubs, and am quite careful about what I invest in getting.

So, any recommends?

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
Ahzure

Re: Any recommendations on good cyberpunk anime?

Post by Ahzure »

Sorry different people list different titles but these ones are okay.

There’s Akira ; Appleseed, Armitage III; Armitage: Dual Matrix; Battle Angel ; Black Magic M-66; Bubblegum Crisis Cyber City Oedo 808 ; Megazone 23; Metropolis, Serial Experiments: Lain
And . hack/Dot Hack as well I guess
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Serial Experiments Lain is a must watch. Also don't forget Evangelion.

Chaos Head and Ghost Hound both started good with interesting ideas, but the endings sucked.

Have a look into Kara no Kyoukai too.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Bubblegum crisis is very good true cyber punk.
Ergo proxy is also awesome.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

Hmmmm. That's now the nth time somebody has said I absolutely must watch Lain. Okay. I'll watch Lain. ^_^

I saw Neon Genesis Evangelion and really enjoyed it, though the last episode was kinda flat. Oh well, only slightly detracts from an otherwise brilliant series.

Thanks for all the other suggestions all, I'll do my best to get my eager hands on all of them eventually.

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"