Full Trailer For Shane Acker’s 9

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Full Trailer For Shane Acker’s 9

Post by larch »

Shane Acker’s 9 is based on his Oscar nominated short movie of the of the same name. The story takes place in a world parallel to our own, in which the very legacy of humanity is threatened. Wow! I can’t remember the last time I was so completely blown away by just the trailer for an animated movie!. Don’t get me wrong, their was plenty of animated movies which have blown me away, but not so much their trailers. This is so bizarre to see after watching the short film a couple of months back, but I am definitely happy with the direction is full length feature has taken.

A group of acutely insightful and wise rag dolls, living a post-apocalyptic existence discover one of their own, 9 (Elijah Wood), who displays leadership qualities that may help them to survive.
Acker describes his CGI film as having a “stylized quality” that makes footage look like stop-motion animation. Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambatov (Nightwatch, Wanted) are producing the film, which will be directed by Shane Acker. Danny Elfman will also be composing music for the film, according to the official synopsis on the official website. The movie is scheduled for theatrical release on September 9th, 2009 (9-9-09, get it?). I am looking really forward to seeing this when it gets released next year, in the meantime go check out the trailer.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFyx8WvGlnk
PsyCLown

Re: Full Trailer For Shane Acker’s 9

Post by PsyCLown »

Hmm, seems rather interesting.

I think ill definatly check it out once its released! :D
Still quite a while to wait though :(
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.