To Aru Majutsu no Index

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Post by PsyCLown »

Summary:
From AniDB:
Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Toma Kamijo's right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, but not his own bad luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum - all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.

From ANN:
In a world where science clarifies supernatural powers. In a huge college that has power development in its curriculum. To a resident high school student, Kamijou Touma, a pure white sister appears. She calls herself "Index" and says that sorcerers are chasing her. Thus, Kamijou Touma enters the world of the occult.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, science fiction
Just wondering if anyone is watching it? I started last night, about to watch episode 3. Seems rather interesting, something rather fun and entertaining to watch. Come to think of it, it reminds me a tad bit of Shakugen no Shana.

Also the OP Video with the "static breaks" if I could call them that, rather cool effect. Would be very nice for an AMV depending on what AMV you are making. Im thinking of an AMV with more of a trance song...

But anyways, any of you watching and if so your views and oppinions on it?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index

Post by Rayne »

Yes watching it and liking it. This is my Sunday morning show.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Rayne wrote:Yes watching it and liking it. This is my Sunday morning show.
lol, guess its relatively holy, well, to an extend as Index is from a Church.etc :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This is getting serious now btw. Mikoto's arc's starting.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I have only seen upto episode 6... Must watch from 7 onwards... Have upto episode 9 :D

Spoiler (show)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ok, watched upto the end of episode 9...

Was getting really interesting, episode 9 was the end of the climax.
LOVED the part where:
Spoiler (show)
Touma lost his arm and faked everything...more specifically the part with the blood all over his face and right hand side on his body while laughing as if nothing was, having that monster/murderous aura around him :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Himegami!! I like her! :P Kawaii~ :P haha
Hmm, although kinda reminds me of anothe character, but cant quite remember who...
You knew what was going to happen at the end with her :) as well.

Now that Sparky chick is going to become part of To Aru Majutsu no Index once again... She was in the main banner/poster after all and it didnt quite seem as if he role was done and she kidna just slipped out of the series as well...

Eclipse have episode 10 out, I havent gotten it yet though. Plan on grabbing it soon :D

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The railgun girly is a major character in Index and her arc's thus the best in the series, manga and novel. Get #10.

I myself cant wait for #11. The loli massacre begins.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ooh, sounds interesting!!

Should have the episode done by tomorrow the latest :D

Spoiler (show)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

NOOOO~ Episode 11 seems as if it will be really goood! :cry: :cry:
The wait! :evil:

Mikoto has 3 sisters...or 5? The rather dull military one seems interesting. The younger loli one has an interesting power.
The military one and Mikoto have the same ability but on a different level?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

PsyCLown wrote:Mikoto has 20 000 sisters...
Fixed that for you.

Eclipse is one of my favorite subbers, they release consistently. #11 will be online sometime tomorrow. The anime is exactly where the manga is.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

lol @ 20 000... Seems like it :P

Yes, I agree with you there. Their translations seem near perfect (if not perfect). Their RAWs are always of high quality as well as their audio. Their site is simple and works, they dont seem to act like they are gods and dont seem to want too much fame.

As you said they release on time quite often and bearly ever late. Their subtitles look decent and blend in well, the font is nice and easy to read and the colour scheme doesn't kill you and make you wonder if the person was colour blind.

Also just out of interest, some useless info though, I took a look at karaoke and the effects and all.
I spoke to the guy who did the karaoke for the OP for To Aru Majutsu no Index and got the font he used.

He made use of Aeigisub Automation 4... I went to check it out and from what I saw karaoke effects are certainly no laughing matter, I thought it was going to be a lot more simpler than it actually is.
You have to code and use maths equations for the effects. The timing of the karaoke subtitle doesnt seem nearly as bad as the coding for the effects :shock:

Ill get it once its been released, will keep checking their site...
Unless you have a DDL (fast, 4Mbit fast as well releases get placed up their soon after the official release)?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I've not used Torrents in over a month. Baka-Wolf is the fastest for HD releases.