Ga-Rei Zero

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

Re: Ga-Rei Zero

Post by PsyCLown »

Faltzer wrote:I want to get the manga for this anime seeing as it's only the prequel telling Kagura and Yomi's past, I want to know the proper story :D
I also wanna get it!!
Come to my place then download it as im too lazy too! :P :lol:
Downloading manga can be time consuming esp if you want to get it from a specific scanlation group and not mix, which makes it even harder at times if there are a lot doing it and then sometimes its on their IRC channels which means you have to constantly keep queueing and IRC is normally rather slow and so on *sigh*
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Only watched Ga-Rei episode 6 now due ot exams and me being busy with a few things...
Just watching the first min or so reminds me how awesome Ga-Rei is and so on...

Anyways, rather interesting Category B creature at the beginning and they could of had an awesome pantsu shot of Kagura when she jumps up to attack it :P

I was rather confused untill mid way as I had forgotten a few things:
Spoiler (show)
Like if we were still in the past or not, we arent an I had forgotten who the one with Shiro was and its Kagura's father...
Spoiler (show)
Also when Kagura meets her dad in episode 6 she helps bandage up his wound and all, then he starts speaking to her and he mensions that Shiro is linked to their soul and so on...
Also he said something about Shiro killing them by ripping their souls out? Shiro eventually becomes too powerful for their body and when they break the seal and release Shiro he will rip their soul out and end up killing them?
Rather interesting ending... Also Category C's are the ones that turn humans into Category D's? Correct?
Spoiler (show)
Like with Sensei at the end
Anyways, wonder whats going to happen next episdoe... Gonna go watch it now... AniYoshi have released episode 8 as well :D

Edit after watching episode 7:
The gore and all in the beginning of the episode is rather nice...
What happend at the end of episode 6 really seems to have messed Kagura up... Also Mei...
Spoiler (show)
What exactly happend to here, was hoping for an answer in this episode... But didnt get one. Perhaps episode 8? Maybe she is some special Category similar to a Category D in the sense that she has been revived and is possibly being controlled by someone/thing? Also that butterfly person who killed her in episode 6 said that the death stone only attacts bad souls?
Was he refering to Mei or to the other demons that have been appearing in the city?

Also im sure we all know what was going to happen to Yomi's uncle once he told Mei and her father/his brother that Yomi will be inheriting the family leadership position and not Mei
I was hoping we would see more action from episode 6 onwards, although im sure its at least building up to some...
Also what are the Death stones? What do they do? In episode 6...
Spoiler (show)
Kagura's dad said that his was busy healing him, although slowly...
The Mr Butterfly (Is it male or female?) person has one instead of an eye and his attracts bad souls?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Don't skip #8's ED...
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Finsihed episode 8...

Was rather nice, some action in it too :D I didnt find too much to speak about ...

Except for the end, after the credits...

Thats obviously how Yomi:
Spoiler (show)
becomes a demon and Kagura ends up kills her...
You can really see how deep Kagura and Yomi's relationship is...
It must really have hurt Kagura to kill her, even when Kagura killed her first aid teacher, the person who was possed and was a Class D? demon. She was freaked out about it and all, although it was her first time killing someone/thing like that...
Her relationship with Yomi is extremely deep, Yomi is like a mother to Kagura in a way and from what we can see.

EDIT:
ALSO... Another thing...What are the death stones?
Spoiler (show)
They seem to be able to heal you, Mr Blue Butterfly seems to be able to hand them out after killing you with the stakes...
The stakes have some writing on them IIRC. Obviously I dont know what they mean, possibly some sort of chant/purification thingy.

Mr Butterfly also gave Mei the deathstone as she wanted one really badly. Apparently Yomi also wanted one.
Although, why did Mr Butterfly take it away from Mei? He did didnt he? Or perhaps not... It seems that if he had taken it away from her, she would have died from the wounds caused while she had it? That would include her arm falling off again?

Soo, Yomi killed her while she still had the stone.

Also how did Kagura's dad get one? It seems as if you can get them through various methods and the stones dont make you evil. They just seem to heal you, the bigger the stone, the quicker it heals you?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Spoiler (show)
The stones are called Sesshouseki and are made from the Kyuubi's (Nine Tailed Demon Fox, just like in Naruto) spiritual power. Being a demonic power it corrupts it's user. It will draw out Yomi's hatred just like it did Mei's and as we now know Yomi had quite a bit to be angry about. It also gives it's users exceptionally powerful abilities. Kagura's father uses one in order to control Shiro and Kagura herself will use two when she does. Shiro in Kagura's care has two heads as a result implying it's much stronger. She was forced to do this because Shiro would have killed her if she did not. It however also means her life is shortened yet again.

Yes, he gave Mei the stone and he also took it away. Yomi could not have killed her if he did not.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahh, ok, I see now. I dont watch Naruto or read the manga so not sure what you on about there :)

Although...
Spoiler (show)
How come Kagura's dad and Kagura don't go corrupt like Mei? perhaps they do, but not at the same speed as she does?
Is the rate they go corrupt at determined by how much hatred and anger they have in them?

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Pft, actually felt sorry for Yomi in #9...
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Finished watching 9 and 10 :D

Yeh, episode 9 once again shows you how strong Yomi and Kagura's bond is...
Mr Butterfly is a pervert thought! :P hehe

Episode 10...
Continues where episode 2 left off...2 months later they decide to resume things :D
Nice. We kidna knew what would happen at the end as well, with who Yomi refers to as dono.

Also love the way lights randomly appear in palces and they just so happen to cover certain parts of a characters body :P hehe

Now to wait for the last 2 episodes :D xD
See how this leaves everything and where it lets the manga take over :)

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

#11 was hardcore. One more to go. This show wasn't at all bad.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

NOOO :( I dont want it to end :-/

Oh well, busy downloading episode 11 now as I didnt have internet since Friday the 19th (Telkom).

Spoiler (show)
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Oooh, Ga-Rei episode 12 is out (AniYoshi) and they have DVD releases for episode 1 and 2!!
Yaaay! :P

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah I'm going to re-download that as there were quite a bit of gore and ecchi. Japan's censoring everything left right and center these days just ridiculous. A little while ago there was hardly any censoring in mainstream anime but this year's been over the top.

Anyway, a good, solid ending. Pity it was over so quick though.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Yep, pretty much Kagura from manga.

I think it's safe to say we've not seen the end of Ga-Rei.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

OK, finally got some time to watch Ga-Rei Zero again :D
Below: May contain spoilers

Episode 11:

Like the part where Yomi gets some blood on her face :P Then when she realises what

she has done and it shows her face with some blood :P Image

Seems as if the death stone prevents you from killing yourself?
Does Kagura's father ever open his eyes?

lol @ Michael :P The way he looks and all just seems to lighten things up xD

Rather interesting how Kagura places the death stone on herself, pricking herself

first.
Also her father managed to take it off soo easily o_O

Episode 12:

Seems like the Death Stone is taking over Yomi more and more, I wonder if Mr

Butterfly is talking the truth?

How come the death stones seem to summon demons? The Michael 13 seems awesome,

part gun as well :P

I still like Nori's sacred beasts?
Kiri is Ayame's sister? :|

2 years later, rather interesting :D Seems like Kagura took in another person, like Yomi who took her in.

I really enjoyed Ga-Rei Zero and would love them to animate some of the manga :D I really hope we havent seen the end of the animated series :D

Where exactly does the manga start? I know when it starts its to do with the Butterfly person?
Does the manga start the 2 years after which it showed at the very end of #12?

EDIT: Forgot to mension, seems as if Kagura currently only has 1 death stone? She adds the other later on?
Last edited by PsyCLown on 29 Dec 2008, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler (show)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yes Kagura only has one stone now, the one sealing her Ga-Rei. In the manga she becomes very depressed when Yomi (now much stronger and completely evil [remember, Yomi was not evil by nature, the stone draws out evil in people, it turned her anger to hatred] in spirit form) shows up again and in the midst of her depression Shiro almost broke free from her seal and she took on another in order to keep it under control. She was in the process of completely releasing Shiro (it will kill her if she does) in order to stop Yomi from reviving a powerful demon sealed under the city which caused her seal to weaken. As her seal grew stronger Shiro also grew stonger and has two heads instead of one. After the Kyuubi, Shiro is the strongest sacred beast.

The guy with Kagura is the actual main character of the manga, Kensuke. He can see ghosts and one day not long before the end of the anime he bumped into Kagura being chased by one. That's how they met. Kagura made no friends after Yomi and she also keeps her distance from Kensuke but fell in love with him as time went on nonetheless. Because he can see spirits he ends up working with her and they become a team.

Kazuhiro's trying to revive the Kyuubi and in order to do it he needs strong spirits to gather the required stones. That's why he gave one to Mei, and why he gave one to Yomi.

Note also that Yomi wanted to die. She asked this of Noriyuki and Kagura. She knew what she did was wrong but under the stones influence she no longer had the self-control to stop it. She knowingly gave Kagura an opening, and Kagura took it. Kagura knows this and speaks about it in the manga too.

In general it led straight into the manga. The manga, even though it has it's moments, is not as good as the anime was though.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Interesting. ;D
Hmm, I think ill start the manga soon :D
Im really enjoyed Ga-Rei Zero and want more... Soo, the only other thing I can do is to start the manga :D

Spoiler (show)