Live Action Cowboy Bebop Movie in Development

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Live Action Cowboy Bebop Movie in Development

Post by larch »

IFMagazine’s entertainment website reports that film producer Erwin Stoff who’s claim to fame were movies like: The Matrix and A Scanner Darkly is developing a live-action adaptation of Sunrise’s cult classic Cowboy Bebop for Fox movies. Stoff told the website that the project is “in the really early stages” since the parties “just signed it the other day.” Stoff promised “a real degree of faithfulness,” and also had the following to say about his plans for the Cowboy Bebop movie:
- Erwin Stoff - “When I met with them in Japan, one of the first things that I brought up was the experience that we had on A Scanner Darkly, and how hard we worked to remain faithful to Philip K. willy, and that was our big concern here.”
Cowboy Bebop follows the crazy antics of two bounty hunters named Spike Spiegel and Jet Black. Throughout the anime they come across many odd faces of bounties and even some friends. By the middle of the series the Bebop, the ship Jet owns is filled not only with Jet and Spike, but Faye, a beautifully dangerous bounty hunter, and Ed, a crazy 9-year-old tomboy master hacker. The Bebop crew go through many bounties and crazy adventures just to scrounge around for some type of income to keep them alive, till there next bounty.

http://larcho.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/ ... velopment/
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Hmm...

Somehow I doubt a live action would be able to generate the atmosphere of the anime.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

This would be would be great if its done well with great music (jazz etc).
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64